TRT beginning to show its stripes

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Give yourself some credit. This ain't all trt. A lot of it is your own attitude and belief about what you are capable of.

this is true, I’ve been on it for about the same time frame and probably a lower dose. But I’ve also been putting in the effort in the gym and diet and I’ve seen my strength go up a fair amount, far beyond what my small trt dose would be accountable for.

You keep doing the work and it will continue to pay off.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I can tell you for certain that I would have tendonitis in shoulders and elbows while lifting this heavy pre-trt so I could never recover from it. I am pain free after ten weeks. I havent been pain free for many years.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can tell you for certain that I would have tendonitis in shoulders and elbows while lifting this heavy pre-trt so I could never recover from it. I am pain free after ten weeks. I havent been pain free for many years.

Sorry bro but that ain't the Trt. Read up on testosterone's negative effects on collagen synthesis.

But guess it don't matter really. Just keep working hard and making progress and stay on top of your blood work. Doing great man

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry bro but that ain't the Trt. Read up on testosterone's negative effects on collagen synthesis.

But guess it don't matter really. Just keep working hard and making progress and stay on top of your blood work. Doing great man

Yep, true story...never took away any of my issues..unfortunately :(

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
What I think healthy test does is remove someone from an overtrained state. Overtrained equals overuse injuries. I wouldnt need trt if I wasnt overtraining honestly, but I like training hard and doing lots of cardio so at 35, here I am. Ive never had an actual injury in my life surprisingly, only overuse inflammation.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Training hard and lots of cardio isn’t overtraining. You mentioned that you do a bro split in a different thread, I would think it almost impossible to overtrain hitting a muscle group one time a week, MAYBE something like shoulders if you have them trained right after chest and they are getting hit both days in a row becaus of that, but if you use some sense in what days you train what, that is avoidable.

im not sure a trt dose impacts recovery to the extent you’re thinking, I’m sure one of the guys who have been on it longer than I have can weigh in with their opinion on it, but trt is is not like running a cycle where I’m pretty sure recovery is really sped up.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I can assure you that you can. Any muscle that I work is sore for 4-5 days every week.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Training hard and lots of cardio isn’t overtraining. You mentioned that you do a bro split in a different thread, I would think it almost impossible to overtrain hitting a muscle group one time a week, MAYBE something like shoulders if you have them trained right after chest and they are getting hit both days in a row becaus of that, but if you use some sense in what days you train what, that is avoidable.

im not sure a trt dose impacts recovery to the extent you’re thinking, I’m sure one of the guys who have been on it longer than I have can weigh in with their opinion on it, but trt is is not like running a cycle where I’m pretty sure recovery is really sped up.

Trt absolutely has tremendous positive effects on MUSCLE recovery. Just not on joint damage is all.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess it just goes to how everybody's body is different...:32 (20):

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Trt absolutely has tremendous positive effects on MUSCLE recovery. Just not on joint damage is all.

Being hypothyroid, taking prescribed thyroid medication in addition to my TRT protocol seemed to help with my joint pain the most.

At some point, I'm planning on running deca 1:1 with my TRT protocol to see if that helps with a nagging shoulder issue that comes and goes. Thus far, my solution was to go with a narrower grip on bench press to take the pressure off that shoulder since wide grip bench press on the competition rings seems to aggravate it the most. The downside is that I bench press less weight when I go the length of my thumb away from the beginning of the knurling for my left and right hand.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I do incline bench only due to a year old ac joint separation. Saves my shoulders.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
275x10 my first set of incline today. These results are unreal. Really makes me wonder what I could have been had I gone full on into gear in my mid twenties. Oh well, never know now but loving these benefits. Ive been running for 30 minutes before breakfast for a few weeks now and doing cardio again after lifting so Ive been tightening up and losing fat lately but Im still somehow up 4lbs! I was 231 today. Strength and muscular endurance is just unreal. I cant even fathom what a real cycle would be like.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
275x10 my first set of incline today. These results are unreal. Really makes me wonder what I could have been had I gone full on into gear in my mid twenties. Oh well, never know now but loving these benefits. Ive been running for 30 minutes before breakfast for a few weeks now and doing cardio again after lifting so Ive been tightening up and losing fat lately but Im still somehow up 4lbs! I was 231 today. Strength and muscular endurance is just unreal. I cant even fathom what a real cycle would be like.

You can achieve the same level you would have had had you taken AAS in your twenties. You can even surpass that.

As for your first cycle: there will be endless PRs.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I just dont think that I want to jump into that pool. At 5-10, Im 231 with abs starting to show. I dont live the lifestyle like a lot of you guys. I drink beer. Dont watch calories or macros. I do a physical job all day and do a ton of cardio. Got a 2 year old daughter, hunt and fish and hike a ton. I lift like I do because I love to. Dont really have a goal in mind. I might bladt some straight test in the future here and there but probably never really cycle. Would be interesting to see my AAS potential, but not worth the risk to me (however marginal it really is)

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I think it's uncommon for a guy at your level to go on trt and not try a cycle. Maybe you are different or special.

You can also do everything you are currently doing and run a cycle. Lots of people do.

I haven't achieved your level of strength (at least bench) even with AAS. I know if I were in your shoes I'd want to bench 500.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score

I think this is the part that surprised me the most. For me, TRT made me feel “less like crap” in general but more then anything it’s made me rebound much faster from harder training.

When I was more uneducated I assumed it would be more like a stimulant and didn’t really understand how it would feel.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I guess I just dont know how much more I want from this. Keep in mind Ive been at this since I was in 5th grade and never did any AAS. Not saying it wont happen but Im in this life for the long haul and I know I could put on 30lbs or more running some cycles but that bodyweight isnt healthy and is counter to a lot of my lifestyle. Happy to be here with you guys and gals though and reaping the rewards of some exogenous testosterone!

As for the 500 lb bench, I pushed 415 natural at 21 yo and pretty happy with that. I wont delve into those numbers again for fear of injury. I make my living with my hands so just too much risk.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I respect your decision.

New Threads