TRT beginning to show its stripes

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I just dont think that I want to jump into that pool. At 5-10, Im 231 with abs starting to show. I dont live the lifestyle like a lot of you guys. I drink beer. Dont watch calories or macros. I do a physical job all day and do a ton of cardio. Got a 2 year old daughter, hunt and fish and hike a ton. I lift like I do because I love to. Dont really have a goal in mind. I might bladt some straight test in the future here and there but probably never really cycle. Would be interesting to see my AAS potential, but not worth the risk to me (however marginal it really is)

I have 4 young men and still find time to give a few fish a sore lip and a deer a dirt nap. Trust me, I'm scarce in the gym during the rut. In October, I'll be in a tree with a bow in my hand more than in a gym. Plan your lifting around your seasons and you can be good at all of them.

AAS is a personal decision and a comfort level of the risk. I respect your honesty.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I have 4 young men and still find time to give a few fish a sore lip and a deer a dirt nap. Trust me, I'm scarce in the gym during the rut. In October, I'll be in a tree with a bow in my hand more than in a gym. Plan your lifting around your seasons and you can be good at all of them.

AAS is a personal decision and a comfort level of the risk. I respect your honesty.

Where do you live? Im from PA originally. I hunt mostly with a recurve these days. Been scouting a lot this year. We bought a cabin this winter in the NE GA mtns and I bet Ive walked 100 miles scouting for the bow opener (bears). Got some stands to hang on my deer leases still but really ready for September to get here

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Where do you live? Im from PA originally. I hunt mostly with a recurve these days. Been scouting a lot this year. We bought a cabin this winter in the NE GA mtns and I bet Ive walked 100 miles scouting for the bow opener (bears). Got some stands to hang on my deer leases still but really ready for September to get here

NE Pa. Biggest black bears around are here and a healthy population. I never targeted them but have seen them, some close.

I hear ya about the preseason work. I spend a lot of time scouting and preping food plots. Guys tell me how lucky I am to get a buck almost every year but I got more time in the woods before the season then most guys got into their entire deer hunts.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
It's a lot different here. Season deer limit is 12. Can kill two bears and 3 gobblers. Our mtns have almost nothing but bears and pigs now but goid deer hunting in the rest of the state. Seen 22 bears so far since june 1. We bowhunt them exclusively in the big mtns. It's probably my favorite hunts of the year.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
My family has a camp in the tuscarora st forest in perry county. My first deer hunting was all up there with the orange army.

New Threads