TRT beginning to show its stripes

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Did my first pin of my 10th week of trt on monday. Due to constant overuse injuries, I hadnt gone real heavy on bench in a long time. Cant really do flat bench anymore due to a somewhat dislocated ac joint but do incline just fine. Did my typical warm up and worked to my first work set at 275 and got 7. Went to 295 and got 5. 315 for 3. Decided, what the hell, try 335. Went up super easy. Added 20 more and squeaked out a 355 incline at 35 years old. When I was young, my benches were 365 incline and 415 flat so Im pretty blown away that after only ten weeks at a small dose of test, Im pushing close to what I was at 21. Havent been focusing on strength at all either. Im a hypertrophy guy these days. Get bloods done on thursday and then the clinic wants to take me off test for 10 days and run hcg daily. Not sure how I feel about it but we will see what bloods show

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I suppose they want to make it easier to rebound if you ever decide to quit. Both sperm and test production.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I suppose they want to make it easier to rebound if you ever decide to quit. Both sperm and test production.

Forget it.

If you're concerned about fertility just freeze some sperm and/or run hcg with your trt.

If your doctor isnt commited to you being on for life he should have tried other methods first.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Aint a doctor. A trt clinic would put a 20 year old on if the check cashed. Im just dialing in my dosage and AI's with them before I buy from the gym rats and save myself thousands.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Aint a doctor. A trt clinic would put a 20 year old on if the check cashed. Im just dialing in my dosage and AI's with them before I buy from the gym rats and save myself thousands.

ok. Let me restate.

If you are not commited to trt for life you should be looking at other options.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Good work man! Just one question, what is a somewhat dislocated AC joint? not being a smartass, genuinely curious.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I separated my ac joint several months back. Had the typical raised bump between shoulder and trap and could hear and feel it moving around. Went to a doc and he said nothing was torn so it's as if the ligaments just basically stretched out and the joint moves around. It's been tightening back up but I still cant do dips or flat bench

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Another feel good TRT story! Just do yourself a favor and back off the singles and triples. The last thing you want when riding the wave is to step on your dick and get injured.

Good for you my man. Life is better on TRT.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did my first pin of my 10th week of trt on monday. Due to constant overuse injuries, I hadnt gone real heavy on bench in a long time. Cant really do flat bench anymore due to a somewhat dislocated ac joint but do incline just fine. Did my typical warm up and worked to my first work set at 275 and got 7. Went to 295 and got 5. 315 for 3. Decided, what the hell, try 335. Went up super easy. Added 20 more and squeaked out a 355 incline at 35 years old. When I was young, my benches were 365 incline and 415 flat so Im pretty blown away that after only ten weeks at a small dose of test, Im pushing close to what I was at 21. Havent been focusing on strength at all either. Im a hypertrophy guy these days. Get bloods done on thursday and then the clinic wants to take me off test for 10 days and run hcg daily. Not sure how I feel about it but we will see what bloods show

The clinic I was with a while back started doing this protocol of coming off test & doing hcg. I dumped them & started to self administer.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what is with making him stop for 10 days..running hcg....and then back on test???????

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what is with making him stop for 10 days..running hcg....and then back on test???????

I don't recall exactly what my clinics reasoning was..... I do recall the excuse they used as being IMO senseless, so I dumped them.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't recall exactly what my clinics reasoning was..... I do recall the excuse they used as being IMO senseless, so I dumped them.

So we are thinking it's just all about money..lol...I'm not shocked but damn...can't anyone stop trying to rob everyone....

My Dr. admitted to me last visit that he makes money from giving prescriptions that I got at the pharmacy..my vial of test (when I was trying to do it properly but couldn't afford it when it got out of control) ..went from $80 to $ 195...can you fuuucking believe that shit!!!!!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So we are thinking it's just all about money..lol...I'm not shocked but damn...can't anyone stop trying to rob everyone....

My Dr. admitted to me last visit that he makes money from giving prescriptions that I got at the pharmacy..my vial of test (when I was trying to do it properly but couldn't afford it when it got out of control) ..went from $80 to $ 195...can you fuuucking believe that shit!!!!!

Hmmm, they get $$ for scripts? No wonder everyone is on drugs.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score

I can believe and do believe it....Doctors and big pharma are one in the same.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, they get $$ for scripts? No wonder everyone is on drugs.

Yea, I was actually shocked when he said that...wonder if it's legal..lmao

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure we were using the same clinic. I dumped them too. The BEST case scenario was that they would be able to bring us back up to our sh1tty pre trt levels. Made me realize they didn’t know what the heck they were doing.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Watch "prescription thugs". It's eye opening

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Wow. I'm really surprised, and kind of impressed, that he admitted that. That explains why most Docs try to gives average person 2 or 3 scripts their way out the door rather than suggesting no pharmaceutical interventions (exercise and diet)

New Threads