Anxiety Sufferers? How do you manage Stress.

Reaction score
Perhaps I should have been more specific, I was speaking of the anxiety..

I made it 2 years without pills, I probably spent 1-2K on natural supplements and treatments. Nothing worked. I started getting chest pressure and tightness in chest and squeezing in chest. bad brain fog and Living with that all day everyday was tormenting so thats when I couldn't take it anymore because it was messing with my quality of life and it was just getting to a whole new level of worse which was leading to agoraphobia

An old paramedic told me to get my Lumbar/Thorax adjusted because it could cause a feeling of not getting enough air so you would then overbreathe which in time creates tension in the chest. Thats my next step.. on top of acupuncture.

Reaction score
This isn't something that can be found with bloodwork, it would require an upper GI.

I had the exact same anxiety issues you're describing before and finally came to understand my problems were due to reflux. Heartburn is a tricky mofo, it can make you think it is something else in numerous ways to include chest tightness, throat tightness, general feeling of malaise, etc. The acidic burns to my throat caused me to feel like I was gasping for breath and I was stressed out constantly. I had no idea my heartburn was as bad as it was, I was only aware of it when I ate certain types of foods. If you have heartburn a few times a week, I would recommend a couple of things:

Get on prescription Omeprazole, not the OTC shit (aka esomeprazole I believe).
Make some serious diet changes. Do not eat any foods with a tomato based sauce (pizza, spaghetti, ketchup, etc.), no fried foods, and avoid sugar.
Purchase and consume alkaline foods and alkaline water, I like Essentia water. Google alkaline foods, its not that hard. Consistency is key here, give it a couple of weeks of diet change at least.

Not saying this is 100% your issue, but I know that this worked for me. Best of luck.

Meh I believe those stomach medications damage your stomach even more overtime which is why im scared to even try prilosec, I just dont want to be stuck on those meds for life. Ill def try that diet wise and ill have to ask my doctor to look into it more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wellbutrin causes a ton of anxiety in lots of people. Burn that stuff off in the gym and you wont need meds.

It's possible that the Wellbutrin isn't for you. Something different may work better.

You aren't the only one dealing with these kinds of problems. It's very hard to figure out because the last thing you want to do is explore your own anxiety.
Ive heard that. Ill talk to my doctor about tapering off and seeing how I feel when im completely off. In 2011 I was on it for 6 months and felt fine.. Maybe not this time around.
Only reason I went on welbutrin was my dick stopped working on Celexa and weight gain. So I am scared of going to other meds mainly because weight gain.. They wont give me a BENZO.

Last edited:

cotton2012

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Build coping skills like breathing techniques and meditation and figure out what your triggers are and how to avoid them or manage them, and just understanding whats going on inside, educate yourself.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Multifaceted approach is needed. Im on multiple different meds (took a while to get the right combo that worked for me), diet, exercise, psychology, a good support network and i gave up weed and booze.

Hang in there brother, it can and will get better

Reactions: Jin

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have been more specific, I was speaking of the anxiety..

My response wouldn't change. Anxiety doesn't mean stress. I can handle stress. In fact I thrive in it. Anxiety is different.

I just got home from a conference in Anaheim. For one of the days I missed the events for the day. Also missed having lunch with Jenner. Because my anxiety was so out of control I couldn't find the ability to leave my hotel room.

When a portion of my brain has been hijacked and leaves me in a perpetual fight or flight response why on Earth would it be wrong to treat that with a medication?

Your response wasn't callous. It's ignorant. You don't fully understand the subject. In fact nobody really does because much of how the brain works is still a mistery. So don't mistake me saying this meaning you are an ill intentioned asshole or something. I just want people who think a windy walk on the beach is the solution to understand that they don't know what they are talking about.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My response wouldn't change. Anxiety doesn't mean stress. I can handle stress. In fact I thrive in it. Anxiety is different.

I just got home from a conference in Anaheim. For one of the days I missed the events for the day. Also missed having lunch with Jenner. Because my anxiety was so out of control I couldn't find the ability to leave my hotel room.

When a portion of my brain has been hijacked and leaves me in a perpetual fight or flight response why on Earth would it be wrong to treat that with a medication?

Your response wasn't callous. It's ignorant. You don't fully understand the subject. In fact nobody really does because much of how the brain works is still a mistery. So don't mistake me saying this meaning you are an ill intentioned asshole or something. I just want people who think a windy walk on the beach is the solution to understand that they don't know what they are talking about.
POB, I appreciate your response although sounding a little personal. I don't think I'm ignorant on this issue. I've been taking antianxiety meds for 30years and was giving my opinion only. I've struggled with anxiety off and on...and yes it can be absolutely associated with stress! Regardless, I've been on Xanax, welbutrin, cholonaprin and a few others I cant recall from many years ago. In my case it has always been episodic and not a permanent regiment. I'm obviously not a Dr., so I dont appreciate what sounds like a condemnation on my opinion. I have had debilitating anxiety where I couldn't leave the room...meds helped me overcome these episodes, thus allowing me to get a firmer grip on my own mind and not completely relying on a pill! Again, this was my personal experience and opinion. I suppose I'm lucky. I didn't mean to undermine anyone's condition, but ignorant..I think not.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I have major respect and sincerity when this stuff is discussed, always will as I feel lucky that I don’t have to go through it.

My heart goes out to anyone that feels these ways and hope all can find something that fixes it!

Missed our meeting for sure but we are going to be around for awhile..so another time will happen!!:)

Just do whatever it takes to feel normal as we only live once!!!

Reaction score
Welp I did a nice deep PMR meditation exercise for a hour and felt a lot less tension in my body. Although I still feel the tension and tightness in my head,face,jaw,. I feel doing more meditation will help. I’m going to aim for 3 times daily.

Last edited:

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
I do a lot of sparing sessions at the gym + I just approach w/e is giving me anxiety head on.....for instance I used to get anxiety when I caught people staring at me (just thought they were talking down about me...idk) but than I just started approaching them and saying Hi lol apparently more people are interested in me than I thought and overall I'm well liked....I don't really suffer from any type of anxiety anymore but now I easily do notice it when others have it

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I do a lot of sparing sessions at the gym + I just approach w/e is giving me anxiety head on.....for instance I used to get anxiety when I caught people staring at me (just thought they were talking down about me...idk) but than I just started approaching them and saying Hi lol apparently more people are interested in me than I thought and overall I'm well liked....I don't really suffer from any type of anxiety anymore but now I easily do notice it when others have it

come to Japan if you really want to be stared at:)

and yes, if you respond with a smile you usually get a positive interaction. The opposite is also true.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First time I went to Japan..girls on a bike ran into each other and wrecked.......

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
First time I went to Japan..girls on a bike ran into each other and wrecked.......

Staring at the beautiful gaijin, no doubt.

Yep. A girl backed her car into a truck in 711 parking lot because she was too distracted by the only white guy within 50km.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Staring at the beautiful gaijin, no doubt.

Yep. A girl backed her car into a truck in 711 parking lot because she was too distracted by the only white guy within 50km.

hahahahahaha

Was my first visit there...17 years old and blonde head..was so many years ago and a non visit area...funny as hell!

Reactions: Jin

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Usually some alcohol does the trick.

For women....wine

Jaydub

Elite
Reaction score
I've had anxiety with very bad sleep for most of my life. I know medication is not always the answer. But for me xanax XR really help. My anxiety would get bad enough at times my appetite would be gone. Take one of those XRs and I'm eating all day. It calms my nerves. Like I said, meds aren't the right road for everyone, but it's what xanax (and valium, Ativan etc) were made for, and it works for me. Also helps with sleep.

Reaction score
Paxil (paroxetine) gave me perfect relief for my anxiety. Been almost 3 years and still on it, sometimes I take benzo as well but it's random, if I feel anxietic a bit, eat low dose valium.

New Threads