Anxiety Sufferers? How do you manage Stress.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've started taken xanax again, a .5mg first thing in the am. It is very random with me, I've been waking up with anxiety the past few months thinking about work, bills, etc. As soon as I get to work my employer is a great guy but he's a 100mph out of the gates and it gets my chest tight! Sometimes I'll take 2 a day but that's rare as it will make me sleepy too early in the day. Prior to this I was on Cholonaprin on my Dr.'s advice because it's supposed to be more consistent but I told him xanax seemed a better fit because I notice them working. I was on Lexapro the longest but it's a hard on killer and weight gainer...for me at least. Coffee doesn't help btw.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Klonopins never did much for me either. Xanax worked better.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A Blowie first thing in the morning also helps...but that's a hard prescription to get!!!

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
A Blowie first thing in the morning also helps...but that's a hard prescription to get!!!

I just wake up, grab her hand, put it down my pants, then -gently- push her head down.. works every time.. with every gf I’ve ever had lol.. dunno why, but they follow along.

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
I love Xanax if I'm having a real bad day or I can't fall asleep but it's so damn addictive I stay away from it. I self medicate with various forms of medical marijuana, it helps 100%

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im with a new doc who demands i see him face to face to get my xanax script refilled, my last doc just had me call him and he would refill it every 30 days or so, im not an abuser, but have been on this chit for about 10 yrs or so, i wish i didnt have to take anything, maybe ill see how the xr is? But with the new doc being an internist he wants me off it, which is fine as long as i can get a substitute to taper off with, i cant do the cbd and stuff like that due to who i work for, but if i ever get the chance i will try it

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad you're finally trying women...
I just wake up, grab her hand, put it down my pants, then -gently- push her head down.. works every time.. with every gf I’ve ever had lol.. dunno why, but they follow along.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Im with a new doc who demands i see him face to face to get my xanax script refilled, my last doc just had me call him and he would refill it every 30 days or so, im not an abuser, but have been on this chit for about 10 yrs or so, i wish i didnt have to take anything, maybe ill see how the xr is? But with the new doc being an internist he wants me off it, which is fine as long as i can get a substitute to taper off with, i cant do the cbd and stuff like that due to who i work for, but if i ever get the chance i will try it

He can’t cold Turkey you, the way benzos work, if you have been a long time user you can have a seizure and die if you go a couple days without.. lost a couple friends that way.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He can’t cold Turkey you, the way benzos work, if you have been a long time user you can have a seizure and die if you go a couple days without.. lost a couple friends that way.
Yeah he is crazy, but finally getting my script filled i just need to go back to max juicen w a ton of hcg and less anxiety,

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Sounds bad to an outside person, but someone who knows how you can actually die from it, I always suggest to my friends who have been prescribed for a long time, to always have a 3-5 put up, just in case something happened to them, for whatever reason, you can at least micro dose until you have an appt and keep you from dying.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds bad to an outside person, but someone who knows how you can actually die from it, I always suggest to my friends who have been prescribed for a long time, to always have a 3-5 put up, just in case something happened to them, for whatever reason, you can at least micro dose until you have an appt and keep you from dying.
Yeah i got 3 tabs left at home, and can get some if i want to go another route but dont want to go that route,

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

This is excellent and potentially life saving advice to give.

When sending alcoholics to rehab via plane, the sending agency will (typically) provide the patient with enough money to buy a couple drinks on the plane. Same idea.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What is your daily dose? Hopefully not too high, much easier to taper off.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only .5 but been on it for over 10 yrs daily,
.5mgs, how many times a day...3? That would require tapering, If only one a day coming off shouldn't be a big deal. More psychological than physical as far as symptoms. I've been there.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
.5mgs, how many times a day...3? That would require tapering, If only one a day coming off shouldn't be a big deal. More psychological than physical as far as symptoms. I've been there.
AWESOME THANKS MAN!!! , want to come off, usually just use it 1 time perday, prolly more habit forming now, but also find myself using .75 at times but yeah want to see how i respond by coming off and just making better lifestyle choices

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
AWESOME THANKS MAN!!! , want to come off, usually just use it 1 time perday, prolly more habit forming now, but also find myself using .75 at times but yeah want to see how i respond by coming off and just making better lifestyle choices
You are absolutely right! Just thinking about meds can give you anxiety!! I got a little loopy coming of lexapro going cold turkey, cholonaprin I noticed nothing coming off, but xanax is definitely one, for me at least, which is habit forming in the sense I need one! Physical effects at .5 a day a minimal. My disclaimer, this only my opinion!!!! I've had severe physical symptoms to oxy withdraws, which I dont go near anymore but unless you're living on a couple bars a day or 1-3 mgs of xanax a day...not too bad...again my opinion. Seizures come from excessive amounts....waiting for someone to challenge me on this...you know who you are!

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
True the friends I had that passed were taking a couple bars every day, however I still would not cold turkey any benzo. I was the highest prescribed vet I’m the nation with OxyContin and oxycodone for 8 months, cold turkey quit, but you won’t die from opiate withdrawals, just feel like shit for a couple weeks.

it would still behoove any one with an extended length of time using a benzo to do so properly through a doctors supervision.

Last edited:

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
True the friends I had that passed were taking a couple bars every day, however I still would not cold turkey any benzo. I was the highest prescribed vet I’m the nation with OxyContin and oxycodone for 8 months, cold turkey quit, but you won’t die from opiate withdrawals, just feel like shit for a couple weeks.

it would still behoove any one with an extended length of time using a benzo to do so properly through a doctors supervision.
Not going to argue with that! There's also many other variables at play here....body weight, addictive personality, length of time on meds, etc. Wasn't challenging you. BTW, if you can kick opiates in the ass, benzos is downhill. I was talking 180 mgs of oxycontin a day. My wife was leaving me, my job leaving me, my mind leaving me. Hiccups, yawns, diarrhea, extreme anxiety, sell anything in your ****ing house to get more! I put it down...not easy, I took suboxone which is just as bad to come off, same dr btw...asshole. The blue devil is worse than a benzo all day! I personally know 5 people who died on opiates, no one from xanax ..that is a relative statement of course. Our pillademic is based on opiates, no one can dispute that. Sorry for what looks like a high jack, but I have input on this one.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Not going to argue with that! There's also many other variables at play here....body weight, addictive personality, length of time on meds, etc. Wasn't challenging you. BTW, if you can kick opiates in the ass, benzos is downhill. I was talking 180 mgs of oxycontin a day. My wife was leaving me, my job leaving me, my mind leaving me. Hiccups, yawns, diarrhea, extreme anxiety, sell anything in your ****ing house to get more! I put it down...not easy, I took suboxone which is just as bad to come off, same dr btw...asshole. The blue devil is worse than a benzo all day! I personally know 5 people who died on opiates, no one from xanax ..that is a relative statement of course. Our pillademic is based on opiates, no one can dispute that. Sorry for what looks like a high jack, but I have input on this one.

Glad you did man. It’s a slippery slope. I know all too well, small town east TN.. it’s unfortunate but takes some dedication and a want to quit. Good on you brother. It ain’t easy.

New Threads