Var

Fitgurlmelz

Lady Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I wanted to know when is the right time to start cycling var and how long I should for. I’ve never been on any type of gear before and I’ve done some research already and I know it would be important to start on a low dosage. But I just want to hear everyone else’s experiences with it and if it’s good for cutting and leaning out. Thank you so much!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When to go on varies person to person. In general it's ok to go on if you have adequate diet and training experience. This usually is years of efforts, trial and error, epic failures and amazing moments of realization. Going on before you truly understand what it takes to alter your body composition usually causes more problems than it helps.

Steroids can aid in fat loss but they aren't some amazing fat burner. They are best used for building muscle. A cutting cycle usually just means you are using the drugs to spare muscle loss while driving calories balls deep into deficit territory.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what he said..and unless I know what you have done and are doing..I wouldn’t suggest you do any steroids

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Steroids in general are not suitable for cutting/leaning out. You need to focus on diet & real fat loss drugs for that. They do help preserve muscle when dieting down though.

If Var still interests you knowing that, then some basic advice that I give all my girls (I'm a guy, don't confuse me with the hot Avi):
- Make sure you're getting real var. That means source checking (asking the board about your source in the underground section, searching for tested results on anaboliclab dot com, etc). This step is vital. You don't want to end up with a much harsher oral steroid that can cause a lot of problems down the line.

- Thoroughly research the possible side effects and be aware that it is not a miracle drug. Far from it actually. Not all side effects are reversible...I doubt this will be an issue for you on a low dose of Var but that is not something me or anyone else here can guarantee. If you're unsure about something then please ask. I will also note that some of my girls did get water retention from Var so...it doesn't fit everyone. Just an FYI.

- As for the the "right time", it really doesn't exist. As a woman, as long as you have some consistent diet & training experience (6 months+) under your belt, I think it's fine to start thinking about your first cycle. You've been consistent for a year, right? So, no issues there. The same doesn't apply to us dudes.

- I recommend starting at 5mg per day (preferably split into 2x day dosing due to the half life) and adjusting as you based on results/side effects. If it's working well then stay the same, if the side effects are bad stop the cycle. If you wish to consider increasing the dose that's fine as long as you take it slow. I never recommend more than 20mg for any woman.

- Length of cycle, most of my girls like 6-10 weeks but again, kind of depends on side effects/results. In general, that's a good time frame to see the results you're looking for.

- If you can, I'd recommend getting some bloodwork done pre cycle to check everything is fine heading into your first run and mid cycle to check that it's not messing around with anything too badly. I consider this a necessity, not optional, for my girls but realize that depending on where you live it may be more difficult to get bloodwork done privately.

Again, any questions please fire away. Being over-prepared is not a real thing when it comes to cycling :)

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
There is nothing sustainable with any gear regardless of what you are using it for. What ever the gear brings , it takes with it when it leaves the building. Just bear this in mind if you think you're ready for this. It's a very personal decision.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I like that POB, Balls Deep Deficiency. May have to use that sometime.

This is all some great info. Zilla knows his stuff. The only thing that I would add, is don't have too high expectations. For Var or any gear for that matter. Things that HAVE to be on is your diet and training. First!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Rip, pillar got it really. No need to go further, just reiterate it

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Main thing you need to know is your body pretty much goes back to the way it looked before the cycle...after the cycle eventually unless you are a hardcore trainer....and you will hang on to some of it if you are:)

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good stickies to think about prior to a first cycle.

https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/11475-Am-I-ready-to-cycle

My experience with it is that it provides a great pump, gives a hardened look at <12% BF, and crashes my lipids.

I consider it more of a cosmetic tool for a specific event (i.e. I want to look good on such or such a date) than as performance enhancer/strength builder.

New Threads