Do you use Tapatalk? Why?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't trust Tapatalk and should stop using it. They are pretty sketchy.

First, it is likely that every time you make a post ANYWHERE using Tapatalk that they are creating a duplicate of our board in their database.

Second, they appear to have created something of a chatroom attached to UGBB. Only they never even told us and getting it removed is an absolute nightmare. This chat they have built is being used in ways that violate UGBB community rules.

If you give a damn about UG, quit using it. I use the responsive theme on mobile and it works great. You should too.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

First, it is likely that every time you make a post ANYWHERE using Tapatalk that they are creating a duplicate of our board in their database.

Second, they appear to have created something of a chatroom attached to UGBB. Only they never even told us and getting it removed is an absolute nightmare. This chat they have built is being used in ways that violate UGBB community rules.

If you give a damn about UG, quit using it. I use the responsive theme on mobile and it works great. You should too.

Yep that's what I was afraid about honestly,

What's the responsive theme? Just login under the web version?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yep that's what I was afraid about honestly,

What's the responsive theme? Just login under the web version?

Yeah log in on mobile and look for the white bar down bottom.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll let admin chime in on this, but I believe that only way to prevent tapatalk from keeping a copy of UGBB in their cache is to deactivate tapatalk functionality from the forum; it doesn't matter if we use it or not, as long as it's activated, they'll keep a copy.

Last edited:

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll let admin chime in on this, but I believe that only way to prevent tapatalk from keeping a copy of UGBB in their cache is to deactivate tapatalk functionality from the forum; it doesn't matter if we use it or not, as long as it's activated, they'll keep a copy.

If we can get enough people to drop tapatalk that is the plan.

j2048b, login to the forum via any web browser that's not tapatalk and you can choose from several different version of UGBB at the bottom left. UBBresponsive works on all devices. If you prefer just the mobile look try "UGBB Mobile style".

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If we're going to deactivate it, I'd propose we go ahead and set a date and start working towards migrating users to one of the web layouts. Once a date is picked, we can start a thread with instructions and update it with reminders as the date gets closer.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason why we dont have an app?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If we're going to deactivate it, I'd propose we go ahead and set a date and start working towards migrating users to one of the web layouts. Once a date is picked, we can start a thread with instructions and update it with reminders as the date gets closer.
Spoken like a true IT administrator, lol.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Never used it , just pull the site up on browser on my phone when im on it.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I haven't left it yet....it is more user friendly....at least for me.

mugzy

Administrator
Reaction score
It is still installed however at some point we are going to have to pull the plug. Tapatalk is stealing our content and showing just how unsafe it is to keep using.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can we get a ugb app??

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would love to however its a couple of grand for an app. We are doing some server updates at the moment, maybe next year.
Cool, yeah i wasn't sure the cost, hopefully we can get one and drop tapatalk, i just use it for convenience

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score

Point made I did not know will quit useing now

Reactions: Jin

New Threads