Old gear

Hard2Gain

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I know it’s been a hell of a long time since I’ve been on here but I’ve been back at it for a few months now and have a question hopefully you guys can help me out with! I’m posting it in this section because the gear in question is some old home brew.

So I have some gear that was made about 5 years ago. It’s Test E that was filtered using a .22 syringe top into a sterile vial. It’s been sitting in a cool dark place (safe) the whole time. I came across it today and I really don’t want to throw it out because it was some good stuff! So my question is would you guys 1) throw it out? 2) re-filter and use it? Or 3) say f**k it and use it as is?

Thanks in advance for any help and glad to be back!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is it still clear or has it gone out of suspension?

Hard2Gain

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's probably fine. Has the stopper ever been pierced? If so refilter it.

Yea it’s a 50mll bottle with about 10ml out of it so it was pierced a few times in the past. A refilter wouldn’t be the worst idea I guess I’m just worried about some of the other ingriedients expiring.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
The fact that you have 40ml left sucks, but five years? In our lab at work, big sign....Never use expired chems! Different scenario, same outcome.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
see how it looks after you re-filter it. I'd most likely just re-order stuff. Even 40ml, its not that expensive.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I dont have any exp with gear, but 5 years for any medication is a long time. If it were me id get new, but like i said i have no exp on this matter, just meds in general. Some of the other guys obviously have way more knowledge on this specific subject.

Hard2Gain

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just an update... I decided to pass on the old gear. It just didn’t seem worth the risk. Still can’t bring myself to throw it away yet though. Now I’m on the journey of finding a new source as my old one has not responded back to me. Wish me luck!

Reaction score
Just an update... I decided to pass on the old gear. It just didn’t seem worth the risk. Still can’t bring myself to throw it away yet though. Now I’m on the journey of finding a new source as my old one has not responded back to me. Wish me luck!

Email me or pm please

New Threads