Phentremine and weightloss

Hazelnut

Lady Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with Phentermine?
Here's my story....So I gained 100+ pounds after having my first child 4 years ago. I started phentermine to help with weighloss. It gave me the energy to work out 2+ hours a day and stay on my feet majority of the day everyday, while eating less without a set diet. I was dropping around 3 to 5lbs a week. I went from 240 to 168 in like 8 to 12 months.
I had another baby and gained back all my weight. I drop 20lbs due to breastfeeding and normal weightloss from baby. My husband then put me on a meatatarian diet lol for a couple months. It worked (lost 9lbs) and then slowly went back to old ways of eating. I thought we'll phentermine worked the first time let's take it again. This time it has not been as successful. I have felt sluggish and unsatisfied while I eat at night but force myself to eat within a 10 hour window. I have been on it for a month and not sure if I should look into another appetite suppressant or up the dosage on Phentermine.
Does anyone have advice or has experience on Phentermine?

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
My GF takes it but has to take a break from it for a few months otherwise it will lose its effectiveness but this doesn't like your issue. It could be that your body chemistry has changed with your second pregnancy. I tried to take it a few times but it just put me to sleep - but then I have ADD, even Adderall puts me to sleep. I would consult your prescribing physician about potential changes to your hormones during this last pregnancy that might cause it to affect your body differently this time around - I would suggest a referral to an oncologist if your prescribing physician doesn't really understand hormones. This is just one possible reason. Another reason is that the human mind can override a lot of the effectiveness of medications. Are you possibly experiencing any postpartum symptoms that could interact with it? - both psychological and physiological? That last one is a stab in the dark but shouldn't be overlooked.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m female and wish I could help but I don’t and never have taken supplements/drugs to drop any weight..I’m a full believer in busting ass and diet to get in shape :)

Maybe someone can help you!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I’m female and wish I could help but I don’t and never have taken supplements/drugs to drop any weight..I’m a full believer in busting ass and diet to get in shape :)

Maybe someone can help you!

I was using EC stack to help with weight loss but have stopped it the last week or so. Was going to take a break from it for a couple weeks till after vacation and maybe start it up again once i get back.

Never tried any prescription weight loss drugs before, my wife has, not sure what she was on, gave her shit loads of energy i can tell you that much.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was using EC stack to help with weight loss but have stopped it the last week or so. Was going to take a break from it for a couple weeks till after vacation and maybe start it up again once i get back.

Never tried any prescription weight loss drugs before, my wife has, not sure what she was on, gave her shit loads of energy i can tell you that much.

I just can’t take stuff and I’ve always been an extreme active person...just like my grandmother was and an aunt...I LOVE being extremely physical...always have:)

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I just can’t take stuff and I’ve always been an extreme active person...just like my grandmother was and an aunt...I LOVE being extremely physical...always have:)

Yeah for some reason you not using stuff for weight loss other than hard ass work and diet does not surprise me at all!

Weight is always something i have struggled with, even younger when active in football, and then in the army, i was always bigger and not just muscle bigger. I didnt start trying out stuff to help with weight till i was in my 20s but even at that time i wasnt really putting all the effort needed into it, ate like shit and workouts were sporadic at best.

Once the drinking started in the army and continued for a couple years after i got out the weight really piled on, and thats one of the big reasons i ended up as big as i did. But ive always been one who will go ahead and take a little something to assist, granted when i was younger most of that crap was the shit they were advertising and was worthless but i went ahead and gave it a shot. Those years are so blurry at times i honestly couldnt tell you if any of it was effective but it would probably be a safe bet to say no.

Now im doing it the right way, but ill still use the the pharmaceutical assistance lol.

New Threads