Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 34
  1. #1
    Super Moderator/Fierce Fighter jennerrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,044
    Thanks
    6,872
    Thanked 4,604 Times in 2,705 Posts

    Protein......Carbs......Fat

    Ok...I'm curious...and maybe many don't even think about it or eat a certain way...but what do you crave/lean towards more?
    Now, unless I'm on a given diet...this is how I choose to eat on a regular basis and % might not be 100% correctly guessed but you'll get what I mean


    Protein - 80 %



    Carbs - 15 %

    Fat - 5 %
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jennerrator For This Useful Post:

    Hazelnut (07-10-2018)

  3. #2
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,017
    Thanks
    3,702
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Damn Jenn that's impressive! No way I could eat those macros.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to DF For This Useful Post:

    jennerrator (07-10-2018)

  5. #3
    Elite dk8594's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,197
    Thanks
    1,443
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 653 Posts
    I've been eating pretty balanced lately. Not exact, but 1/3 protein, 1/3 carb, 1/3 fat.

    I've leaned more towards a higher fat diet for the past couple of years....especially if I'm dieting. I find higher fat diets to be more satiating and help to decrease my appetite so as long as my total calories are in check I still lean out.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

    jennerrator (07-10-2018)

  7. #4
    Super Moderator/Fierce Fighter jennerrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,044
    Thanks
    6,872
    Thanked 4,604 Times in 2,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DF View Post
    Damn Jenn that's impressive! No way I could eat those macros.
    lol...I'm not sure why...but I love protein....meat...I gotta have meat..I love Indonesia food but all those types of food restaurants don't put enough meat in the dish!!!! LOL
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

  8. #5
    Super Moderator/Fierce Fighter jennerrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,044
    Thanks
    6,872
    Thanked 4,604 Times in 2,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dk8594 View Post
    I've been eating pretty balanced lately. Not exact, but 1/3 protein, 1/3 carb, 1/3 fat.

    I've leaned more towards a higher fat diet for the past couple of years....especially if I'm dieting. I find higher fat diets to be more satiating and help to decrease my appetite so as long as my total calories are in check I still lean out.
    I know. it's amazing how different our bodies are...I love this shit...maybe I should have gotten a degree in this stuff!!
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

  9. #6
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,017
    Thanks
    3,702
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennerrator50 View Post
    lol...I'm not sure why...but I love protein....meat...I gotta have meat..I love Indonesia food but all those types of food restaurants don't put enough meat in the dish!!!! LOL
    I love meat too, but keeping the carbs & fat that low for a length of time. That would be painful for me...LOL

    When I cut (drop fat Seek) I will set a calorie goal & shoot for 200g or more protein. It's usually 40-45 Protein, 40-45 carbs then fats make the rest.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DF For This Useful Post:

    jennerrator (07-10-2018),snake (07-10-2018)

  11. #7
    Super Moderator/Fierce Fighter jennerrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,044
    Thanks
    6,872
    Thanked 4,604 Times in 2,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DF View Post
    I love meat too, but keeping the carbs & fat that low for a length of time. That would be painful for me...LOL

    When I cut (drop fat Seek) I will set a calorie goal & shoot for 200g or more protein. It's usually 40-45 Protein, 40-45 carbs then fats make the rest.
    I guess I'm lucky about low carbs...doesn't bother me at all and the way our bodies are different..I keep fat really low due to how it affects me...
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

  12. #8
    Elite automatondan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    2,237
    Thanks
    5,615
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,046 Posts
    On keto my macros look like this:

    Protein - 30%
    Fats - 65%
    Carbs - 5%

    But on my regular conservative permabulk (vertical diet) they look like this:

    Protein - 30%
    Fats - 20%
    Carbs - 50%

    I actually shoot for 35% protein, but usually hit 30%.
    "We are the white knights of the darker side of athletics." -HollyWoodCole

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to automatondan For This Useful Post:

    jennerrator (07-10-2018)

  14. #9
    Super Moderator/Fierce Fighter jennerrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,044
    Thanks
    6,872
    Thanked 4,604 Times in 2,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by automatondan View Post
    On keto my macros look like this:

    Protein - 30%
    Fats - 65%
    Carbs - 5%

    But on my regular conservative permabulk (vertical diet) they look like this:

    Protein - 30%
    Fats - 20%
    Carbs - 50%

    I actually shoot for 35% protein, but usually hit 30%.
    I'd be a fatass with 65% fat!! LOL
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to jennerrator For This Useful Post:

    automatondan (07-10-2018)

  16. #10
    Senior Moderator gymrat827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    shy town
    Posts
    6,009
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 964 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jennerrator50 View Post
    I'd be a fatass with 65% fat!! LOL
    IDK, if you didnt have any carbs, sugars or simple sugars you might be surprised.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gymrat827 For This Useful Post:

    automatondan (07-10-2018),jennerrator (07-10-2018)

  18. #11
    Super Moderator/Fierce Fighter jennerrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,044
    Thanks
    6,872
    Thanked 4,604 Times in 2,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    IDK, if you didnt have any carbs, sugars or simple sugars you might be surprised.
    Lol sugars aren’t even in my diet...besides sugar in real fruit..and berries and apples are all I eat
    DO FUUCKING WORK! STRENGTH FIRST BOSTON!

  19. #12
    Senior Member BrotherJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    251
    Thanks
    287
    Thanked 261 Times in 140 Posts
    I've been on a calorie deficit since January (2000ish) - dropped about 15lbs - macros were around 65% protein, 25% carbs and 10% fat..the last two weeks I switched to maintenance because I found myself snacking a lot during the day. I may just bump up food intake and throw in some extra cardio. I missed eating.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to BrotherJ For This Useful Post:

    jennerrator (07-10-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Carbs or no Carbs? Your Results
    By pumperalbo in forum DNP - Dinitrophenol
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-12-2018, 06:34 AM
  2. Debunking broscience: eating most of your calories/carbs late at night makes you fat
    By MrRippedZilla in forum Studies and Other Scientific Data
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-17-2017, 02:31 PM
  3. Carbs don't make you fat
    By PillarofBalance in forum Studies and Other Scientific Data
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-17-2017, 09:59 PM
  4. Lets talk carbs that do not start with "R" and end with "ice"
    By NbleSavage in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 07:02 PM
  5. Drop The Fat, Hold The Carbs: 5 High-Energy Reasons To Keep Carbs In Your Diet!
    By Stacked in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •