Protein......Carbs......Fat

Hazelnut

Lady Member
Reaction score
So I've been eating better for 2 days and doing great so far without drugs/supplements ( only bc I don't have the time to make dr appointment to get more lol). But my macarcos are
Carbs 20%
Fats 47%
Protein 33%

I wanted to do the carnivore diet but I think I will just eat healthier and lower carbs.

Hazelnut

Lady Member
Reaction score
Those on the keto diet...When in a state of ketosis do you get a sweet taste in your mouth?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I've been eating better for 2 days and doing great so far without drugs/supplements ( only bc I don't have the time to make dr appointment to get more lol). But my macarcos are
Carbs 20%
Fats 47%
Protein 33%

I wanted to do the carnivore diet but I think I will just eat healthier and lower carbs.

Good job you’re trying to stay on top of it...just keep it up and you won’t need supplements

Will have to play around to find what works properly..takes time but worth it!:)

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Those on the keto diet...When in a state of ketosis do you get a sweet taste in your mouth?

Sometimes. I dont know how to describe it, but there is definitely a different taste in my mouth.

You can buy test strips on amazon to test your urine for ketones.

20% is way too high for your carbs if you are trying to do true ketosis. You need to be more around 5%. You can increase your fats and protein to make up the difference. But just remember, calories in vs calories out is king.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I always felt the percentages and what someone is taking in was overthought. You have a minimum required amount of protein you need to build muscle; that's fixed. You have your total net calories you need; that's fixed. I personally don't think it matters if the remainder is fat or carbs but I will say you can eat a lot more carbs then fat to get to your total caloric intake.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
40c 40p 20f was my usual go to when I used to track. I’d even play with it and go 40,30,30 and be happy with the outcome. Gotta be in tune with your body and adjust here and there to find what works best for you.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
These days it’s about 60%P 20%C 20%F.

I don’t really crave carbs anymore. The hardest part in the beginning was learning how to find foods without them.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always felt the percentages and what someone is taking in was overthought. You have a minimum required amount of protein you need to build muscle; that's fixed. You have your total net calories you need; that's fixed. I personally don't think it matters if the remainder is fat or carbs but I will say you can eat a lot more carbs then fat to get to your total caloric intake.

lol..that’s why for me..regardless of the actual % amount..it’s always going to be protein # 1:)

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
These days it’s about 60%P 20%C 20%F.

I don’t really crave carbs anymore. The hardest part in the beginning was learning how to find foods without them.

yea, the carbs I think are the hardest for most but my belief is because the type of “food” it is...it’s attractive...but trust me...if you’re picking “The Original Flourless Low Glycemic Ezekiel 4:9” bread as pat of your carbs..you might give up carbs as there is no flavor or excitement LOL

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok...I'm curious...and maybe many don't even think about it or eat a certain way...but what do you crave/lean towards more?
Now, unless I'm on a given diet...this is how I choose to eat on a regular basis and % might not be 100% correctly guessed but you'll get what I mean:32 (20):

Protein - 80 %

Carbs - 15 %

Fat - 5 %

How are you able to poop???? Are you getting any fiber at all?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol....speaking of...stopped today and ordered the following...

Egg white and bacon only burrito...Protein..fat...carb....

She was so confused why I didn’t want cheese and hash brown...I explained and she said...great thinking...amazing eh!!!!!!

Reaction score
I’m at about 35/35/30. Not seeing much negative with it. Most of my fats come from the 7-10oz of steak I eat every night.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol....speaking of...stopped today and ordered the following...

Egg white and bacon only burrito...Protein..fat...carb....

She was so confused why I didn’t want cheese and hash brown...I explained and she said...great thinking...amazing eh!!!!!!

no full eggs..??

I purposely eat more fats n protein to offset my bad carbs. lol

i aim for 35/35/30 but dont follow it like a nut job. If i want something, i eat it......Just try to make up for it the next meal or two.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've not been tracking macro's ... but this year I started tracking calories on My Fitness Pall ... my issues is many days I don't eat my assigned calories ... long hours in the office and other distractions ... I also cut Dairy Queen Blizards out of the diet ... lol

It is interesting to see macro split so many different ways by people here all getting results.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I dont count anything ever. Eat tons to gain weight. Eat cleaner and less to lose it. Always have solid protein in every meal. Unless youre stepping on stage, I think most people are making this way too complicated

New Threads