Protein......Carbs......Fat

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok...I'm curious...and maybe many don't even think about it or eat a certain way...but what do you crave/lean towards more?
Now, unless I'm on a given diet...this is how I choose to eat on a regular basis and % might not be 100% correctly guessed but you'll get what I mean:32 (20):

Protein - 80 %

Carbs - 15 %

Fat - 5 %

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn Jenn that's impressive! No way I could eat those macros.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been eating pretty balanced lately. Not exact, but 1/3 protein, 1/3 carb, 1/3 fat.

I've leaned more towards a higher fat diet for the past couple of years....especially if I'm dieting. I find higher fat diets to be more satiating and help to decrease my appetite so as long as my total calories are in check I still lean out.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn Jenn that's impressive! No way I could eat those macros.

lol...I'm not sure why...but I love protein....meat...I gotta have meat..I love Indonesia food but all those types of food restaurants don't put enough meat in the dish!!!! LOL

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've been eating pretty balanced lately. Not exact, but 1/3 protein, 1/3 carb, 1/3 fat.

I've leaned more towards a higher fat diet for the past couple of years....especially if I'm dieting. I find higher fat diets to be more satiating and help to decrease my appetite so as long as my total calories are in check I still lean out.

I know. it's amazing how different our bodies are...I love this shit...maybe I should have gotten a degree in this stuff!!:)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol...I'm not sure why...but I love protein....meat...I gotta have meat..I love Indonesia food but all those types of food restaurants don't put enough meat in the dish!!!! LOL

I love meat too, but keeping the carbs & fat that low for a length of time. That would be painful for me...LOL

When I cut (drop fat Seek) I will set a calorie goal & shoot for 200g or more protein. It's usually 40-45 Protein, 40-45 carbs then fats make the rest.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love meat too, but keeping the carbs & fat that low for a length of time. That would be painful for me...LOL

When I cut (drop fat Seek) I will set a calorie goal & shoot for 200g or more protein. It's usually 40-45 Protein, 40-45 carbs then fats make the rest.

I guess I'm lucky about low carbs...doesn't bother me at all and the way our bodies are different..I keep fat really low due to how it affects me...

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
On keto my macros look like this:

Protein - 30%
Fats - 65%
Carbs - 5%

But on my regular conservative permabulk (vertical diet) they look like this:

Protein - 30%
Fats - 20%
Carbs - 50%

I actually shoot for 35% protein, but usually hit 30%.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
On keto my macros look like this:

Protein - 30%
Fats - 65%
Carbs - 5%

But on my regular conservative permabulk (vertical diet) they look like this:

Protein - 30%
Fats - 20%
Carbs - 50%

I actually shoot for 35% protein, but usually hit 30%.

I'd be a fatass with 65% fat!! LOL

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
IDK, if you didnt have any carbs, sugars or simple sugars you might be surprised.

Lol sugars aren’t even in my diet...besides sugar in real fruit..and berries and apples are all I eat :)

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I've been on a calorie deficit since January (2000ish) - dropped about 15lbs - macros were around 65% protein, 25% carbs and 10% fat..the last two weeks I switched to maintenance because I found myself snacking a lot during the day. I may just bump up food intake and throw in some extra cardio. I missed eating.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Lol sugars aren’t even in my diet...besides sugar in real fruit..and berries and apples are all I eat :)

Jen, out of all the different types of carbs/sugars, fructose can almost instantly take you out of ketosis... Thats probably why keto hasnt worked for you in the past. Unfortunately, to make the high fat work, you have to skip the fructose entirely and only take in a little bit of dextrose or sucrose. And the carbs have to be around 5% (or under 50 grams).

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Protein- 25%
Fats- 30%
Carbs-40%

That's all ball park but the protein never goes lower. I do love my carbs.

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
It floats, not that locked in. The donuts are a given bro.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I really don’t know on this one, I can say it’s mostly protein, I try to keep it fairly low carb except for after workouts.

Best guess would be like 70% protein, 20 fat and 10 carbs.....no freaking clue how close that is lol

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jen, out of all the different types of carbs/sugars, fructose can almost instantly take you out of ketosis... Thats probably why keto hasnt worked for you in the past. Unfortunately, to make the high fat work, you have to skip the fructose entirely and only take in a little bit of dextrose or sucrose. And the carbs have to be around 5% (or under 50 grams).

lol...never tried keto and never will dear..I’m lucky that I don’t have to do “actual” known food diets..I know my body so well..I know exactly what to eat to look the way I like:)

I haven’t even trained since December and I don’t even have extra fat or skin on my ab area...I’m lucky but I also take care of business cuz fat grosses me the fuuuck out lol

New Threads