Chest training advice

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Great work bro. Don't know what you mean by sweep but I'd go hard and heavy on incline presses first thing each chest day. Bring up those upper pecs. I wouldn't bust your ass to get to 10% until you pack on more muscle (if that's your goal). IMO stay where you are now and focus on gaining. I'm around 12% in my AV.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
And set your incline to 30 percent instead of 45 if possible. 45 is far too steep for real chest involvement

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Holy shtt guys, I wasn't expecting that. Thank you!

Yes POB, that's the last 7 months. I wish I had taken pics from when I started at 360.

Spongy, thank you man.

Viduus, that's a 25lb scale drop but it's also been a recomp of sorts.

Jin, thanks dude!
I actually have been doing incline benches as my main staple, but I wasn't sure if I was on the right path. Thanks for the confirmation.
I'm not really doing heavy anymore since I herniated cervical discs 6 months ago I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again.
Also, this may sound lame but I'm not trying to put on too much size except for bi's and tri's. A little is cool but I'm not trying to be big and bulky I'm going for lean and mean at this point, but I know what you mean so I will work on that.
So if you're at 12% in your avatar, I'm at ......14%? Not that I'm focused on that number I have a ways to go yet.

As per my low E thread, felt much better today and plan to get back in the gym in the morning. You guys have just reenergized me!
Thank you.

Ps any more advice is welcome, good or bad it's all good.

Last edited:

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
And set your incline to 30 percent instead of 45 if possible. 45 is far too steep for real chest involvement

Started doing that last chest workout because I was feeling too much in front delts, so I was probably too high.
Will make sure to keep a shallow incline.
Thanks.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
That is some amazing work there man, awesome job, keep that shit up.