Chest training advice

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Ok so as my bf drops I'm lacking in the chest area. I have separation in the middle and then slightly going underneath but I want to get that sculpted pec all the way around. I'm lacking underneath and around the sides.
Ghey pics below as examples.
Do I go more incline work, decline, cables...? What say ye?

Male Fitness Models - Gino Caccavale.jpg

Ryan-Hughes-Abs-1.jpg

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Couple guys on here that should know how to help:)

andy

Elite
Reaction score
I don't get the picture part. Why u posting some random athletes ?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Genetics. You can build more mass to add shape but you can't change the way the pec attaches to the body.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I would assume dips then your various presses/flys but it’s going to come down to BF% percentage in the end.

This is basically one of the areas I’m working on too. The lower my BF goes the more things sort of naturally head in that direction. I think our other concern would be loose skin that’ll take some time to tighten up.

edit: I’m assuming you meant the general definition and not a specific shape’ otherwise POBs answer applies.

Last edited:

andy

Elite
Reaction score
well... what you can to is drop the BF, add mass and size. but no re-shape. your insertions are where they are and you can't change it unless u decide to break the tendon and reatach the muscle. LOL

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
What is your chest work out currently?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Genetics. You can build more mass to add shape but you can't change the way the pec attaches to the body.

Okay, POB got up early today but this can not be overstated. My points of origin along my lower chest suck and therefore I don't get that good lower sweep. The old fix was to do declines and dips but this will change almost nothing.

A good example is the bicep. Long muscle bellies look good when the arm in hanging down but seldom have any peak. All the concentration curls in the world will not make a short tendon bicep peak.

Just work the mass and let the chip fall where they may. You should, as asked, put up a chest shot for better reference and help.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yep....but won’t diet show more ..meaning, how is it to see exactly how the area really looks if it’s covered by fat ...makes sense to me...lol

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Yep....but won’t diet show more ..meaning, how is it to see exactly how the area really looks if it’s covered by fat ...makes sense to me...lol
Makes sense to me also jenn, crazy how just losing a little fat reveals the hard muscle that was there all along.

Bizzybone

Reaction score
I for one have crappy chest genetic :(. I have asymmetric chest, like people mentioned earlier, genetics. Can't control the insertions of your pectorals.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Ok here are a few pics.

I said in another thread I was hesitant to post because there's nothing impressive to see, then I realized yes there is.
If you want full background you can check out my intro post but in a nutshell:

None of these pics show me at my heaviest when I was approx 360 lbs. 3 years ago. I used to be 230 ish but gained about 130 lbs due to diabetes, hypothyroidism and bad doctor advice.
Took me awhile to figure out on my own but I did and started to work on getting back 3 years ago. Ive lost 130 lbs WHILE being hypothyroid and having diabetes, so that's no small feat and def. proud of that, while also going from 28 - 30% bf to where im at now. You be the judge on %.
Im no where near done! This is ongoing for life and maybe in another 6 - 12 months i'll get to 10%. Consistency and perseverance are key.

In pic 1 that was 7 months ago in january or so and i cant remember but probably 275 ish.
Pic 2 was approx 6-7 weeks ago and about 260ish. I take terrible pics but you can see the veins in my arm coming out....you cant see the other veins but their there....
Pic 3 was a week or so ago and 250 lbs, though veins disappeared because my E2 dropped low, I assume.

Thoughts?
What should I work on to get the 'sweep'.
Thx

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great ****ing work man!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
That looks like much more then a 25 pound drop. That’s f’in awesome progress. Wish I had your natural size.

New Threads