Thanks

c4-c5 and c5-c6 herination * MRI RESULTS* ADVICE NEEDED*

im 27 year old male now I been experiencing new neck/shoulder blade/elbow issue for about 6-12 months. just now worked with a sport Chiro and tried 8 weeks off and only cardio to get it fixed.... no relief... can't do upper body it gives me a pulling shoulder blade issue going to the elbow with a stiff neck.... the ni ended up almost tripping and catching my step that left my right knee in pain which has gotten way better than 9 weeks ago but still have aches throughout day... and night.... talk about horrible horrible literally horrible luck.... I lost my whole shredded mass look and all. it really does suck

just got my MRI back.... today..... and it states....

FINDINGS: A reduced lordotic curvature is noted. No intramedullary bony lesions are present. The spinal cord is normal in caliber and signal intensity. There is no evidence of intraspinal or paraspinal masses, or spinal stenosis. The adjacent soft tissues are unremarkable in appearance.
    The craniocervical junction is intact.

The visualized posterior fossa structures, base of the skull, and C1/2 level are within normal limits.

At the C2/3 and C3/4 levels, the disk spaces are maintained. The disks are well hydrated with no evidence of herniation. The neuroforamina are patent
    At the C4/5 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated. A 1.5 mm disk herniation is seen with an annular fissure (sequence 102, image 6) encroaching on the anterior subarachnoid space and both neuroforamina. Mild anterior vertebral spurring is noted.

At the C5/6 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated. A 1 mm disk herniation is seen encroaching on the anterior subarachnoid space and both neuroforamina. Mild anterior vertebral spurring is noted.

At the C6/7 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated. Posterolateral bulging of the disk is seen to the right with foraminal encroachment.

At the C7/T1 level, the disk space is maintained. The disk is well hydrated with no evidence of herniation. The neuroforamina are patent.
    IMPRESSION:

DISK HERNIATION AT C4/5 AND C5/6 LEVELS. 2. DISK BULGE C6/7 LEVEL.

what should I do.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,454 Posts
    Have a consultation with a neurosurgeon. Going by what little info that you've given you are not a surgical candidate. They will probably recommend further conservative treatment and/or injections.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DF For This Useful Post:

stonetag (07-12-2018)

Thanks
    thanks DF! bro.... thing is I haven't been working out due to this issue other than cardio.... it sucks... I get that shoulder blade/elbow pain on all exercises... I can live with it but it sucks and can't go heavy due to a l5/s1 issue for past 4 years so im stuck in hole!

Thanks
    If you pop a silly amount of aspirin what does it do? (Like 4 every 4 hours)

If a nerve is getting inflamed from the hernia toon this *should* be temporarily relieved by the aspirin.

Also research any muscles that are near affected nerves and may be inflamed cause of the same symptoms. You should be able find a chart that shows the areas of the body affected by different nerves exciting between given discs. This will help you see if the areas you’re seeing symptoms in are served by the same nerve. Follow the path of the nerve and check the muscles/herniation.

I’ve had horrible issues in the same nerves caused by an L5/s1 herbiation then my periformis (sp?) muscle.
    “When you put your heart/soul and defecation into something so passionately it's hard not to” -Gibs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 821 Posts
    Deep needle or dry needle therapy. It is awesome.

They wanted to cut my back up as well. Search for PT's in your area that do it. Its a whole new ballgame.

Thanks
    Whatever you do dont fukking workout unless you want to make it worse and be in agony.

6 months I go I herniated 2 discs i forget if c4 c5 or c3 c4 but a 3rd was near herniation.
    WORST pain ive ever had at its peak. I say that because it started out as feeling like just a pulled muscle and over the course of 3 weeks had me almost passing out from the amount of pain. 2 weeks of not sleeping either.

See a neurologist. Also ICE packs many times per day will help bring down inflammation.

Good luck

Thanks
    I had a similar herniation, and a nerve impingement on my right side. I would wake up with pain shooting down my arm, because of neck position

Thanks
    I saw a chiro for awhile. They had me do a lot of neck stretching and chin tucks. They did try to keep me going for longer than i actuallt did (it is a business, i realize), but i just did their stretching on my own.

I did some neck traction with an inexpensive apparatus i purchased on Amazon, for like $30, which was much better than the $150 an hour treatments they said "I needed". I did it daily, and i think it really helped relieve disk compression and pressure on the nerves.

I completely stopped heavy deadlifts and neck exercises (like neck bridges). They may have been the culprit.

Be prepared for weakness due to nerve impingement. My right tricep atrophied and i couldn't flex my right pec very hard. I couldn't do a single bodyweight dip!

But after about a year, it got alot better. I gave up the 4 plate deads and neck bridges, but that's OK - my physique is better than ever.

Hang in there bro - time heals.

Thanks
    so don't workout at all????? damn..... nothing????? and I did Chiro sessions for 8 weeks (traction and adjustments) no improvement.

I do crack my neck all day and I know... I know... its not good... its such a bad habit to get away from pulling feeling but it just acts up more....

worst situation to be in at 27 .... like u trapped in a cell.... not many options to go by

Thanks
    My advice...either be patient and heal properly or rush through this and have a lifetime of issues.

Thanks
    got u bro.... so cardio is fine... thing is im a little gained weight over the process of injury time back and neck..... and I wanna lose the fat without looking to scrawny.... didn't expect a complete stop at working out tbh