Advice on 6 day ppl split

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
there are a few ways of doing this split. If you consider yourself an intermediate lifter ( I know you just stated you've been lifting since 12) but just in case you feel you're still in the center, I would suggest 3 days on, 1 off. If you feel that you're advanced enough you can do 6 days on, 1 off. I've actually done it both ways in the past. you can also do heavy, moderate, and light on every work out instead of splitting up the intensity and volume on different days. You start the workout heavy with compound lifts, go from there to moderate exercises, to lighter exercises to finish. One must get creative over time in order to stay interested and consistent, but also continue to progress.

thanks Seek, the only issue I have with going 6 straight is my work schedule. It’s a bitch waking up Saturday afternoon after working Friday night with enough time to get to the gym and be ready for work again that night. If I didn’t have to drive an hour to get there it would be different.

im probably going to experiment around. I did this week going heavy 3 days and moderate with higher reps the rest. But your approach also sounds like something I may like too. I’ll figure it out eventually lol.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Your idea sounds good E. The 3 on 1 off, like seek said wouldn't be a bad idea if it worked better in your schedule, or if your body just needed it.

That's the biggest thing i've found with doing something similar to what you're talking about, is just how my body responds and recovers.

I am on cycle, and that bitch of a wall still shows up at times.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Your idea sounds good E. The 3 on 1 off, like seek said wouldn't be a bad idea if it worked better in your schedule, or if your body just needed it.

That's the biggest thing i've found with doing something similar to what you're talking about, is just how my body responds and recovers.

I am on cycle, and that bitch of a wall still shows up at times.

My issue with any routine i run is its so damn hard to get anything in on the weekends, so if i did 3 on 1 off, it would turn into 3 on 1 off 1 on 2 off LOL. What i was thinking id probably do is go 5 on 2 off and then just have day 6 the next day im in the gym and go from there. That way im still hitting things twice a week and dont end up with 3 days off.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
My issue with any routine i run is its so damn hard to get anything in on the weekends, so if i did 3 on 1 off, it would turn into 3 on 1 off 1 on 2 off LOL. What i was thinking id probably do is go 5 on 2 off and then just have day 6 the next day im in the gym and go from there. That way im still hitting things twice a week and dont end up with 3 days off.

Oh i got ya. Yeah that would make the most sense then, if you could handle the 5 on 2 off. Unless you wanted to do 3 on 1 off. Then, on day 5 do a full body workout, and have the other 2 days to recover.

Depending on your goals of course

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I’m thinking days 1-5 Monday-Friday, off sat and sun, day 6 the following Monday and start over on day 1 Tuesday.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Did you look at the link zilla posted? The push pull hybrid looks interesting for a 5 split. Either way, best of luck and you'll find whats best for you by trial and error over the next few months

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Did you look at the link zilla posted? The push pull hybrid looks interesting for a 5 split. Either way, best of luck and you'll find whats best for you by trial and error over the next few months

I just looked at that link, sending him a PM LOL

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I think when I get back I’m going to give that ppl hybrid with the day 4,5 as upper lower a try.
Right now my set up is 3 movements per muscle group, think of keeping that the same for this too.

Also think i may give Seeks approach a go, start heavy and ease the load for each excercise after, and just do that each of the five days. I’ll work on it and post up what I come up with.

New Threads