The Old Man's Journey to the Stage

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I think he must be cutting down. I am 220 and my meals are similar, just more. I have 1 1/2 cups rice per meal, and my meats are all 7oz.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Post workout shake is immediate with a meal following 45-60 minutes later - yeah, I questioned carb intake as well. I am trusting my coach on this diet and cycle since he has brought a few people to the national level. A lot of this goes against some of my traditional thinking when it comes to cycling, bodybuilding and nutrition but one thing you need to keep in mind that is that I am 48 years old. My body responds to carbs differently than when I was 25, 35 or even a few years ago when I was 45. I am also keeping a close eye on my kidney function with the gear and the amount of protein. In the final analysis, I just have to trust my coach.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Day 6 of cutting. Down 12 pounds. I have a little bit of stamina in the gym but not much, could also be attributed to adding 20 minutes of steady state cardio before my workout (I have not done cardio in YEARS). I can visually see the fat loss and have not lost any inches except in my waist - where I tend to carry most of my fat - love handles are dwindling away.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
My thoughts one week in... sticking to the diet has been easy. Seeing my weight go down on the scale - even though that is the goal - has been tough on my psychologically. I am one of those legitimate hard gainers. It took me 31 years to go from 115 pounds to 252 pounds. I fought for every pound I put on... lots of sweat & tears, injuries, age. Other than TRT starting at age 31, I never touched gear until I was 43. It took 5 full years of carefully planned cycles to get to 252 pounds. Yes, I fully understand in my brain that cutting for a show is all about losing weight and I love the fact that I am leaning out but dang, losing weight - even fat - is tougher on my psyche than I realized. Weighed in at 237 this morning. I probably need to step away from the scale for a bit and go by how I look.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Post workout shake is immediate with a meal following 45-60 minutes later - yeah, I questioned carb intake as well. I am trusting my coach on this diet and cycle since he has brought a few people to the national level. A lot of this goes against some of my traditional thinking when it comes to cycling, bodybuilding and nutrition but one thing you need to keep in mind that is that I am 48 years old. My body responds to carbs differently than when I was 25, 35 or even a few years ago when I was 45. I am also keeping a close eye on my kidney function with the gear and the amount of protein. In the final analysis, I just have to trust my coach.

I only questioned it, because like you said, it goes against everything I've read also.

Your points make sense.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
I am usually pretty prepared but had some good friends that I haven't seen in while come into town last night and they wanted to go out to dinner. We went to Texas Roadhouse. I was pretty proud of myself since I only ate meat and had a few bites of a sweet potato. Drank water instead of a beer. Yup, thought I did good... until I got home and googled my prime rib. 1180 calories in my prime rib with 94 grams of fat!!!! At least my carbs were extremely low. However, I had been eating super clean and on point with my diet for the last 11 days until last night. I felt super bloated and still feel bloated this morning. This little mix up has me even more determined to be even more prepared. Got a 6-pack bag and no more dinners out until November 4th.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Awesome man, looking forward to following your progress! Keep up the hard work bro.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stay focused bro! Can't wait to see where you end up.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Yesterday marked 2 weeks into my cut. I weighed in at 233 pounds. Strength is mostly still there but the stamina is gone.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Been stuck at 230 pounds for about 5 days. Coach added in 15 minutes on the stairmaster after each workout a few days ago. Whomever invented that dang thing should be shot... I've done very minimal cardio my whole life up until this cut because I was always trying to gain weight so the first time I did the Stairmaster was a freaking brutal shock to my body! We also started the Tren and Mast earlier than planned. My workouts have changed quite a bit. Instead of doing 1 bodypart at a time/day, now starting to dropset and superset multiple bodyparts since we have a better idea where I am lacking now that the fat is coming off. Physically, I can't lift as heavy but my stamina is coming back. Emotionally, I am in a really good place. Seeing my body change like this is pretty cool.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Nice dude. Hahaha... stairmaster kickin that ass huh?

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Nice dude. Hahaha... stairmaster kickin that ass huh?
You have no idea... :beaten: but it also motivates me. When I can't do something or it is really difficult, it pisses me off and drives me. Plus, now I'm on Tren. I'm always super happy and in a good mood when I'm "trenning".

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Hell yeah man that’s the attitude to have. It’s taken me a long way as well. It’s a must have attitude for anyone who wants to really succeed in something.

New Threads