NNP and tendons

Oblivious

Reaction score
SO i was thinking of adding NNP and maybe anavar to my 500mg weekly test.
not that I want more results its the problem with tendons and joints.
So I was reading on how NNp, deca increase college synthesis while winnie increase tendon size but makes them brittle
from 4 weeks ago my 185 bench 6 X 5 now its 225 at 4 X 5
both not spotted, my strength is going up way past my tendons, my left should already go inflamed and my left elbow joint went the same thing but now is healed.
Do you guys think increase collegen synthesis on NNP could help healing or injury prevention ?
also to add, I recently bought a belt, elbow and shoulder support for my shoulder that already heal
any other methods are welcome.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Lift smarter...finish this cycle then add other compounds later on your next ...just my .02

edit-youre like 19 right?...what tendon issues are you experiencing actually?....and before gear you bench 185?. and now 225...think about that jump...imo dont be in such a hurry to put up big numbers..what is your weight right now?

Last edited:

Oblivious

Reaction score
Lift smarter...finish this cycle then add other compounds later on your next ...just my .02

edit-youre like 19 right?...what tendon issues are you experiencing actually?....and before gear you bench 185?. and now 225...think about that jump...imo dont be in such a hurry to put up big numbers..what is your weight right now?
My shoulder isnt injured from gear, I hurt it while i had bad form in swimming coupled with around 800 to 1400 yards a day of swimming a couple years back and every time I stress it a bit it start back up again, now its healed because i gave myself 3 days off for the weekend so it can heal and it did. This time im coming back with shoulder support
Im 210, would say give or take 2% right about 17% body fat
and as for the numbers, Im really not going for prs everytime I go, im just looking to evolve my lifting. not the kinda guy to bring up my bench whenever i can, I dont care about numbers aside from the fact that i know im getting stronger and that numbers mean hypnotically better results in terms of mass

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
To be clear, you're talking about NPP, right?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You really don't need AAS to be benching 225 for a few reps at 210 lbs. Okay, got that off my chest so on to your problem.

There's something you're doing wrong if at your age you are having those problems. And trust me, NPP will not fix what you are doing wrong. My guess without seeing your program is over use. Could you put up your program?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
You really don't need AAS to be benching 225 for a few reps at 210 lbs. Okay, got that off my chest so on to your problem.

There's something you're doing wrong if at your age you are having those problems. And trust me, NPP will not fix what you are doing wrong. My guess without seeing your program is over use. Could you put up your program?

Exactly. Or elbows are flared out instead of him using his lats and keeping the elbows more medial to the body...

Oblivious

Reaction score

I was around 196 before i started the cycle 4 weeks ago...

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I was around 196 before i started the cycle 4 weeks ago...

I was actually trying to help you but I think you got offended. Considering you put on 14 lbs in 4 weeks; something that I have never done, maybe it is I who needs your help.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the Test/Var cycle. One of my faves but I agree with the others - finish out this cycle first. You have made really big strength gains and you need time to allow your body to adapt to the changes.

The bottom line is you have made GREAT gains in weight and strength in just 4 weeks. Allow your body time to adjust.

Here is the million dollar question: Do you have your PCT in hand, all ready to go?
Personal question: if you are not going pro, why cycle at such a young age when your body hasn't even hit it's natural production high?

Oblivious

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of the Test/Var cycle. One of my faves but I agree with the others - finish out this cycle first. You have made really big strength gains and you need time to allow your body to adapt to the changes.

The bottom line is you have made GREAT gains in weight and strength in just 4 weeks. Allow your body time to adjust.

Here is the million dollar question: Do you have your PCT in hand, all ready to go?
Personal question: if you are not going pro, why cycle at such a young age when your body hasn't even hit it's natural production high?
Pct is on hand and yes I have been trying to keep my weights low but I just found myself doing more and more without thinking
I might go pro depending on how good my genetics are, I'll see after this cycle I'm guessing
Also j just want to do it, it feels great and it seems like something I will always enjoy
I was actually trying to help you but I think you got offended. Considering you put on 14 lbs in 4 weeks; something that I have never done, maybe it is I who needs your help.

I'm not offended, and since its test i know a solid chunk of it is water and it shows, I was just trying to make myself clear thats all, I'm just trying to get help not to pick fight
Also weight and strength are not always closely correlated, I've seen guys who dwarf my size who cant outlift me
And I've seen guys that weight 134 at 5"7 that outlift me

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
For future reference, the therapeutic dose of Deca (or NPP) to address the joint issues is 200mg/week. It's such a low dose that it will not have any affect on strength or weight gain, maybe slight water gain but highly unlikely. Understand that therapeutic dose means the dosage a physician would prescribe to address an issue, not the cycle dosage. Although I don't believe Deca or NPP is available here in the States as a prescription, I was lucky enough to have a personal physician who was also a bodybuilder and understands hormones/steroids to guide me.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
P
I might go pro depending on how good my genetics are, I'll see after this cycle I'm guessing

I see your reps are quite low. Have you tried going a lighter weight with increased reps to address your joint/tendon issue? Plus, in MY opinion, with gear, higher reps tends to put on more mass than lower reps. That is just my personal experience, other's opinions and experience may vary. If you're goal is to go pro, it's all about mass at this point, right?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not offended, and since its test i know a solid chunk of it is water and it shows, I was just trying to make myself clear thats all, I'm just trying to get help not to pick fight
Also weight and strength are not always closely correlated, I've seen guys who dwarf my size who cant outlift me
And I've seen guys that weight 134 at 5"7 that outlift me

Well my offer still stands. I would recommend putting up your workout. Youth provides you with the ability to make some mistakes that would otherwise cost you greatly as you get older and the gym weights go up. I would like to see you get on the right track now before this becomes a real problem.

Oblivious

Reaction score
Well my offer still stands. I would recommend putting up your workout. Youth provides you with the ability to make some mistakes that would otherwise cost you greatly as you get older and the gym weights go up. I would like to see you get on the right track now before this becomes a real problem.

The only thing I have written down is my weekly split which I make sure I train each body part twice and have one day of rest
So chest and triceps
Back and biceps
Legs and shoulders
Rinse and repeat
It seems to be working out ok so far
As for the excesersizes indidnt know all of them but I average about 4 per body part

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
The only thing I have written down is my weekly split which I make sure I train each body part twice and have one day of rest
So chest and triceps
Back and biceps
Legs and shoulders
Rinse and repeat
It seems to be working out ok so far
As for the excesersizes indidnt know all of them but I average about 4 per body part

I'm seeing this:

chest and triceps (shoulders)
Back and biceps (shoulders)
Legs and shoulders (shoulders)

Rinse and repeat= shoulders 6x/wk.

Last edited:

Oblivious

Reaction score
I'm seeing this:

chest and triceps (shoulders)
Back and biceps (shoulders)
Legs and shoulders (shoulders)

Rinse and repeat= shoulders 6x/wk.

So what do you suggest I do?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
So what do you suggest I do?

Truthfully if it was me I'd take a week off but I don't think you'll do that. I'm not sure of exactly what your injury is so I'm going a little generic on this but lets avoid anything that even remotely bothers it. Cut out all direct shoulder work for now and let that baby heal up. I also recommend hitting one body part a week for now. Get your reps ups and do not do anything under 12 reps. I know how this sounds but I can tell you from experience, you do not need to hit each body part twice a week to grow and lift big numbers; trust me.

Get that shoulder back to 100% and then give it another week once you think it's there. This is only a bump in the road if you did not completely rupture something.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Once a week is (to me) the only way to go. I can guarantee that the vast majority of high level bodybuilders do this and this alone. Muscle (and especially tendon) takes longer to recover than most people think.

New Threads