Cheat Week

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If anyone has ever been curious about the effects of a cheat week......

Prior to cheat week:
~2,500 calories/day
Weight 204-207

Cheat week:
Avg 5,000 calories/day
Weight 213-215

Didn't change the types of foods I ate (with the exception of egg rolls one night), but greatly increased the quantity of regular food (eggs, chicken, protein bars, etc.)

Thought I'd at least feel strong as hell in the gym, but felt about a crappy as I look. Holding water and constantly bloated. Not going to lie. I enjoyed having a full plate, but feeling and looking this crapy wasn't worth it.

Actions have consequences. Going back to plan and will post an update next week.

cheat week.jpg

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Damn. 5k is a lot though:)

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Curious how fast you clear it.

My digestion gets backed up and I feel like I have 10 pounds of food in the plumbing. That and the extra water makes me feel like crap.

Spongy’s plan had me feeling like a well oiled machine for the first time in decades. Hard to give that up now.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a cheat weekend this weekend starting Friday night. Up 8 lbs. Will probably be down 11lbs by friday since it's mostly water

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Curious how fast you clear it.

My digestion gets backed up and I feel like I have 10 pounds of food in the plumbing. That and the extra water makes me feel like crap.

Spongy’s plan had me feeling like a well oiled machine for the first time in decades. Hard to give that up now.

Yeah, it's amazing how sensitive you become to "bad" eating after you've started eating well. Not that I'm crazy about looking bad, but it's worse feeling bad. I don't know how the average person walks around feeling like this.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You got fat and bloated because of toxins tho. Not from the calories. Don't believe the lies. You need to detox with a juice cleanse, urine therapy and a coffee enema because of inflammationz.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I had a wheat grass smoothie at 7 and diarrhea at 8 so I'm on the right track.

Last edited:

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Do a cheat day; it's 4 days a month.

5,000 cal is a lot of food and I'm not sure I could do that on my normal macro ratio.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I just finished my cheat week while on vacation, i feel like shit and am up 8 pounds from my low. Last night got back to my "good" eating. Felt like one of those fat people eating a bunch of shitty food and crying while they ate it but just kept stuffing it in all week....was great LOL

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just finished my cheat week while on vacation, i feel like shit and am up 8 pounds from my low. Last night got back to my "good" eating. Felt like one of those fat people eating a bunch of shitty food and crying while they ate it but just kept stuffing it in all week....was great LOL

Let's just tell ourselves it's water:)

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Been in CO for the last four days eating total garbage and going to every brewery in the state. Somehow lost three lbs. You guys need to drink more beer.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ill go crazy doing a cheat week, i usually do 1 meal out the week

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, it's amazing how sensitive you become to "bad" eating after you've started eating well. Not that I'm crazy about looking bad, but it's worse feeling bad. I don't know how the average person walks around feeling like this.

The average person isn't aware of this shitty feeling because they have not experienced the other side.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I decided to give myself 2 "cheat" days a week where I have a caloric surplus, and high carbs. I do those 2 days on squat and deadlift days. I feel good about it. I am providing the caloric excess that my body needs to grow, but not long enough or often enough to get bloated, get digestive issues, and store fat.

New Threads