Protein powders

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is actually old news, but some of you may not be aware of "Amino or protein spiking" so I'm posting a couple of informative links so no one gets scammed when they buy protein powder.
I've used protein powders for decades in between meals and is the number one supplement in my opinion.
You also need to be aware of the differences in protein quality and types so you are sure that you are getting the best value for your money.
NUTRA BIO appears to be a really straight up company, I like them. I've used some of their products but have not found their whey protien where I shop unfortunately
The number one whey protein isolate that I've found is ISOFLEX by Allmax. Rated at 90% protein, but also it's the most expensive.

Watch "NutraBio CEO calls out Jim Stoppani for false protein claims" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/11M_aQvOuX4

Watch "Whey Protein SCAM Exposed | Mark Glazier of NutraBio Explains" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/PQva9KoU-Q8

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
MyProtein is ranked number 2 by labdoor. Very tasty and fantastic price. It's not fancy but it's what I recommend my clients use and I use either MyProtein or At Large Nutrition

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
With as many outfits there are out there making protein powders, you know a large percentage of them are pure bullshit, and only a handful being the real deal.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
What do you think of Beverly Internationals protein? I personally love it.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you think of Beverly Internationals protein? I personally love it.

I remember that they used to have a very good reputation but I haven't seen them in years so I cant say. But if you watched the videos on both of the links that I posted you should be able to tell by looking at the label.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
With as many outfits there are out there making protein powders, you know a large percentage of them are pure bullshit, and only a handful being the real deal.

That's why I posted the videos, so everyone will know how to differentiate the BS protein companies from to good ones.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I use myprotein everything even belts and straps. One stop shop for everything you could ever need

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
This may be the second time that Spongy has mentioned labdoor, or maybe we were just discussing myprotein...don’t remember but you should check out the site for product verifications on all kinds of things.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Just drink your egg whites.

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve used the MuscleFeast Grass Fed Whey Isolate for quite a while now and I like it better than anything else I’ve used. I’ve also used Nutrabio and Myprotein and both are fine products.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve used the MuscleFeast Grass Fed Whey Isolate for quite a while now and I like it better than anything else I’ve used. I’ve also used Nutrabio and Myprotein and both are fine products.

I think Muscle Feast Grass Fed Whey Isolate holds the top spot right now, but the price per serving is a bit high IMO. Great product though.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just drink your egg whites.
I do this as well, but the protein from egg whites reacts differently than whey or other milk based proteins. It comes down to goals, timing, and availability.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
anyone see gnc prices for protien these days ..god damn!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
anyone see gnc prices for protien these days ..god damn!

Fuucking GNC prices on about everything is just nuts. Havent stepped foot in one of those places in years

Like 70$ for test booster that doesnt work, rip off joint

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
Gold Standard Whey. Inexpensive and its only a supplement to my diet.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread that I posted a couple of years ago so the new members are aware when they chose a protein powder. The guys that know me here know that I am a huge advocate of using protein powders as a supplement in between meal. There are some awesome brands out there but unfortunately there are more BS rip off products. So watch the two video links and you'll learn how to read the labels and avoid getting scared and wasting your money on the crap low grade protein powders.

Last edited:

DOOM

Reaction score
ON performance whey ISOLATE is top notch! 100% of protein derived from whey isolate, 30g of protein per serving.
1g fat,1g sugar.

It’s always on sale and you can pick up 13.5 pounds for $95. I am not a fan of myoprotien because it taste like chalk!

Grass fed protein is a overpriced scam!

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
On performance is one of the most popular top brands, although a few years ago they were one of the companies that we found to be protein spiking. I lost confidence with them. They may have cleaned up their act and are flying straight now, I would imagine so after that.
Watch the two video links that I posted and you will have a clear understanding of what to look for on the labels.

DOOM

Reaction score
On performance is one of the most popular top brands, although a few years ago they were one of the companies that we found to be protein spiking. I lost confidence with them. They may have cleaned up their act and are flying straight now, I would imagine so after that.
Watch the two video links that I posted and you will have a clear understanding of what to look for on the labels.
They’re performance whey and whey isolate are different. I’ve seen those videos years ago. I’m on nutrabio mailing list. I’ve used there isolate many times. It’s just rarely on sale and it’s normally $79’for 5lbs.