Slowly increase dosage of T3?

Is T3 safe to start at 100 mcgs per day?

• Total voters

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
Is there a logical or scientific reason to slowly increase T3 levels, what harm would it do to just start with a 100mcgs per day and slowly come down according to blood work?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about this...will be interesting to see whats said!!!!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes and no

Before I go on I must say I am not an expert on thyroid. But i have done my own reading and use and have a good idea of how t3 works.

For starters you want to start low (25mcg) and work up to assess tolerance and determine what is the max dose you need to do the job.

Allowing your levels to swing wildly results in side effects ranging from body temp fluctuations to generally feeling like dog shit to hypo/hyperthyroid.

I gotta say that t3 is probably the WORST chemical method of fat loss out of the usual suspects. I would rather my teeth chatter and heart explode from clenbuterol that take t3 again. Shit will rip thru tissues without discriminating. You could lose quite a bit of muscle.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes and no

Before I go on I must say I am not an expert on thyroid. But i have done my own reading and use and have a good idea of how t3 works.

For starters you want to start low (25mcg) and work up to assess tolerance and determine what is the max dose you need to do the job.

Allowing your levels to swing wildly results in side effects ranging from body temp fluctuations to generally feeling like dog shit to hypo/hyperthyroid.

I gotta say that t3 is probably the WORST chemical method of fat loss out of the usual suspects. I would rather my teeth chatter and heart explode from clenbuterol that take t3 again. Shit will rip thru tissues without discriminating. You could lose quite a bit of muscle.
That's a fair assessment along with sage advice and not something I would play with again. As a quick disclaimer, I recently found out I have Hashimoto's disease. Quick google search will tell you all you need to know.

I used T3 in the past, had worked up to using 80mcg's daily. I was planning a month long run of it to cut down a few pounds and in the middle of all that I had decided to kick off a cycle. Took my last dose of T3 on Saturday and pinned on Sunday morning. Sunday just after lunch we had to make a grocery run and I started feeling jittery.....like more than some caffeine jittery, I thought I was going to explode. 8 terrifying and grueling hours later it finally calmed down with my thyroid swollen visibly in my neck with all the anxiety that comes along with it. Not many people have ever had this type of reaction but I know what happened to me, I'll never try it again.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
That's a fair assessment along with sage advice and not something I would play with again. As a quick disclaimer, I recently found out I have Hashimoto's disease. Quick google search will tell you all you need to know.

I used T3 in the past, had worked up to using 80mcg's daily. I was planning a month long run of it to cut down a few pounds and in the middle of all that I had decided to kick off a cycle. Took my last dose of T3 on Saturday and pinned on Sunday morning. Sunday just after lunch we had to make a grocery run and I started feeling jittery.....like more than some caffeine jittery, I thought I was going to explode. 8 terrifying and grueling hours later it finally calmed down with my thyroid swollen visibly in my neck with all the anxiety that comes along with it. Not many people have ever had this type of reaction but I know what happened to me, I'll never try it again.

Thanks for the response HWC but I'm a little confused. Wouldn't that mean that you have a underactive thyroid and isn't Hashimoto's disease treated with T3?

I have an underactive thyroid and that's the only reason I'm considering taking it.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

You working with a good Endo on this?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response HWC but I'm a little confused. Wouldn't that mean that you have a underactive thyroid and isn't Hashimoto's disease treated with T3?

I have an underactive thyroid and that's the only reason I'm considering taking it.

Hashimoto starts out hyperthyroid as it leaks hormones. Then over time you wind up hypothyroid.

If you have an underactive thyroid meaning clinically hypo then let the doctor manage this.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You working with a good Endo on this?

Yes sir, just switched over to nature-throid, T3 derived from dead pigs. I personally think the Levothyroxine had a bigger punch to it.

Hashimoto starts out hyperthyroid as it leaks hormones. Then over time you wind up hypothyroid.

If you have an underactive thyroid meaning clinically hypo then let the doctor manage this.
Great way to tell on this are watching your TSH over time along with thyroid specific antibodies. Took me a long time to figure out wtf was wrong with me. I'm in the hypo stage now, hoping it doesn't get to a point where it progresses to thyroid removal.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

That is correct. At the time I was unaware of my condition and was not on T3 of any sort from the doc. Mismanaging and abusing T3 on my own actually led me to find out what my problem was.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score

Okay, thanks for clearing that up POB!

My TSH was at 4.810 from my understanding that is more than double of the optimal range. From what I've been reading I should be at .5 or 2.5 average range and 1.0 or 2.0 optimal range.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
That is correct. At the time I was unaware of my condition and was not on T3 of any sort from the doc. Mismanaging and abusing T3 on my own actually led me to find out what my problem was.

I have a gram of T3 in the freezer I'm planning on brewing up and treating myself with. Thanks for the insight, I'll just take it slow to be on the safe side then.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a gram of T3 in the freezer I'm planning on brewing up and treating myself with. Thanks for the insight, I'll just take it slow to be on the safe side then.

LMFAO that's like a lifetime supply brother

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
Oh shoot just realized its poll not pole

wanted to get one in the a

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Do you not have health insurance? I wouldn't self medicate for thyroid issues. Go to a doctor. T3 is dirt cheap from a pharmacy.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
If you have a legit thyroid problem go see a doctor. Taking some of this stuff for weight loss or this or that is one thing, trying to manage an actual medical condition with medications is just plain reckless. Its not like you got a rash and are trying different stuff to clear it up.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
Do you not have health insurance? I wouldn't self medicate for thyroid issues. Go to a doctor. T3 is dirt cheap from a pharmacy.

There's many reasons why I'm not doing that, just to name a few. My health insurance sucks, Doctor around here is a total moron, any other doctor is 1 hour away, I don't want to argue about which drug to prescribe and what dosage or have anyone having any say over my body other than me, don't know how much a prescription would be but no way it's cheaper than the powder I already got.

I will still go to that doctor's office to get my blood test done and will take HWC and POB advice to increase the dosage slowly and will probably go every week or two for blood test until I find my sweet spot.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
I am hypothyroid, I'll kick in a few notes.

First, you need all the tests to determine what is going on.
Tsh
Free t3
Free T4
Reverse t3
Tpo antibodies
Anti thyroglobulin

It's probably been 10 months or so since I found out and started meds.
Things can work at first and then stop. Also, do not eat for an hour before or after taking the meds.
Also, do not consume within 4 hours before or after anything containing iron,vitamin c, calcium or magnesium.

I learned that the hard way and started to feel real shiity day by day getting worse until I figured out some of those things I was taking. They block the absorbtion of thyroid meds.
I also started with nature thyroid, then np throid which are natural dessicated thyroid containing g both t3 and t4. After feeling a little better and then regressing we changed doses a couple times, nothing helped.
Through my own research and education I suggested to my dr he write me for t3 only (cytomel) and wham bam thank you mamm.....feeling much much better, we'll at least I was until I tanked my E2, lol.

Point is there are many factors involved and what works for one doesn't work for another .
Tsh is misleading. You can have a perfect tsh but feel like shtt. Chek reverse t3. If it's high it means your t4 is not converting to t3 and you'll be tired and lethargic.

There's some good thyroid forums out there, check them out.
Make sure you get all the tests run, plus iron, feritin, TIBC and uibc...they go hand in hand with thyroid issues.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
There's many reasons why I'm not doing that, just to name a few. My health insurance sucks, Doctor around here is a total moron, any other doctor is 1 hour away, I don't want to argue about which drug to prescribe and what dosage or have anyone having any say over my body other than me, don't know how much a prescription would be but no way it's cheaper than the powder I already got.

I will still go to that doctor's office to get my blood test done and will take HWC and POB advice to increase the dosage slowly and will probably go every week or two for blood test until I find my sweet spot.

Good luck, be damn careful. Thyroid is nothing to mess around with.

New Threads