Liver protection

Reaction score
Hi guys.

When it comes to an Oral steroid and liver protection. Has anyone heard of Liv. 52? I have just got it it’s big in UK and I also have milk thistle.

My question is How much of the LIV 52 / Milk thistle shall I take.

Also When is best to take them? All at once or spaced out individually ? (like I do with the oral 4x a day).

Thanks!

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Have you already started taking these drugs without having everything you need on hand...cuz thats what we preach not to do around here...also i think alot of guys take tudca for liver protection.

No offense my dude but you should do a ton more research before you start messing with your hormones.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
NAC and tudca may be better than what you've got. People belittle milk thistle..... I guess it doesn't work? Donno. I've had liver values lowered with tudca. Verified via blood tests.

Reaction score
Nah man I’ve got everything but I just don’t know if my dosage is correct in terms of timings etc ..

ive been taking 1 serving of LIV 52. Every morning and then the milk thistle at night but just unsure whether I should take one tablet every time I take an oral steroid ... or if all my liver protection at once is fine .

What do do you think?

Thanks for reply.

Reaction score
I have just heard milk thistle on its own isn’t too good but when used with stuff like TUDCA and LIV 52. It is better... I’m not sure though there’s a lot of confusion around it.

I’ll get myself some NAC.

shall I just take it all in one go? Or split it up with my dosage of orals every 4-5 hours?

Thanks.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I have just heard milk thistle on its own isn’t too good but when used with stuff like TUDCA and LIV 52. It is better... I’m not sure though there’s a lot of confusion around it.

I’ll get myself some NAC.

shall I just take it all in one go? Or split it up with my dosage of orals every 4-5 hours?

Thanks.

I doubt there is hard data to support one method over the other. Just take it all in one dose daily IMO.

boxing45

Reaction score
Milk thistle down regulates your AR making your gear less effective and doesn’t really do a whole lot as far as liver protection. NAC, TUDCA, and prunella vulgaris are all better options. Also drinking a shitload of water and black coffee helps too.

boxing45

Reaction score
Typical juicer mentality: more is better :32 (19):

Yeah actually no I got that protocol from the guerrilla chemist, and also John meadows does the same. But hey whatever you say my friend.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Yeah actually no I got that protocol from the guerrilla chemist, and also John meadows does the same. But hey whatever you say my friend.

Think I don't have that mentality too :32 (17): ?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Cardio has been proven in many many studies to be incredibly protective to the liver.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lots of water. lots

TUCDA
Liver 52
NAC

New Threads