Anyone use chains for dips?

jbeard82

Reaction score
Used them for the first time the other day. I liked it a lot. I have no idea how much the weighed though. So I guess my next question is where can I buy some?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's a 3/8 chain and each link weighs about a pound.

Honestly using chains for dips instead of plates just makes you look like you are trying to hard to be hardcore.

Chains have their place in lifting. Dips isn't one of them.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I agree with pillar. Guys who use chains around their neck for dips look like toolbags trying to look cool. Get a dip belt instead.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
im just happy i can finally get my ass up and down by itself doing dips let alone adding weight. but i do agree, get a belt, the chains around the neck look dbag as hell.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol no lie, I once saw a group of dudes using chains while doing incline bench. Chains never touched the floor. Lol I just shook my head. Weighted dips is a great exercise, but yeah use a belt that hooks to plates. I've even done them with a dumbbell between my ankles.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
1.Get a cutting torch and hang around a shipping port.
2.Get busted, spend jail time.
3.Get out of jail, buy weight belt.

Reactions: Jin

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
My favorite sighting in the gym other than tits and ass is the d-bags wearing those oxygen deprivation masks. They look like ww2 pilots and the science behind them is completely bunk. I guess they think they look hard core but they really just look like retards

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
My favorite sighting in the gym other than tits and ass is the d-bags wearing those oxygen deprivation masks. They look like ww2 pilots and the science behind them is completely bunk. I guess they think they look hard core but they really just look like retards

Unnecessary. If they want less oxygen to utilize They should just smoke like everybody else.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I have to admit I use chains for dips at work but that’s only because it’s all I got. I built the gym myself, squat/bench rack and pull up/ dipping bars. Have an Olympic bar and a total of 120kg weight and a bench only things that we bought. So yes when I dip I have 2 chains I don’t even know the weight of them I use them for dips and also add them onto my bench and squats for extra weight

Reaction score
Definitely buy a chain belt. Totally worth it because you can also use for weighted pull ups. Just be careful and use a slow and controlled motion if you go heavy of dips because it can be rough on your shoulders

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Definitely buy a chain belt. Totally worth it because you can also use for weighted pull ups. Just be careful and use a slow and controlled motion if you go heavy of dips because it can be rough on your shoulders

I have torn a pec doing weighted dips with a weight I could rep 10 times.

Slow and controlled indeed; the way to go.

New Threads