Anyone on here not using any supplements at all?

jbeard82

Reaction score
Me and some friends have pretty much stopped using any supplements whatsoever. Even protein. We’re making strides without any of that shit and saving money too. Anyone else do the same?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Ill use protein shakes usually once a day. EC as a pre workout. other than that, no. 95% of that stuff is worthless.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have said it plenty. Around the same time I stopped filling my stomach with caps tabs and drinks and began filling it with food is when I started to really grow.

But then once I added some of them back in after learning how to eat is when it got really good.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Me and some friends have pretty much stopped using any supplements whatsoever. Even protein. We’re making strides without any of that shit and saving money too. Anyone else do the same?

I’ve gone more and more minimalistic. Spongy’s diet got my off protein drinks.. (sometimes I’ll have one because I miss the flavor)

Conversations with Zilla has made me think about other things from a deficit standpoint instead of a marketing hype point of view. I.E. I have a measurable vitamin D deficit so I take that instead of a multivitamin.

standard sups now: Vitamin D, magnesium, potassium, CoQ10, Fish Oil

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only protein when I have a shake meal...that’s it:)

andy

Elite
Reaction score
as I work in supplement shop myself... And My sales are pretty okey
But to be honest with you guys. 50% of supps we got these days don't do a jacked sh*t and another 25% don't suit one or the other type of sport you in to (crossfits won't find use of creatine, fat burners, citrulline,alanine ... and bodybuilder won't find big use of electrolites and so on... ) ,especially if you are on AAS. personally when I turned to dark side I stopped using BCAA's , creatine, pre-workouts just for the reason the test gives me extra energy ,I recover faster and generally feel better cause my walet is feeling fuller aswell. LOL

SO... good diet, good drug protocol, good timing as for workouts as for food and your good to go))

I drink protein now and then if I'm working out big muscle groups and decided to go heavy af or up the intensity or whatever.

I would jump to some supps if I'm cutting for the show.for last two month I would add - glutamine, isolate, vitamins, maybe a pre-workout when i feel shit. But other than that. Author is right - u save lot's of money!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
None. Buncha nonsense to sell to noobies who dont know shit. Even the monolith that is creatine is pointless unless youre a damn vegetarian

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I cut out all pre-workout as it was causing some serious anxiety issues. Granted I was also retarded and drinking coffee at the same time. Now I just take Vit D and fish oil. I notice a big difference in my shoulder pain if I forget to take the FO for a few days. Also, CBD has seen a big difference in sleep quality.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Just protien on evenings i lift.

Ephedrine pre workout with a coffee or monster or both.

Otherwise, supplements are a waste of money, in my opinion.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I use the basics, mainly EFX Sports stuff. Kre-Alkalyn Hardcore (has caffeine/buffered creatine in it,a nice boost for my 5AM sessions).
Their normal Kra-Alkalyn at PM. (My heart stack as it got me off statins: RYR, Niacin, Bergamot, Aspirin). Daily shake consists of:

Milk
Protein
Wheat Germ
Berries
Oats
Olive Oil
Raw Egg
(Few other things)

Stuff I use has gotten me off Rx drugs, and taught my Dr. a few things...

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I use the basics, mainly EFX Sports stuff. Kre-Alkalyn Hardcore (has caffeine/buffered creatine in it,a nice boost for my 5AM sessions).
Their normal Kra-Alkalyn at PM. (My heart stack as it got me off statins: RYR, Niacin, Bergamot, Aspirin). Daily shake consists of:

Milk
Protein
Wheat Germ
Berries
Oats
Olive Oil
Raw Egg
(Few other things)

Stuff I use has gotten me off Rx drugs, and taught my Dr. a few things...

RYR is really brand dependent. They can’t legally list if it hs the right ingredients to replace statins. I forget the chemical name but I’ve been playing with this lately for BP.

What brand are you using?

New Threads