The biggest mistake when bulking

andy

Elite
Reaction score
ure bulking bad if You have to look at the mirror in the morning to see Your dic*.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
pBcfXeT.jpg

Lee Priest was my favorite bodybuilder growing up and still is to this day!

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
are you saying 5 lbs a month on or off gear?
No.

As a natural, there is a limit to how much muscle you can gain once past a certain caloric surplus point that doesn't apply as strictly to enhanced/on cycle phases. This limit can be anywhere from 200-1,000 extra cals depending on the person in question. Once past that point, it's just extra fat being added with zero muscle. Completely stupid & detrimental unless the goal is to gain weight regardless of what that weight is composed of.

For non-beginners, an average gain of 2-3lbs per month is PLENTY. For women, go 1.5-2.5lbs per month.

Last edited:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
POB is spot on with this, 10yrs ago i was caught with my waist line it held me back for years after

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
The more protein the better, bulking or cutting. It's the building block for muscle and the last thing to turn into fat. I'm on a diet right now but if I feel like I've torn the muscle very well then even when cutting, I'll Gorge myself after that workout.

The other night after a really good chest workout I ate 10 oz of salmon and 10 oz of chicken with lil cheddar cheese and asparagus. That was a extra 950 calories I didn't want to add to my diet but it was 114g protein 52g fat and 8-10 g of carbs in that meal.

As POB said muscle is harder to put on, so it's worth it if I feel I I've really done some damage, I'll take the extra calories for the protein to repair me and grow. Dropping weight is more just mental torture but dropping 30 lb of fat is a lot faster than gaining 30 lb of muscle.