FUBAR new member.. Any suggestions welcome.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals.. So I was wondering what you all had suggestion wise to work out legs with major injuries/atrophy..

I’ve had surgeries on both knees, currently I have bilateral torn ACLs and medial meniscus, I have full length rods in my right tibia fibula and femur as well as three plates and 7 screws holding my pelvis back together and a plate in my lower back. I had a bad motorcycle accident in August 2015 where I was DoA, shattered right leg, shattered pelvis, broken L4-L5-L6, cracked C3, cracked my skull open, broken ribs, punctured lung and lacerated liver..

3 weeks ICU, 9 months spinal cord unit, and I’ve been walking without my wheelchair for about a year now, because I said **** the VA **** their pain pills (I was the highest prescribed veteran in the nation) and just swam everyday. The VA is a joke.

Anyways I’m finally walking with little more than a limp but I do have some pretty decent back pain in the mornings (to be expected), but my legs are straight trash. Just as said, wondering if anyone had some recommendations etc..

stay at safe fellow bikers, as we know it’s most always some ass hole not paying attention that gets us!
👍

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals.. So I was wondering what you all had suggestion wise to work out legs with major injuries/atrophy..

I’ve had surgeries on both knees, currently I have bilateral torn ACLs and medial meniscus, I have full length rods in my right tibia fibula and femur as well as three plates and 7 screws holding my pelvis back together and a plate in my lower back. I had a bad motorcycle accident in August 2015 where I was DoA, shattered right leg, shattered pelvis, broken L4-L5-L6, cracked C3, cracked my skull open, broken ribs, punctured lung and lacerated liver..

3 weeks ICU, 9 months spinal cord unit, and I’ve been walking without my wheelchair for about a year now, because I said **** the VA **** their pain pills (I was the highest prescribed veteran in the nation) and just swam everyday. The VA is a joke.

Anyways I’m finally walking with little more than a limp but I do have some pretty decent back pain in the mornings (to be expected), but my legs are straight trash. Just as said, wondering if anyone had some recommendations etc..

stay at safe fellow bikers, as we know it’s most always some ass hole not paying attention that gets us!

Welcome aboard man!! Enjoy and meet new friends! Awesome gals and guys here!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground.

We have a forum section on training that should answer most of your questions when you post in there. Meanwhile, welcome again.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Welcome to the Underground.

We have a forum section on training that should answer most of your questions when you post in there. Meanwhile, welcome again.

Yeah im headed over there next. Just figured my first post should be here. 👍
I like the fact this forum has a pretty active community, glad I stumbled across. No pun intended. Hahah

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Obviously follow any doctors recommendations. My advice may f**k you up more!

I’d say to start with some machine isolation exercises to figure out what you can handle. Hamstring curls or lighter extensions.

Then maybe some mobility stuff? Possibly things like lunges to get things moving and loosened up.

Pretty much the exact opposite of what I’d normally suggest to someone.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Great work brother. Welcome in. You've got the mental fortitude, the rest will come.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to ugbb. You've come an incredibly long way, respect brother.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. Glad you were able to fight through everything you had to deal with these past few years... That right there means more than can be quantified...

As far as your leg routine and what will work.... Thats nkt going to be an easy one... You are going to have to try a bunch of different stuff, toes in, toes out... Wide stance, narrow stance... Elevated heals... Etc.... Its going to be frustrating... And it may seem like you wont find a way... But keep at it, keep playing with stances and variables and keep the weight light. I think, given enough time and variables, you will find something that works and you can then patiently build upon that foundation.

New Threads