Thanks

FUBAR new member.. Any suggestions welcome.

Hey guys/gals.. So I was wondering what you all had suggestion wise to work out legs with major injuries/atrophy..

Iíve had surgeries on both knees, currently I have bilateral torn ACLs and medial meniscus, I have full length rods in my right tibia fibula and femur as well as three plates and 7 screws holding my pelvis back together and a plate in my lower back. I had a bad motorcycle accident in August 2015 where I was DoA, shattered right leg, shattered pelvis, broken L4-L5-L6, cracked C3, cracked my skull open, broken ribs, punctured lung and lacerated liver..

3 weeks ICU, 9 months spinal cord unit, and Iíve been walking without my wheelchair for about a year now, because I said **** the VA **** their pain pills (I was the highest prescribed veteran in the nation) and just swam everyday. The VA is a joke.

Anyways Iím finally walking with little more than a limp but I do have some pretty decent back pain in the mornings (to be expected), but my legs are straight trash. Just as said, wondering if anyone had some recommendations etc..

stay at safe fellow bikers, as we know itís most always some ass hole not paying attention that gets us!
    👍
    /Doc

Thanks
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDoc87 View Post
    Hey guys/gals.. So I was wondering what you all had suggestion wise to work out legs with major injuries/atrophy..

Iíve had surgeries on both knees, currently I have bilateral torn ACLs and medial meniscus, I have full length rods in my right tibia fibula and femur as well as three plates and 7 screws holding my pelvis back together and a plate in my lower back. I had a bad motorcycle accident in August 2015 where I was DoA, shattered right leg, shattered pelvis, broken L4-L5-L6, cracked C3, cracked my skull open, broken ribs, punctured lung and lacerated liver..

3 weeks ICU, 9 months spinal cord unit, and Iíve been walking without my wheelchair for about a year now, because I said **** the VA **** their pain pills (I was the highest prescribed veteran in the nation) and just swam everyday. The VA is a joke.

Anyways Iím finally walking with little more than a limp but I do have some pretty decent back pain in the mornings (to be expected), but my legs are straight trash. Just as said, wondering if anyone had some recommendations etc..

stay at safe fellow bikers, as we know itís most always some ass hole not paying attention that gets us!
    Welcome aboard man!! Enjoy and meet new friends! Awesome gals and guys here!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bullseye Forever For This Useful Post:

DevilDoc87 (08-10-2018)

Thanks
    Welcome to the Underground.

We have a forum section on training that should answer most of your questions when you post in there. Meanwhile, welcome again.
    Newbies Please Read: https://www.ugbodybuilding.com/threads/3728-First-Cycle-All-You-Need-to-Know

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyWoodCole For This Useful Post:

Bullseye Forever (08-10-2018),DevilDoc87 (08-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyWoodCole View Post
    Welcome to the Underground.

We have a forum section on training that should answer most of your questions when you post in there. Meanwhile, welcome again.
    Yeah im headed over there next. Just figured my first post should be here. 👍
    I like the fact this forum has a pretty active community, glad I stumbled across. No pun intended. Hahah
    /Doc

Thanks
    Thanked 1,269 Times in 740 Posts
    Obviously follow any doctors recommendations. My advice may f**k you up more!

I’d say to start with some machine isolation exercises to figure out what you can handle. Hamstring curls or lighter extensions.

Then maybe some mobility stuff? Possibly things like lunges to get things moving and loosened up.

Pretty much the exact opposite of what I’d normally suggest to someone.
    ďThe only natural test-boosters I know of that work are compound lifting, steaks, and looking at boobies...Ē -Dan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Viduus For This Useful Post:

DevilDoc87 (08-10-2018)

Elite
    Thanks
    Holy fuk dude, you're ahead of the game already.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino99 For This Useful Post:

DevilDoc87 (08-10-2018)

Elite
    Thanks
    And welcome.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 670 Posts
    Welcome to the ug
    Installing upgraded body, PLEASE WAIT....................................

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Elivo For This Useful Post:

DevilDoc87 (08-10-2018)

Elite
    Thanks
    Welcome to the board

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJohnny For This Useful Post:

DevilDoc87 (08-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,824 Times in 2,659 Posts
    Great work brother. Welcome in. You've got the mental fortitude, the rest will come.

Jacked and Bearded

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

DevilDoc87 (08-10-2018),Rhino99 (08-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,531 Posts
    Welcome to ugbb. You've come an incredibly long way, respect brother.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

DevilDoc87 (08-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Welcome to the board. Glad you were able to fight through everything you had to deal with these past few years... That right there means more than can be quantified...

As far as your leg routine and what will work.... Thats nkt going to be an easy one... You are going to have to try a bunch of different stuff, toes in, toes out... Wide stance, narrow stance... Elevated heals... Etc.... Its going to be frustrating... And it may seem like you wont find a way... But keep at it, keep playing with stances and variables and keep the weight light. I think, given enough time and variables, you will find something that works and you can then patiently build upon that foundation.

"We are the white knights of the darker side of athletics." -HollyWoodCole

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to automatondan For This Useful Post:

DevilDoc87 (08-11-2018),HollyWoodCole (08-11-2018),Viduus (08-11-2018)