Phentermine compare to ECA Stack

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never heard of this stuff until today and it’s in not line with my current goals, but am curious if anyone has tried it and what there experience was. I was told it’s equivalent to the ECA stack

Anyone have any experience or thoughts.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Messed around with it years ago. Summary of my experimentation:
- Very strong appetite suppressant with a very strong rebound once you stop using it. Sibutramine was a tiny bit weaker when it came to suppressing appetite but also came with a nicer side effect profile and no issues of rebound after use.
- No impact on energy levels, unlike EC, and lack of data showing it to work permanently, unlike EC.
- Concluded it was garbage.

Talking data, right now (PM me for full paper), a combination of phen & topiramate is the best legally available drug treatment for obesity purely because the FDA has banned all the stuff that is vastly superior in all aspects. The Phen/Topiramate combo increases weight loss by 8-9% over the course of a year vs placebo. In other words, it's garbage.

So yes, if you can find the good stuff, there is literally zero valid reason to mess around with phentermine IMO. It's garbage popularized only by the FDA's dumbass decision making when it comes to drug legality.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
- Very strong appetite suppressant with a very strong rebound once you stop using it. Sibutramine was a tiny bit weaker when it came to suppressing appetite but also came with a nicer side effect profile and no issues of rebound after use.
- No impact on energy levels, unlike EC, and lack of data showing it to work permanently, unlike EC.

Talking data, right now (PM me for full paper), a combination of phen & topiramate is the best legally available drug treatment for obesity purely because the FDA has banned all the stuff that is vastly superior in all aspects. The Phen/Topiramate combo increases weight loss by 8-9% over the course of a year vs placebo. In other words, it's garbage.

So yes, if you can find the good stuff, there is literally zero valid reason to mess around with phentermine IMO. It's garbage popularized only by the FDA's dumbass decision making when it comes to drug legality.

Correct be if I'm wrong zilla, but isn't it most effective in the initial weeks and then kind of tapers off sharply?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Correct be if I'm wrong zilla, but isn't it most effective in the initial weeks and then kind of tapers off sharply?

I think that's the story for ephedrine not for Phentermine.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
It used to be called Phen Phen but then a bunch of lawsuits happened bc of the side effects. They changes a few molecules and now it is Phentermine. It helps suppress the appetite, sugar cravings and gives you a little boost of energy. I tried it but it put my ADD ass to sleep. It's shit. My GF takes it occasionally but it does lose its efficacy after a few months. Best to use it once every 3-4 months for 30 days.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I thought ephedrine the energy boost it gave you tappers off but the thermogenic effect lasts. I know for me after the first couple days of taking EC, that boost of energy was gone, but i sweat like fd at a gay convention when i work out on it.

Never messed with phent, i know a few women at work who use it through one of those weight loss docs.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ripped. PM Sent.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Pretty much. I mean, it's still working months later (appetite is still down, fat is still coming off, etc), but clearly not as well as at the start.
FWIW, I noticed no difference in continuous vs intermittent use totaling 2 months (8 straight weeks vs 4 weeks, 2 weeks off, 4 weeks on) when it came to actual results so...personal preference for those wishing to experiment with it.

The reason for this lack of long term effectiveness, and strong rebound, probably has to do with the fact that it forces your body to release more norepinephrine, serotonin, dopamine, etc rather than simply preventing the current level from being reabsorbed (reuptake inhibition). The former is what amphetamines do, which also coincides with a shitty rebound. The main issue with phen IMO.

POB, EC stops working in terms of the appetite suppression within weeks for most but the actual thermogenic effect remains permanently. No signs of a slow down even after a year of use and some indication that it might actually get stronger as you get leaner so...pretty sweet.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
The plus side is almost any “weight loss doctor” will give you a script Incase you are worried about taking other stuff and have to pass a UA

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
I got a script 8yrs ago; went from a life running my construction business being extremely Active physically all day and doing long hours- eating literally whatever, whenever opportunity allowed. Kept that bad habit eating when initially hired at job im at now where i started on the forktruck for 7 months. Gained 40lbs during that period, heaviest of my life.

Went mega extreme with calories per day; lost that 40lbs and got back to the 200lbs ive been since 1991. Changed my habits around and haven’t gotten the fat ass back. Never hungry on that shit- ever

Reaction score
Never heard of this stuff until today and it’s in not line with my current goals, but am curious if anyone has tried it and what there experience was. I was told it’s equivalent to the ECA stack

Anyone have any experience or thoughts.

This appetite suppressant is very effective in my opinion. I've used it on my cutting cycle
I like it

Reactions: IHI

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ive been on topamax for headaches. I literally lost 20lbs in a month, maybe 5wks.

you no longer have a need to eat. then you come off and the mirgrain/head aches are 2-3x worse. It was a fun little time for me

Reaction score
Yes, it is similar to the ECA stack. It is an appetite suppressant used for weight loss. It was once removed from the market due to the side effects but was reintroduced recently with a new formula. It is recommended for short term use only.

ShiftieGears

Lady Member
Reaction score
I got it from a Dr. Very effective appetite suppressant but to speedy feeling for me and I built up a tolerance to it very quickly which was concerning. It screwed with my emotions too when it would start to wear off. I prefer Welbutrin (which i also get from a Dr.) because it acts on the reward center of the brain and is less speedy feeling.

Last edited:

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score

What’s the good stuff

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Im using it right now. Its helpped me cut the calories back and not feel hungry as fukk all day. Its doing its purpose.

I dont feel speedy but do have a headache, insomnia, dehydrated, and crashed libido.

Reaction score
Phentermine is an effective form of therapy for obese patients who need to lose weight to decrease diseases associated with obesity. The magnitude of the weight loss through using Phentermine will depend on the degree of caloric restriction and the use of a graded exercise program. Phentermine should be used as a short term drug to help patients to start losing weight while the patient is undergoing permanent long term changes in their attitude towards food and exercise. The body starts to build up a resistance to the effects of Phentermine after a few weeks of treatment, by which time the patient should be well on their way to a new lifestyle and ready to stop taking Phentermine while continuing to maintain a healthy weight on their own.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score

My girl is in the phentermine and lipo b or vitamin b shots, a little “stack” most of the medical spas or weight loss clinics are doing
and the doctor (md) did tell her she has to get blood work at the conclusion of a 90 day period for the phentermine to make sure it’s still working as it does loose effectiveness after about 90 days for most people so they encourage a break equal time off as on I believe. But yes i know her doctor did advise it loose effectiveness over time.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
My girl has had some success on it in two months she’s down 7 pounds but she’s also added a lot of lean mass and all her lifts have gone up pretty significantly. Gone down two pant sizes and she looks a lot better. She’s has some decent success with it but she’s also been very focus in on her training and diet has been pretty decent for the most part.

I’ve noticed she does eat a lot smaller portions than usual.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
What doses of Phentermine were people using?

New Threads