Thread: Phentermine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 532 Posts

Phentermine

Never heard of this stuff until today and itís in not line with my current goals, but am curious if anyone has tried it and what there experience was. I was told itís equivalent to the ECA stack

Anyone have any experience or thoughts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

jennerrator (08-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 660 Posts
    Messed around with it years ago. Summary of my experimentation:
    - Very strong appetite suppressant with a very strong rebound once you stop using it. Sibutramine was a tiny bit weaker when it came to suppressing appetite but also came with a nicer side effect profile and no issues of rebound after use.
    - No impact on energy levels, unlike EC, and lack of data showing it to work permanently, unlike EC.
    - Concluded it was garbage.

Talking data, right now (PM me for full paper), a combination of phen & topiramate is the best legally available drug treatment for obesity purely because the FDA has banned all the stuff that is vastly superior in all aspects. The Phen/Topiramate combo increases weight loss by 8-9% over the course of a year vs placebo. In other words, it's garbage.

So yes, if you can find the good stuff, there is literally zero valid reason to mess around with phentermine IMO. It's garbage popularized only by the FDA's dumbass decision making when it comes to drug legality.
    If you can't win, be spectacular.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (08-10-2018),jennerrator (08-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    Messed around with it years ago. Summary of my experimentation:
    - Very strong appetite suppressant with a very strong rebound once you stop using it. Sibutramine was a tiny bit weaker when it came to suppressing appetite but also came with a nicer side effect profile and no issues of rebound after use.
    - No impact on energy levels, unlike EC, and lack of data showing it to work permanently, unlike EC.
    - Concluded it was garbage.

Talking data, right now (PM me for full paper), a combination of phen & topiramate is the best legally available drug treatment for obesity purely because the FDA has banned all the stuff that is vastly superior in all aspects. The Phen/Topiramate combo increases weight loss by 8-9% over the course of a year vs placebo. In other words, it's garbage.

So yes, if you can find the good stuff, there is literally zero valid reason to mess around with phentermine IMO. It's garbage popularized only by the FDA's dumbass decision making when it comes to drug legality.
    Correct be if I'm wrong zilla, but isn't it most effective in the initial weeks and then kind of tapers off sharply?
    In need of dieting help? Email me at [email protected]

Thanks
    Thanked 14,917 Times in 6,542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Correct be if I'm wrong zilla, but isn't it most effective in the initial weeks and then kind of tapers off sharply?
    I think that's the story for ephedrine not for Phentermine.
    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks
    It used to be called Phen Phen but then a bunch of lawsuits happened bc of the side effects. They changes a few molecules and now it is Phentermine. It helps suppress the appetite, sugar cravings and gives you a little boost of energy. I tried it but it put my ADD ass to sleep. It's shit. My GF takes it occasionally but it does lose its efficacy after a few months. Best to use it once every 3-4 months for 30 days.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stevenmd For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (08-10-2018)

Thanks
    I thought ephedrine the energy boost it gave you tappers off but the thermogenic effect lasts. I know for me after the first couple days of taking EC, that boost of energy was gone, but i sweat like fd at a gay convention when i work out on it.

Never messed with phent, i know a few women at work who use it through one of those weight loss docs.
    Installing upgraded body, PLEASE WAIT....................................

Thanks
    Thanked 1,054 Times in 532 Posts
    Thanks Ripped. PM Sent.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 660 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Pretty much. I mean, it's still working months later (appetite is still down, fat is still coming off, etc), but clearly not as well as at the start.
    FWIW, I noticed no difference in continuous vs intermittent use totaling 2 months (8 straight weeks vs 4 weeks, 2 weeks off, 4 weeks on) when it came to actual results so...personal preference for those wishing to experiment with it.

The reason for this lack of long term effectiveness, and strong rebound, probably has to do with the fact that it forces your body to release more norepinephrine, serotonin, dopamine, etc rather than simply preventing the current level from being reabsorbed (reuptake inhibition). The former is what amphetamines do, which also coincides with a shitty rebound. The main issue with phen IMO.

POB, EC stops working in terms of the appetite suppression within weeks for most but the actual thermogenic effect remains permanently. No signs of a slow down even after a year of use and some indication that it might actually get stronger as you get leaner so...pretty sweet.
    If you can't win, be spectacular.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (08-10-2018),Elivo (08-10-2018)

Thanks
    The plus side is almost any “weight loss doctor” will give you a script Incase you are worried about taking other stuff and have to pass a UA

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 650 Posts
    I got a script 8yrs ago; went from a life running my construction business being extremely Active physically all day and doing long hours- eating literally whatever, whenever opportunity allowed. Kept that bad habit eating when initially hired at job im at now where i started on the forktruck for 7 months. Gained 40lbs during that period, heaviest of my life.

Went mega extreme with calories per day; lost that 40lbs and got back to the 200lbs ive been since 1991. Changed my habits around and haven’t gotten the fat ass back. Never hungry on that shit- ever

15. The Following User Says Thank You to IHI For This Useful Post:

dk8594 (08-11-2018)