Sport of Powerlifting - Turn Me Into a Fan

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Get on instagram if u dont have it. That's the only reason I have it is for powerlifting.

I follow a few people on Instagram but there has to be more to it then that!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i hear ya vid, my lifts are shit, ive been hurt too many times and waya too many health issues myself, but love pl and bb, if i could just stay consistant, i might....eclipse the 300 total as wel hahahah

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
You guys are joking about a 300lb total right?

Depends on the day :)

My squat is decent for where I am.

Dead’s I’ve never tried to max out, still working on building my grip strength.

Benching - I suck. Just recently learned I was rolling my shoulders forward and using my front delts instead of my chest.

I’m 36 and got back into lifting in December of last war due to health issues with my back and sciatic nerve. Learned diet from Spongy and got my training in order from a variety of sources and a lot of heard work. I ended up dropping 50+ pounds and I’m now down to 15%BF. (Going for sub 12% now)

All that to say I really have no place to be thinking about PL and meets but POB makes some great points about nobody caring what your total is and just doing it. He has me considering putting the work in to get to a spot where I can personally feel ok at small local meet. I’ll don’t have the raw strength a lot of you guys and girls have but hey - you only live once right?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Don’t worry about numbers Vid. Do it for you and piss on everyone else. At the end of the day if you can walk away from it satisfied with what you did that is all that matters!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You guys are joking about a 300lb total right?
Na ive never been strong nor consistent, hell i had to quit liftin for a while andfound (or finally had them recognize) i had a neck and back issue thru the va , id be lucky to bench 250, or dead 250 or hell even squat 250

But i guess if i could it would be over 300 hahah

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
If you have any interest in PLing, listen to Pillar and just start training to compete. Competing really is a lot of fun and when you start training to be strong, you attract strong people without even trying. Once you have a better understanding of the grind of power lifting, you begin to REALLY enjoy watching. (at least I did)
Many moons ago, I caught the bug and enlisted PoB's help to train for a RPS meet. I had no experience and learned along the way. Started as a small and weak lifter, I ended up winning my weight class first time out (still small and weak). I'm nowhere near an elite total, but Jesus was it exciting to be competing.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
If you have any interest in PLing, listen to Pillar and just start training to compete. Competing really is a lot of fun and when you start training to be strong, you attract strong people without even trying. Once you have a better understanding of the grind of power lifting, you begin to REALLY enjoy watching. (at least I did)
Many moons ago, I caught the bug and enlisted PoB's help to train for a RPS meet. I had no experience and learned along the way. Started as a small and weak lifter, I ended up winning my weight class first time out (still small and weak). I'm nowhere near an elite total, but Jesus was it exciting to be competing.

Thank you, I’m going to make focus on it next year and see how far I get. Glad to know it was all worth it for you regardless of how you totaled the first time.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah ive been told to just quit itchen my vag, and finally get serious about doing something like this,

I think if i finally had some sort of end game/goal it might help me

But im also not in a position as far as strength, gpp, endurance where i would actually succeed tbh

And thats why ive avoided this route

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah ive been told to just quit itchen my vag, and finally get serious about doing something like this,

I think if i finally had some sort of end game/goal it might help me

But im also not in a position as far as strength, gpp, endurance where i would actually succeed tbh

And thats why ive avoided this route
Strength, gpp, endurance?
How do you think you get there, training! Get with PoB and get started on a program. Trust me, if will always be hard but you will be ready if you stick to the plan.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
If u guys do take the plunge to powerlifting pleaseeeeeeeee dont turn into one of the douchebag powerlifters. Pleaseeee. There are so many of them these days as its getting more popular every year.

Doing a meet is one of the best feelings I've ever had in my life. The adrenaline, the focus, the feeling u get hitting a pr u trained months for is fukking amazing. Hearing a room for a strangers scream for u as u grind a rep... ahhh nothing like it. Can't wait for my next one.

New Threads