The fat acceptance movement

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Fat acceptance and demasculization is part of the downfall of our generations.. Oh let’s make it legal to eat anything and be a blob, but illegal to add naturally occurring hormones (when done properly and safely) to become better and healthier versions of ourselves.

What a joke.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I read the article he's talking about. Quote: "16. Understand that "fat" and "unhealthy" are not the same thing."

Yes it is, which is why it should never be accepted. End of discussion.

This exactly. I deal with the consequences of fat every single day at work. This makes my job exponentially more difficult. But don't worry, we'll take care of you when you not only refuse to take care of yourself but actively work toward the opposite. And the same people that cry about fat shaming can be absolutely vicious in their fit shaming attempts.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
This exactly. I deal with the consequences of fat every single day at work. This makes my job exponentially more difficult. But don't worry, we'll take care of you when you not only refuse to take care of yourself but actively work toward the opposite. And the same people that cry about fat shaming can be absolutely vicious in their fit shaming attempts.
It all revolves around this new phenomenon of society treating the idea of offending someone as a HUGE problem. It's actually seen as a much bigger problem than voluntarily being in a physically unhealthy state that acts as a massive burden on our health services and costs us billions per year.

Just another justification for my indifference towards 99.9% of society :)

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
It all revolves around this new phenomenon of society treating the idea of offending someone as a HUGE problem. It's actually seen as a much bigger problem than voluntarily being in a physically unhealthy state that acts as a massive burden on our health services and costs us billions per year.

Just another justification for my indifference towards 99.9% of society :)

I agree with you but I also add, this is why I don't like government programs, free health care, food stamps and welfare.

It allows these people to not have any accountability for their actions. They don't even have to work to eat like royalty and when they have medical issues the taxpayer pays the bill again, if you can jump on welfare you don't even have motivation to get off your ass at all.

As much as people act as if you take away these programs people will die and starve in the streets, I don't think that will happen at all! I think they'll finally get off their fat ass and get a job. If they want to spend all their money on food and pay for health insurance then I could care less what the hell they do.

As a conservative libertarian point of view, government programs make it were even uncontrolling people wind up wanting to control someone's actions. In a truly free country an individual should only be responsible for themselves, not the collective society around them.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I agree with you but I also add, this is why I don't like government programs, free health care, food stamps and welfare.

It allows these people to not have any accountability for their actions. They don't even have to work to eat like royalty and when they have medical issues the taxpayer pays the bill again, if you can jump on welfare you don't even have motivation to get off your ass at all.

As much as people act as if you take away these programs people will die and starve in the streets, I don't think that will happen at all! I think they'll finally get off their fat ass and get a job. If they want to spend all their money on food and pay for health insurance then I could care less what the hell they do.

As a conservative libertarian point of view, government programs make it were even uncontrolling people wind up wanting to control someone's actions. In a truly free country an individual should only be responsible for themselves, not the collective society around them.

You cant just lump everyone that is on some kind of program into the same category, there are a lot , and i mean a lot of people who take advantage of it and abuse it to no end. But there are also a lot of people who actually need some help and dont abuse the system. Not everyone on food stamps or welfare are just sitting at home living off the system and getting fat and refusing to go out and find a job.

In healthcare i see it the abuse of the system every day and its sickening, but i also see people who really need some of this help. Its not all jobless drug addicts and lazy ass people who use these programs. Its just the ones that do abuse it and take advantage of things are the ones that get all the attention. You dont hear about the single mom or dad that is working but doesnt make enough to be able to afford a house payment or rent, a car payment, all the bills that go along with it, clothes for the kids and food. These are the people that need the help.
I would ****ing love it if we had a way to weed out the ones that are abusing shit and get them kicked off of these programs WITHOUT hurting the ones actually trying to do something that actually need a little extra help.

To keep to topic, dude in video makes some great points, people need to start thinking of being morbidly obese as a real medical concern and not something to be ok with.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I curse just as much as the next guy. But not nearly as much as this dude. His statement would be much more impactful if every other word wasn't ****.

For ****s sake stop saying **** all the time you ****.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I curse just as much as the next guy. But not nearly as much as this dude. His statement would be much more impactful if every other word wasn't ****.

For ****s sake stop saying **** all the time you ****.

Same, i tend to swear a lot but that was on the extreme side of things. You can get your point across without all of that.

Reactions: Jin

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
In healthcare i see it the abuse of the system every day and its sickening, but i also see people who really need some of this help. Its not all jobless drug addicts and lazy ass people who use these programs.
To clarify, the ones I was talking about getting a job are the ones receiving welfare which means they also receive all the above.
Not necessarily people receiving just food stamps and Medicaid, I know plenty of people who receive those benefits and work.
You dont hear about the single mom or dad that is working but doesnt make enough to be able to afford a house payment or rent, a car payment, all the bills that go along with it, clothes for the kids and food. These are the people that need the help.
Someone on these programs needs a car payment like they need a bullet in their head. Also I think they need very little help if any at all, they need a better budget!

We are enabling people as a country, it varies state-to-state however most people should be able to take care of their necessities at a little over $15,000 without these programs. You won't be living the high-life but isn't that the point to make you strive to do better?

These are the people that need the help.
I would ****ing love it if we had a way to weed out the ones that are abusing shit and get them kicked off of these programs WITHOUT hurting the ones actually trying to do something that actually need a little extra help.
So if we get rid of these programs do you think people would starve and die in the streets?

I have more faith in people, I think if you put their feet to the fire they would start working harder/faster to step out of their comfort zone and succeed.

I was kicked out of the house when I was 18 years old, I had a 1990 pos Geo Storm LOL and a trunk full of clothes and lost my job just days before. I lived in that tiny ass car for a few weeks, bathing with a cloth in the sink at a local 24-hour laundromat.

I'm still alive and I think I turned out alright!

Last edited:

New Threads