Training protocol

Reaction score
Do you guys switch up your training protocol at all when coming off a cycle? Typically I hit PPL and rotate high to low rep range on compound lifts(3-5 or 8-10) and a higher rep range on isolation excercises.
Just curious to see if you guys stick to what you do or maybe up reps or lower. Obviously my body will take more time to heal now and I'm gonna have to realize I won't see the results I was seeing while I was on.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I schedule my stuff so my vacations fall at the end of each cycle. So after about 10 days off, which by that time I need, I drop my training weight 10% then slowly start bringing back up during my off time. I may also drop a set off of some stuff. I started doing this after I tore a rotator cuff and a hamstring within a month of each other. This was at exactly that 4-5 week point where enanthate esters say goodbye. Now, grant it, the shoulder was bothering me for a long time, but the hamstring was without warning. I was using weights that I was training with at the strongest point of my cycle onward. Since I started doing this I've not had any issues. I feel it gives stuff a chance to heal, I actually enjoy training a little more, and I focus on improving the quality of my training. It's still heavy, but backed up from walking on that fine edge of just right and oops. By the time I'm ready for the next cycle I'm slightly ahead of where I started the previous one. It works for me anyway, and I lose nothing of significance in between. Understand also that at 53 sh*t needs a little more care and less grip it and rip it

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply man that's what I needed to hear. It will be a mental challenge realizing I can't do what I was doing at 8-12 weeks but I guess that's all part of the learning curve.
My shoulder has already been a little aggravated so I imagine it's not gonna help if I keep trying to push it.I think even at my age the grip and rip becomes a bit much.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
same stuff for me at all times

New Threads