Supplements and vitamin must haves.

Reaction score
What vitamins and supplements do you guys take everyday or swear by? Obviously protein maybe amino acids and a one a day.
Do you guys recommend fish oil daily?
I don't usually take aminos but i have found the amino energy companies are making is a good substitute for slamming energy drinks during the morning and day as I don't drink coffee during the summer months.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BCAAs are useless and a waste of money.

I take a multi, fish oil, coq10, and E/C when cutting. That's about it. Oh, creatine too.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
multi ,fish oil,protein powder,coq10 just like my man spongy

Dbolitarian

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Multi, b6, b12, bcomp, fish or.krill
CoQ10, baby aspirin , hbcd ...essential aminos, casein..
Pre workout
Occasionally.creatine

And the best one

Food

Chillinlow

Reaction score
BCAAs are useless and a waste of money.

I take a multi, fish oil, coq10, and E/C when cutting. That's about it. Oh, creatine too.

Same except E/C no for me.

And I cycle on / off creatine

Reaction score
I know im gonna waste my money energy anyways so I figure I can at least try and be somewhat healthy about it with the energy aminos. How much fish oil do you take daily? And I'll have to look into coq10 seems like it is pretty good for heart health.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Fish oil, coq10, Vit D and Magnesium are my staples.

I generally only use the above but other things I’ve played with are:

Cutting multi (if limited variety of food) and briefly dabble with yohimbine hcl and e/c

Trying RYR and potassium for blood pressure but I’ll likely drop that soon.

BCAAs are over priced and useless but I do keep some to flavor my water when cutting. It’s basically a fake sugar to my brain. (Yes I know it’s obviously not - you get my point)

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I know im gonna waste my money energy anyways so I figure I can at least try and be somewhat healthy about it with the energy aminos. How much fish oil do you take daily? And I'll have to look into coq10 seems like it is pretty good for heart health.

Jin’s big on high amounts amounts so search for his threads. I take 6 grams of liquid Carlson’s. Best value for the money.

Reaction score
Food the best one of all! I always used to tell myself I don't need all these supplements because I should be getting everything through a well rounded diet. Easier said than done when you're trying to maintain so many things.

Reaction score
Cool I'll check out Carlson's does seem decently priced. Hopefully the fish burps are minimal.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Jin’s big on high amounts amounts so search for his threads. I take 6 grams of liquid Carlson’s. Best value for the money.

yea while on tren

if
blood pressure is good stupid to take more then a gram a day imo

one in the am and one in the pm

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
yea while on tren

if
blood pressure is good stupid to take more then a gram a day imo

one in the am and one in the pm

My BP was crazy high and I’m finally off the meds now. Fish oil, more water and lifting seems to have done the trick.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Multi, fish oil, Vit D. Took Glucosamine for awhile but never noticed a difference in joint/shoulder pain. Take CBD in various ways now - seems to help with sleep along with ZMA and a melatonin. The rest is food.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i take amino 2222 to get protein when eating low protein meals. B6, fish oil, flax oil, digestive enzymes, than standard whey. Myprotein & NOW vitamin mainly

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Why?

10char

Not on a cycle if someone needs to constantly take more then 2 grams (a gram in the morning and one at
night), I just feel most people might look at their diet and lifestyle to lower their blood pressure. I don’t believe it’s a solution more of a bandaid. Just like most meds are a bandaid find the root cause and attack it.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Not on a cycle if someone needs to constantly take more then 2 grams (a gram in the morning and one at
night), I just feel most people might look at their diet and lifestyle to lower their blood pressure. I don’t believe it’s a solution more of a bandaid. Just like most meds are a bandaid find the root cause and attack it.

I have been medicated for hypertension since 14 years old. From that time through age 19 I was swimming 5 hours a day and single digit bodyfat. I've had every test available to determine the root cause of my hypertension. Unknown.

You tend to have strong opinions and present them as factual. Your answer above is more thorough than your initial and I think it is more accurate (or at least shows good logic behind it). It should have been what you said at first.

As members we need to be careful of what information we put out there. You never know who is reading.

Last edited:

Chillinlow

Reaction score
I have been medicated for hypertension since 14 years old. From that time through age 19 I was swimming 5 hours a day and single digit bodyfat. I've had every test available to determine the root cause of my hypertension. Unknown.

You tend to have strong opinions and present them as factual. Your answer above is more thorough than your initial and I think it is more accurate (or at least shows good logic behind it). It should have been what you said at first.

As members we need to be careful of what information we put out there. You never know who is reading.

Exactly my point, people see you taking 6 grams and think that will work for them it might and might not. But if I’m a new guy and some ripped ass dude takes 6 grams I’m more likely to try it. And I’ll admit I usually post what sounds as a opinions and don’t usually ever spend time giving a source to my reasoning. I know I should try harder it’s hard because most the time people do what they want not what’s logical.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Exactly my point, people see you taking 6 grams and think that will work for them it might and might not. But if I’m a new guy and some ripped ass dude takes 6 grams I’m more likely to try it. And I’ll admit I usually post what sounds as a opinions and don’t usually ever spend time giving a source to my reasoning. I know I should try harder it’s hard because most the time people do what they want not what’s logical.

I take high doses of fish oil to reduce my blood pressure. If a new guy reads that and wants to reduce his blood pressure and takes high dose fish oil, most likely his blood pressure will decrease. I put out good information on an important health issue. I'm unsure why you have an issue with this.

New Threads