Supplements and vitamin must haves.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I take high doses of fish oil to reduce my blood pressure. If a new guy reads that and wants to reduce his blood pressure and takes high dose fish oil, most likely his blood pressure will decrease. I put out good information on an important health issue. I'm unsure why you have an issue with this.

One good thing about his place is that we tend to imply the source of information whether it’s personnel experience or some study. (Rip Vision) In this case I trusted Jin’s personal experience and had the same outcome.

I was already on a Spongy diet for months and training 5+ times a week. My BF% was in a good place compared to “normal” people. There wasn’t more I could do diet or training wise and I wanted to avoid taking the meds as much as possible. To be far, I’m not sure if it was the extra fish oil or not since it may have been my body catching up to the changed lifestyle. Either way, the end result is I’ve been able to come off my BP meds for now.

We might be the only two cases of it but I’m curious to see if anyone else has the same experience.

(respecting your concerns CL but I wanted to support it with my personal experience)

(also an important point, extra water was an important part of brining my BP down as well. Thanks to POBs water post)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jin

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
most people do not realize how good fish oil is for ones BP. Especially once you get up to a big dose of it.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
2tbsp of olive oil per day has been shown to greatly reduce bp as well. Easy to add to a protein shake if you do that. Many other benefits as well. Nothing Ive done my entire life has been able to remove me from a lisinopril dose but I dont know why anyone would worry about taking one if it seemed necessary. ACE inhibitors literally have no risks in taking them unless you are one of the extremely rare people whose body cant acclimate to them.

PS- Ive been on lisinopril for close to 15 years and Ive varied greatly in bodyweight, bodyfat, and exercise. Im currently at 236lbs and can run a sub 6 minute mile but still need lisinopril.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
most people do not realize how good fish oil is for ones BP. Especially once you get up to a big dose of it.

Carlson’s liquid - orange flavor. Price per gram is much better the others. Most brands have “filler” so you have to look closely for the exact amount of Omega 3s.

Reaction score
I must say i do not usually take aminos but i have found the amino energy companies are making is a good substitute for slamming energy drinks during the morning and day as i don't drink coffee during the summer months...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I must say i do not usually take aminos but i have found the amino energy companies are making is a good substitute for slamming energy drinks during the morning and day as i don't drink coffee during the summer months...

Why are they a good substitute for energy drinks?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Coromega Fish Oil - 10g's daily
Naringin
Baby aspirin
As many anti oxidants as I can get
Multi vitamin

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Now vitamin brand for a lot of it. Whey and other workout supps from places spongy rec's

Any specific reason for “Now”? I’m always curious which brands have been tested or have something to back them up. Protein brands are much easier for me to judge.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Any specific reason for “Now”? I’m always curious which brands have been tested or have something to back them up. Protein brands are much easier for me to judge.

they have good stuff at decent prices. Its hard to find a company that is clear, pure for a decent buck. I know people can find negative sh!t on them, but i like them

Reaction score
I bought some Carlson's that was half price because it expires this month( didn't realize till after i got it). How long do you think it will be good for? I have it in the fridge.

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
Multi, zinc, magnesium, fish oil, vitamin d/d3, creatine, whey, ashwaghanda

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I bought some Carlson's that was half price because it expires this month( didn't realize till after i got it). How long do you think it will be good for? I have it in the fridge.

I don’t refrigerate mine but the bottle is usually gone in about a month or so. (Never thought to...)

New Threads