Need help properly dosing!

Reaction score
Hey guys just finished my first cycle. I did tons of research about what I was putting into my body and everything turned out a little less than expected but I think that was due to the wrong dosage? My friend was the one who has been on gear before and he recommend to me the following ( which I followed)

tren-p 375 mg per week
tren- a 100mg per week
40mg of anavar per day starting at the same time I first pinned.
and a pct that he bought me ( forgot the name sorry)

im 230lbs 6’1 and been lifting since middle school. 17%bodyfat.

That at all being said. I gained weight up to 249lbs. My maxes didn’t go up that much and I worked out 4-5 times a day targeting each muscle group separately for about an hour or depending on my work day. That all being said I’m curious to know if the dosages were too low for tren and test. Everything I read online said to be doing more than what my friend had me doing but I trusted him. Im
bout to start my second cycle in October and would like a dosage recommendation please for those same gear choices.

before anyone says something about the tren. Yes I know it wasn’t the smartest choice but I loved being on it and the libido was insane!! So I’m sticking with it. Thanks I’m advance guys and gals

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Hey guys just finished my first cycle. I did tons of research about what I was putting into my body and everything turned out a little less than expected but I think that was due to the wrong dosage? My friend was the one who has been on gear before and he recommend to me the following ( which I followed)

tren-p 375 mg per week
tren- a 100mg per week
40mg of anavar per day starting at the same time I first pinned.
and a pct that he bought me ( forgot the name sorry)

im 230lbs 6’1 and been lifting since middle school. 17%bodyfat.

That at all being said. I gained weight up to 249lbs. My maxes didn’t go up that much and I worked out 4-5 times a day targeting each muscle group separately for about an hour or depending on my work day. That all being said I’m curious to know if the dosages were too low for tren and test. Everything I read online said to be doing more than what my friend had me doing but I trusted him. Im
bout to start my second cycle in October and would like a dosage recommendation please for those same gear choices.

before anyone says something about the tren. Yes I know it wasn’t the smartest choice but I loved being on it and the libido was insane!! So I’m sticking with it. Thanks I’m advance guys and gals

So you hit every muscle group everyday for an hour if im reading that correctly?...if so thats a horrible way to train imo...you need more recovery time...also i would say if you had less than expected results your diet was probably the biggest factor..dont know that for sure just the first thing that comes to mind when i see posts like this..

Also you say youve been training since middle school...how old are you now?

Reaction score
So you hit every muscle group everyday for an hour if im reading that correctly?...if so thats a horrible way to train imo...you need more recovery time...?

Sorry to to confuse you. Not every muscle group everyday. I mean Monday chest
tueaday legs
wednesday arms
thursday back/shoulders!

Now I’m 24 years old and I’ll admit my diet wasnt PERFECT but I did diet. Cut out almost all fried foods and pastas and bread. Ate fish and grilled chicken for dinners and breakfast was 5-6 eggs every morning. No sodas. It isn’t the perfect diet buts definitely better than what I have been doing

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You did gain almost 20 lbs so something went right assume there was muscle gain in there.

Length of cycle? Where's the test? Did you mean Test-P 375mg/wk?

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Is that a typo or did you really run no Test as a base? If you did run Test, what dosage?
If you ran Tren A, why only once a week?
How many weeks did you run Var?
How many weeks was your cycle?
Was this your first cycle? If not, how many cycles have you done and what did you run before? (Seeing as you gained 19 pounds on pretty much just Tren, I'm going to guess this was your first cycle.)
What is your goal with the next cycle?
You and I are about the same weight/height, I'm just literally twice your age.

Reaction score
My fault guys! Yeah I meant test p 375mg a week and tren a 100mg a week. The length of the cycle last for 10 weeks. And right I gained the size size but I guess it being my first time i had higher expectations? The strength wasn’t really what I was expecting either. Maybe a gain of 10-15 pounds max on everything. Like I said before I’m very new to this world/ community so maybe I was expecting too much? Maybe I dosed wrong. Maybe I wasn’t doing the right gear all together. And that my friends is why I’m here asking for your help and guidance

Reaction score
Is that a typo or did you really run no Test as a base? If you did run Test, what dosage?
If you ran Tren A, why only once a week?
How many weeks did you run Var?
How many weeks was your cycle?
Was this your first cycle? If not, how many cycles have you done and what did you run before? (Seeing as you gained 19 pounds on pretty much just Tren, I'm going to guess this was your first cycle.)
What is your goal with the next cycle?
You and I are about the same weight/height, I'm just literally twice your age.

Yes this was my first cycle. I ran the var at 40mg a day for about 3-4 weeks I believe and I Ran the tren twice a week at 50mg per pin. Every Monday and Thursday were my pins

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Post up your diet.

Wheres the test at? Or did i miss something?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
My fault guys! Yeah I meant test p 375mg a week and tren a 100mg a week. The length of the cycle last for 10 weeks. And right I gained the size size but I guess it being my first time i had higher expectations? The strength wasn’t really what I was expecting either. Maybe a gain of 10-15 pounds max on everything. Like I said before I’m very new to this world/ community so maybe I was expecting too much? Maybe I dosed wrong. Maybe I wasn’t doing the right gear all together. And that my friends is why I’m here asking for your help and guidance

Test was too low; 500 min. Tren was too low; 300 min. 4 weeks is min for Var. Cycle was a little short too.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Initial thoughts...
Not going to mention that you probably shouldn't have ran Tren for your first cycle because it is said and done. I highly recommend you run a Test only cycle so you know how Test affects your body. If you start having sides in your next cycle, you will then know if it's from the Test or the other compound.
BUT... here are my suggestions for a cycle...
Since you've already ran Tren, if you want to run it again:
Test E 200mg/week (12 weeks)
Tren E 400mg/week (12 weeks) - you may consider bumping it to 600mg/week for FUTURE cycles
Var - 80mg/day for 4 weeks unless it's prescription, then 20-30mg/week
Include an AI based upon your bloodwork

If you want to try something other than Tren for bulking:
Test E 200mg/week for 18 weeks
Deca 600mg/week for 16 weeks
Some like to add Dbol for the first 4 weeks but all it does is make me retain water and sweat like crazy at night so I prefer Var (same dosage as above)
Proviron - 50mg/day
AI as needed per your bloodwork.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Post up your diet.

Wheres the test at? Or did i miss something?
. Test is there is was just a typo :/ damn fat thumbs and tiny phone.....

diet wasnt perfect by any means but it was huge step for me and it included the following..... no fried foods or bread or pasta... baked and grilled chicken and fish for dinners and breakfast was 5-6 eggs every morning and lunch was left overs from dinner lol no sodas what so ever. Like I said. No perfect but damn better than what I usually have

Reaction score
Initial thoughts...
Not going to mention that you probably shouldn't have ran Tren for your first cycle because it is said and done. I highly recommend you run a Test only cycle so you know how Test affects your body. If you start having sides in your next cycle, you will then know if it's from the Test or the other compound.
Tren E 400mg/week (2 weeks) - you may consider bumping it to 600mg/week for FUTURE cycles

Some like to add Dbol for the first 4 weeks but all it does is make me retain water and sweat like crazy at night so I prefer Var (same dosage as above)
Proviron - 50mg/day

why run the tren E for only 2 weeks? I thought the tren E was the long ester and took a while to get into the system? Again sorry if it’s a dumb question. But I appreciate all the help!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Test was too low; 500 min. Tren was too low; 300 min. 4 weeks is min for Var. Cycle was a little short too.
Okay so with those dosages 10 weeks is too short ??? What would be the appropriate length of the above cycle that you have said?

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
why run the tren E for only 2 weeks? I thought the tren E was the long ester and took a while to get into the system? Again sorry if it’s a dumb question. But I appreciate all the help!
Sorry, typo, 12 weeks. My ADD brain goes faster than my hands can type.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
You are going to hear this many times, but Test only should have been your first cycle. If it were me, test 500 ew, 250 on mon and 250 on thurs.

Reaction score
Initial thoughts...
Tren E 400mg/week (12 weeks) - you may consider bumping it to 600mg/week for FUTURE cycles

Proviron - 50mg/day

why only run for 2 weeks tren? And also on my first cycle I never had any sides except night sweats for about a week or two.

Reaction score
I get it guys. My first cycle should have been test only. Like I said my friend who had said he had been doing this a long time is the one who recommended the cycle to me and I just blindly followed ( not smart) but what’s done is done and honestly I’ll probably continue to use the tren. Just wanted some friendly advice on the dosages and that’s exactly what you guys have all given me and for that I thank you! A lot more clarity about what I should be doing now!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Okay so with those dosages 10 weeks is too short ??? What would be the appropriate length of the above cycle that you have said?

Let me back up; there is a school of thought that says to run the tren high and the test low. Look into it and see what you think.

I'm going to assume you're doing blood work even though I'm sure your not. So run the Test for 4 weeks, get bloods done and adjust your AI if needed. Then add the Tren in. Tren can mess with your E2 test so I like to make sure all is good before adding it in.

Test P 500 mg/wk (1-16 weeks)
Tren A 300-400 mg/wk (5-16 weeks)
Var 40-50 mg/d (13-16)

You may or may not gain weight with this depending on your diet but you will be bigger.

Reaction score
Let me back up; there is a school of thought that says to run the tren high and the test low. Look into it and see what you think.

I'm going to assume you're doing blood work even though I'm sure your not. So run the Test for 4 weeks, get bloods done and adjust your AI if needed. Then add the Tren in. Tren can mess with your E2 test so I like to make sure all is good before adding it in.

Test P 500 mg/wk (1-16 weeks)
Tren A 300-400 mg/wk (5-16 weeks)
Var 40-50 mg/d (13-16)

You may or may not gain weight with this depending on your diet but you will be bigger.

Okay so really dumb question but obviously steroids are not legal in the us so how do I even go about getting blood work ? And what exactly am I looking for the blood work to say ? Again guys I’m real ****ing sorry I have no clue about any of this stuff.

New Threads