What brand is everyone using nowadays for BCAA's?

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
I am using from myprotein. Unflavored was pretty cheap

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
I will need some aminos for 2 reasons: 1) during this cut, I will eventually be substituting red meat for all chicken. It has been my experience with my body that I need some additional aminos when I go to nearly all chicken. I have learned this the hard way. It might be just my body but that is how I respond to a lack of red meat. Without aminos, I become very lethargic on just chicken. 2) My last 4 weeks I will be adding fasted cardio first thing in the morning and then go home to eat and then do my workout a few hours later. All the research I have read is telling me that I will need some aminos following my fasted cardio. My meal between fasted cardio and my workout will be eggs/egg whites/steel cut oats and as far as I can tell, there is not enough aminos in there to prep my body for the following workout after doing fasted cardio.
Even if reason #2 doesn't make sense to most people, reason #1 is enough for me to know I need it from my past experience.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will need some aminos for 2 reasons: 1) during this cut, I will eventually be substituting red meat for all chicken. It has been my experience with my body that I need some additional aminos when I go to nearly all chicken. I have learned this the hard way. It might be just my body but that is how I respond to a lack of red meat. Without aminos, I become very lethargic on just chicken. 2) My last 4 weeks I will be adding fasted cardio first thing in the morning and then go home to eat and then do my workout a few hours later. All the research I have read is telling me that I will need some aminos following my fasted cardio. My meal between fasted cardio and my workout will be eggs/egg whites/steel cut oats and as far as I can tell, there is not enough aminos in there to prep my body for the following workout after doing fasted cardio.
Even if reason #2 doesn't make sense to most people, reason #1 is enough for me to know I need it from my past experience.

NhB4nsp.png

Last edited:

Oblivious

Reaction score
as much as people trash talk BCAA, it actually helped me and my friends with recovery alot, but hey I guess its not for everyone

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I remember how popular they were in the 80's, Amino fuel being one of the more popular ones that tasted like total shit. BB's were so consumed by the fact that they would wither up and blow away if they never ingested a ton of this stuff, hey I'm still here!
They might have their place, jury is still out on the overall benefit.

Last edited:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If anything amino short of a full g of protein, EAA's make tons more sense, but if you are not on a cut.....just get real food in you.

I did this dance for 10yrs, BCAA/EAA amino gains are tiny, almost pointless unless you can afford to drink bcaa lemonade half the day.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Can’t think of the name but I have a friend who loves it.. I’ll find out and edit the post.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
I feel sipping on Gatorade trumps all peri work out. Just my experiance....

andy

Elite
Reaction score
SAN, SN , RC. no particular reason, it's just that I work in supp shop and I got 40%off for all these brands and more. besides BCAA's or protein or whatever is same more or less doesn't matter what brand it is.

Reaction score
If anything amino short of a full g of protein, EAA's make tons more sense, but if you are not on a cut.....just get real food in you.

I did this dance for 10yrs, BCAA/EAA amino gains are tiny, almost pointless unless you can afford to drink bcaa lemonade half the day.

Haha that's facts

New Threads