Doctors

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I need some advice. My doctor gives me a shot of 200 mg test once a month to combat low t. I am wanting to either try to get him to up the mg or give me at least 2 shots a month or more. Has anyone else been in this situation? I would like to be able to hit a couple of cycles, but I don't want the doc to stop treating me. Any advice?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He is injecting you with test cypionate or test undecanoate? How often is he taking blood from you?

Rumpy

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He is injecting you with test cypionate or test undecanoate? How often is he taking blood from you?

Even on undecanoate I still pinned once a week. I feel best at around 200-250/week. 200 once a month would really make me feel shitty. Like Pill said, how often does he do labs and what is you TT?

As far as what to do, no idea, other than just talk to him. I would ask to do weekly injections at home, but that's really going to depend on the Dr.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My doc gave me shots for 2x a month...all is good! If all you’re asking about is running a cycle and you think getting two shots a month will hide it...it won’t. Sorry if that’s not what your asking:32 (20):

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
I’d say the only way of going about this would be to stay the course and just let the doc know you still don’t notice a difference etc.. docs will usually want you to stay the course for a bit before changing/upping dosages for any type of prescription.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
My doc gave me shots for 2x a month...all is good!

Not for everyone.
2x a month put me over the upper limit at my peak and under the lower limit at the trough.

OP, I never had any luck at all getting doctors to modify my injection protocol despite blood work evidence of the above. However, I was finally able to get them agree to me taking over my own injections. At that point, I was able to pin as frequently as I though necessary to maintain more stable levels while still maintaining the same dose.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I was going to write a bunch of ideas but truthfully, he has no idea what he's doing and you need to go some other place. Maybe ask to see an Endocrinologist.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I agree with snake, find a new doc or maybe try a clinic that lets you handle your own injections.
The first doc i went to about my TRT was going to do the same, inject in the office, when i told him id rather do it on my own he gave me some spill about doing it that way to prevent abuse.
IMO its just a way of getting you to come to the office to charge you for a visit. Find someone else.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
200mg 1x/month? if its Cyp or E your doc sucks... find a new one.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was going to write a bunch of ideas but truthfully, he has no idea what he's doing and you need to go some other place. Maybe ask to see an Endocrinologist.

200mg 1x/month? if its Cyp or E your doc sucks... find a new one.

This is basically where my leading question was leading.but devildoc makes a good point too.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
200 once a month is a hormone roller coaster. Even 200 every two wks. 200 once a wk is probably a common dose for guys on TRT here, or 200 E5D

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Find a new doc for your trt.

Not being on TRT, however even the VA offered me 200mg cyp bi-monthly while I was recovering. That seems to be the most common starting dosage so if dr. Shitforbrains isn’t going to up you, its not illegal and obv advises by other members to find a new doctor. You can google for reviews etc of ones in your area, something will surely pop up.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I just feel his Dr. is so far off base that he will never be able to close the gap. It's one thing when we see the Dr. doing every 14 days with 200; that's an easier fish to fry.

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
Is anyone from Alabama that could recommend a good trt doc. I'm from Birmingham, but I wouldn't mind driving.

New Threads