Kratom

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
So after getting to the fourth page, I believe the OPs initial question was, is there a place for Kratom in bodybuilding. I would say no. Not that you cant take it but there really isn't any beneficial properties as to a pump, muscle repair, etc. Now on the other hand, I think as Silver said, it does have a calming effect on you. Does it make you high, no. Sometimes it feels like it eases the tension or anxiety. I have a guy that works for me that will take some every once in a while, and about 15 minutes after he finishes his drink, he is back being focused and can concentrate on his job.

I have taken it myself and feel the same effects. Does it help pain? Maybe for some. I don't notice anything like that. I just get the same calming effect and increased focused, and not wanting to rip off the face of one of my co-workers. lol (long story)

I have heard that it can be addicting. I don't use it enough to have that happen. I also don't look at it as a recreational drug, just something to feel a bit more relaxed. There is a strain that helps with sleep as well. I think I am beyond repair for the sleep help though. lol

Anyway, just some of my thoughts..

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
There are loads of people who aren’t alcoholics hooked on benzodiazepines: most of them are prescribed large doses. Just like many opioid addicts. If you actually meant they were used to treat alcoholism and not just withdraw from alcohol, I’d be very interested in reviewing some material outlining how.
I believe we have a officially hijacked the fu ck out of this thread LOL

You may be right but I've never personally met anyone hooked on them that didn't have a drinking problem as well. Just my own personal experience I suppose, what is your experience with these?

I ask because most of the people I've met that take pills alone were taking pharmaceutical opiates.

Of course, I meant treatment as in withdrawal. The biggest problem is when they're prescribed to outpatient treatment, that normally doesn't work out well.

Last edited:

boxing45

Reaction score
So after getting to the fourth page, I believe the OPs initial question was, is there a place for Kratom in bodybuilding. I would say no. Not that you cant take it but there really isn't any beneficial properties as to a pump, muscle repair, etc. Now on the other hand, I think as Silver said, it does have a calming effect on you. Does it make you high, no. Sometimes it feels like it eases the tension or anxiety. I have a guy that works for me that will take some every once in a while, and about 15 minutes after he finishes his drink, he is back being focused and can concentrate on his job.

I have taken it myself and feel the same effects. Does it help pain? Maybe for some. I don't notice anything like that. I just get the same calming effect and increased focused, and not wanting to rip off the face of one of my co-workers. lol (long story)

I have heard that it can be addicting. I don't use it enough to have that happen. I also don't look at it as a recreational drug, just something to feel a bit more relaxed. There is a strain that helps with sleep as well. I think I am beyond repair for the sleep help though. lol

Anyway, just some of my thoughts..

I would have to agree with you. I don’t think it’s beneficial to bodybuilders, but it does make you feel pretty damn good lol. I have no idea how people get addicted to the stuff though, but I guess some people are more susceptible to addiction than others. As far as pump, training intensity, muscle repair, and sleep goes, it has absolutely no effect on these things. I think it is a good thing to use to “unwind” occasionally, but I definitely couldn’t take the stuff every day....

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Chris Bell made a documentary about it. Its on netflix. Its called leaf of faith

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Vice did a special on it.. Hamilton’s Pharmacoepia .. great series

Reactions: Jin

El Gringo

Reaction score
for bodybuilding Kratom works wonders, especially when cutting.
- kills your appetite like no other appetite suppressant or fat burner on the market.
- gives energy levels equal to 3 cups of coffee
- masks pain as if you took 6 200mg ibuprofens

It's kinda like taking an adderall with an oxy with very minimal euphoric effects.

It can be addicting tho. if you take it everyday then stop, you will feel really sore and lethargic. I don't know if it's from being in a calorie deficit and still being able to go hard in the gym or if the stuff is actually ****ing you up.

another side effect is dehydration, so watch your kidney and liver while taking the stuff.

Kratom is related to the coffee bean, so think of it as a super expresso. It also makes a cup of black coffee taste delicious, if you're comparing the 2.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love it. Been taking Urban Ice brand for several months, red bali 3-5 grams a day in the morning. Chills me out, reduces appetite, helps me focus, good mood, and reduces my back pain to almost non-existence. No it's not improving my DL but it has it's place in my regimen. Well maybe it does help my DL because it helps my pain so I train more--who knows.

Am I addicted? I don't think so. There will be days when I don't take it and it's not an issue.

Try it for yourself and you be the judge.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love it. Been taking Urban Ice brand for several months, red bali 3-5 grams a day in the morning. Chills me out, reduces appetite, helps me focus, good mood, and reduces my back pain to almost non-existence. No it's not improving my DL but it has it's place in my regimen. Well maybe it does help my DL because it helps my pain so I train more--who knows.

Am I addicted? I don't think so. There will be days when I don't take it and it's not an issue.

Try it for yourself and you be the judge.

Does it taste like battery acid though?

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I take the capsules usually. If you get the powder it's very hard to mix in water and is hard to stomach. No it doesn't taste like battery acid, it tastes like dirt, mixed with wheat grass, mixed with ass. It's pretty bad.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I take the capsules usually. If you get the powder it's very hard to mix in water and is hard to stomach. No it doesn't taste like battery acid, it tastes like dirt, mixed with wheat grass, mixed with ass. It's pretty bad.

It tastes worse than ass. Probably more like FD's ass.. lol

GSgator

Reaction score
I just saw this post. Kratom is the shit it literally saved my life. After getting hook on pain meds after my back injury I abused oxys for years. Then I went the suboxone route and those are pure evil kratom has allowed me to get past all that garbage.

Reaction score
it's a great herb but it is the major ingredient in a South Asian shammans formula that makes your mind like your dead. I'd just do it on the weekends in moderation.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
it's a great herb but it is the major ingredient in a South Asian shammans formula that makes your mind like your dead. I'd just do it on the weekends in moderation.
Bottomfreakkid welcome back fagboy

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

The pest is back.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I tried 2 different kinds last week. Didn’t feel a damn bit of a difference.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
I've used the red and green strands

Green seems to give me energy and red relaxes me to the point I'll sleep 7-8 hours and still be tired.

It is okay once a month but not everyday.

New Threads