How to make Ground Turkey taste good

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone figured out how to make this taste really good? Any specific seasonings or recipes?

Everything I’ve made tastes like a blander version of a beef or chicken meal.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lmao..just added a tad of salt....sure you’re shocked!!:)

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
My mom used to make meatloaf because ground beef didn’t sit with her well.. and burgers ... idk what she did but it always turned out pretty good. Lol

Reaction score
With ground turkey I brown it then add it into a pot with canned tomatoes black beans and corn( all drained). Add some black pepper, cumin and cayenne. Cook some rice while you are doing this and mix it all together.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
stir fry with a little olive oil, shredded cabbage and whole grain mustard.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I use it in my chili recipe. I always brown it in a pan before adding to the slow cooker in beef broth along with the seasonings. Then throw in all my veggies, spices, and sauces and slow cook for 8-10 hours

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use it in my chili recipe. I always brown it in a pan before adding to the slow cooker in beef broth along with the seasonings. Then throw in all my veggies, spices, and sauces and slow cook for 8-10 hours

"Browning your meat" means something totally different to the OP.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling triggered

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
if you're making burgers try adding one egg, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, Colvin Liquid smoke, fresh ground pepper and pink Himalayan salt.

I also like stuffing them with onions and jalapeno peppers.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I eat about a pound of lean ground Turkey a day. Burritos. Large flour tortilla, 1 cup cooked ground turkey, little bit of shredded cheese and I like bbq sauce. My wife preps a dozen or two a week, throw them in the freezer. I have to eat quickly between cases at work. 45 seconds in the microwave and about a minute to eat it. We buy the ground Turkey in the economy 4 packs at Costco

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I eat about a pound of lean ground Turkey a day. Burritos. Large flour tortilla, 1 cup cooked ground turkey, little bit of shredded cheese and I like bbq sauce. My wife preps a dozen or two a week, throw them in the freezer. I have to eat quickly between cases at work. 45 seconds in the microwave and about a minute to eat it. We buy the ground Turkey in the economy 4 packs at Costco

Adding carbs, dairy or a fat to it seems to be the way to make it taste good but defeats the point of having it as a “lean” option.

Can’t wait for the day I have your metabolism! It’s a nice reward for all the work you’ve put in!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Adding carbs, dairy or a fat to it seems to be the way to make it taste good but defeats the point of having it as a “lean” option.

Can’t wait for the day I have your metabolism! It’s a nice reward for all the work you’ve put in!

Yep...I’d only be eating the meat...lol..but it sounds good:32 (20):

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
Hot sauce oil pepper garlic salt stir fried with green peppers onions green beans topped with a bit of cheese and whatever else you like that makes it not taste so dry. Also, make a sunny side up egg and break the yolk on the turkey

New Threads