Trt Doc

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I have an appointment with a trt doc next week. I had posted a few weeks ago about the one I see now. I have talked to the nurse for the new doc and I feel the new doc will be able to help out a great deal. My question is what mg and how many times a month would be good to talk to him about? I don't want to come in with a crazy high request and I don't want to lowball myself either. Looking for some good advice. Thanks.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Seems more appropriate from what I’ve saw, most start with 200mg/cyp bi monthly and go from there.. I’m not on TRT, but I’m sure others will chime in.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
This isn't buying a used car bro. You're not in a negotiation. If your TRT doc is reasonable and knows what the fk he/she is doing they'll order labs, assess your symptoms of low T and your bloodwork, and prescribe a starting dose for you based on how you respond with respect to improvement of said symptoms and bloodwork. From there they'll order adjustments if/as needed.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
If hes going to prescribe you vials to do on your own try to get 200mgs per week (if that happens you hit the jackpot)

highly unlikely that will happen but it isn't a too a far fetched number to ask for in that case

but if hes going to have you in there for injections test cyp once a week or every 10 days type of deal

hes prolly going to start you off at 160 and dial it in from there which is the standard issue at Low T clinics

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
My blood work number was a few points from not even being on the scale. Which for a 38 year old is really low from what I've been reading. My uncle recommended the doc because he done wonders for him so I'm hoping that the doc can do the same for me. I will update after my appointment. Thanks everyone for the help.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My blood work number was a few points from not even being on the scale. Which for a 38 year old is really low from what I've been reading. My uncle recommended the doc because he done wonders for him so I'm hoping that the doc can do the same for me. I will update after my appointment. Thanks everyone for the help.

Just say no to transdermals

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I recently heard about the pellets, one of my friends is using them. Pros/Cons..?

Pros: no injections.
Cons: can't adjust test level until the pellet is fully utilized: 3+ months. implantation is more painful than injections.

It's for guys that don't want any part in managing their own TRT and/or don't like the idea of frequent injections IMO.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Pros: no injections.
Cons: can't adjust test level until the pellet is fully utilized: 3+ months. implantation is more painful than injections.

It's for guys that don't want any part in managing their own TRT and/or don't like the idea of frequent injections IMO.

my doc wants to put a pellet in me I said no thanks but I got this lol

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I hear average is like 125 mg a week. I do 75 mg every 5 days (so 450 mg a month).
Sweet spot for me, everyone's different. Any higher I see prostate issues, and way too high libido where I cant concentrate on anything else but F&^&%ng.

So work w/ your Doc to find your sweet spot via bloods and sides...

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
if your doc doesnt want to go 100/150mg a wk, keep looking for another one. That is almost a standard trt dose. inj only, the other options never work out as consistently as inj's

nightster

Elite
Reaction score
I'm at 100mg a week. Got me into the 730 range.. Also if they prescibe a refill every 90 days it makes for extra when it comes time to play..

Last edited:

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I only want injections. Transdermals do not absorb worth a crap and there is no way you are sticking a pellet inside of me.

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
Well as Zeigler put it, I hit the jackpot. The doc gave me 200 mg test cyp a week for 6 months to start. I go back for blood work in a month and a month after that. Now I need to find out what brands are better than others.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Well as Zeigler put it, I hit the jackpot. The doc gave me 200 mg test cyp a week for 6 months to start. I go back for blood work in a month and a month after that. Now I need to find out what brands are better than others.

Brands of testosterone from the pharmacy?

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I thought you were asking what brand I got. But yea, brands from the pharmacy.