What is your stand on pre-workouts

andy

Elite
Reaction score
so as I'm on AAS I found that I don't need pre-workouts and anyway,about 90% of case I didn't actually felt nothing crazy I loved the 5% kill it though.
so the buy gives me Kevin's shaaboom and says it's the bomb, I thought because of what's in there it might be good, but nothing .LOL

so anyway, whats your stand on pre-workouts? u take any and any recommendations ?

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
i keep some around for super low energy days but for the most part i just do coffee seems to do the trick just fine. I would be careful coming off preworkout cold turkey...in my experience it can cause some nasty headaches...but that could have just been me.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
agree on coffee part, a lot of times it's enought.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Nothing now but if I wake up really dragging then I use C4. I’ve tried a million things but that one is the mildest, just works and you can find it at every corner drugstore. (Me. Hyde if you want to feel like a crack head)

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you can buy 200, 200mg caffeine pills from walmart, walgreens, rite-aid, for 5/6 bux

If you want some taurine or beta alanine buy those in bulk and mix them

pre made, pre WO's are total BS and a major money maker from the big companies that sell them

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I have a coffee or a monster on the ride to the gym. Take 12.5mg of ephedrine and, a smoke.

Preworkouts = waste of money in my opinion.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I have a coffee or a monster on the ride to the gym. Take 12.5mg of ephedrine and, a smoke.

You're my kind of lady.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like my coffee like I like my women. Without someone else's dick in em.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
BANG energy drink and a 200mg caffeine tab when I'm dragging. Otherwise maybe some coffee. My body gets used to PWO's so fast. C4 sucks donkey balls for me. 3 scoops - nothing. Sure, I "feel" it but it's the added chemicals I feel, not energy. Most guys want to "feel" their PWO but what they don't realize is that they're just feeling the chemicals that are added to give you the physical effect of "feeling" it, it's not energy. Then it becomes psychological. And a lot of these added chemicals are counterintuitive to getting a pump.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
people build quick and big tolerance to caffeine, between morning coffee, after lunch coffee, 20oz energy drinks, Pre WO's, gum the gas stations sell with 20-40mg per piece, the list of shit goes on forever.

a break now and then is good but hard for most to do.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like my coffee like I like my women. Without someone else's dick in em.
That was a terrible mental image bud....thanks for that.

I don't and have never used a pre-workout outside of Five Finger Death Punch, but then again I've been caffeine free for years.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
BANG energy drink and a 200mg caffeine tab when I'm dragging. Otherwise maybe some coffee. My body gets used to PWO's so fast. C4 sucks donkey balls for me. 3 scoops - nothing. Sure, I "feel" it but it's the added chemicals I feel, not energy. Most guys want to "feel" their PWO but what they don't realize is that they're just feeling the chemicals that are added to give you the physical effect of "feeling" it, it's not energy. Then it becomes psychological. And a lot of these added chemicals are counterintuitive to getting a pump.

C4 definitely doesn’t do much but that’s exactly why I went back to it. Everything else was way to much since I’ve limited my caffeine as a whole.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, I use NOexplode. Used it for 4 years, same amount, with absolutely the same effect every single time. No problems when I don't take it. I also drink no caffeine, except for the occasional diet Coke, maybe one every week or two. I will say that I think NOexplode was not named for anything in it, but for the explosive sh*t that occurs within an hour of ingesting. I like it because it wakes me the fk right up and keeps me up for my workouts, which are kind of long.

Chillinlow

Reaction score

Isnt a monster pretty much the same just mixed and even more over priced lmao

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I remember using NOexplode back in the day haha

Yeah, simply the first preworkout I tried and it's been consistent and no problems. In fact, I don't believe I've ever tried any others.