HWC's First DNP Run

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Who knows, it could be my only one. We will see.

Today is actually day #2. Woke up at 242.6lbs.

Yesterday I felt mostly normal aside from some slight lethargy. Around 9pm I started getting unusually hot, was sweating in my living room wearing shorts and a tshirt on the couch. Kind of knew what was coming so I went to Walmart and bought a floor fan to use along with the ceiling fan. Slept very heavy, no issues there and thankfully was not soaked in sweat when I got up.

Took my second dose today and feel normal so far. I have been drinking a ton of water and keeping cals around 2100 or so. I'm planning on running it for two weeks at 200mg's to see what kind of loss I can get, if things are fine at 200 I may bump up to 400 but I'm really in no rush at the moment, just feeling things out.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
Who knows, it could be my only one. We will see.

Today is actually day #2. Woke up at 242.6lbs.

Yesterday I felt mostly normal aside from some slight lethargy. Around 9pm I started getting unusually hot, was sweating in my living room wearing shorts and a tshirt on the couch. Kind of knew what was coming so I went to Walmart and bought a floor fan to use along with the ceiling fan. Slept very heavy, no issues there and thankfully was not soaked in sweat when I got up.

Took my second dose today and feel normal so far. I have been drinking a ton of water and keeping cals around 2100 or so. I'm planning on running it for two weeks at 200mg's to see what kind of loss I can get, if things are fine at 200 I may bump up to 400 but I'm really in no rush at the moment, just feeling things out.

Damn man, you should have waited for winter LOL

Good luck man, I tried it once and wasn't really that impressed. I hope it works out for you though.

Quick question though, are you concerned with your thyroid issues while running this stuff?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah thyroid was definitely a concern, but I'm watching it closely. I know when issues begin to bubble up in that area for sure.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck man!!!

As for the thyroid...do you have issues with yours? (Maybe i missed it)

Im running 800mgs currently right now...600 is my tolerance level and 800 is my I hate myself level.

interested in following your 1st run! Make sure you have some good electrolytes on hand and some good pepto supply for your 1st week

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tnanks Mets!

For heartburn I'm already on prescription Omeprazole and have plenty of supporting meds around for if/when that doesn't work.

On thyroid, yes, I have Hashimoto's disease which is essentially an autoimmune disorder in regards to the thyroid specifically. I take prescribed T3 to level it out and I don't typically have issues when doing so. I will be needing some electrolytes for sure, thanks for all the tips brother.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
If you're already on T3 then I don't expect any thyroid issues.
DNP transiently lowers T4, T3, etc forcing your thyroid to work a bit harder to produce the same amount. It's insignificant and doesn't require any action. T4>T3 conversion naturally drops when dieting anyway but, again, non-issue if you're already on medication.
FWIW, I've been on it for 5 months now, not dieting, with zero thyroid issues (bloodwork every 2 months).

Now, any other potential interaction with your condition is another story. Not exactly a well researched area but, worse case scenario, the negative effects will be short lived :)

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tnanks Mets!

For heartburn I'm already on prescription Omeprazole and have plenty of supporting meds around for if/when that doesn't work.

On thyroid, yes, I have Hashimoto's disease which is essentially an autoimmune disorder in regards to the thyroid specifically. I take prescribed T3 to level it out and I don't typically have issues when doing so. I will be needing some electrolytes for sure, thanks for all the tips brother.

Ah I did not know that...that would explain it. Im a type1 diabetic so thats why I asked b/c I am on synthroid. I never really notice any difference but again, completely different situation. As Ripped mentioned, will be interesting to see and def keep an eye on it to see how your body responds.

Oh i dont mean for heart burn...more like the other end burn. A lot of people will get the runs the 1st couple of days. Def keep your electrolytes in order as you are going to need them the more you take. Pedialyte gets $$$ so I would suggest gatorade, just get you some vitamins at WM (will last longer) and a bottle of V8 low sodium (Ive started to love the taste of it this run).

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Day 3 241.4lbs.

Felt fine for the most part other than some additional heat and being a little more tired, nothing I can't handle though. I did eat more than I should have yesterday, hunger is increasing dramatically. Continuing to drink water like a mad man and have also continued with my daily regimen of a multi, fish oil, etc. Sleep has been really good lately.

Ah I did not know that...that would explain it. Im a type1 diabetic so thats why I asked b/c I am on synthroid. I never really notice any difference but again, completely different situation. As Ripped mentioned, will be interesting to see and def keep an eye on it to see how your body responds.

Oh i dont mean for heart burn...more like the other end burn. A lot of people will get the runs the 1st couple of days. Def keep your electrolytes in order as you are going to need them the more you take. Pedialyte gets $$$ so I would suggest gatorade, just get you some vitamins at WM (will last longer) and a bottle of V8 low sodium (Ive started to love the taste of it this run).
Thanks Mets. When my thyroid begins to give me issues I start to notice a difficulty swallowing or I'm at least aware of a feeling when I do it, so far no issues. We picked up some gatorade and I'll be getting some pepto today as well, really appreciate all of the help.

Last edited:

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Good luck brother. Keep an eye on your health.. I know how stubborn we can be.

Rah.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Day 3 241.4lbs.

Felt fine for the most part other than some additional heat and being a little more tired, nothing I can't handle though. I did eat more than I should have yesterday, hunger is increasing dramatically. Continuing to drink water like a mad man and have also continued with my daily regimen of a multi, fish oil, etc. Sleep has been really good lately.

Thanks Mets. When my thyroid begins to give me issues I start to notice a difficulty swallowing or I'm at least aware of a feeling when I do it, so far no issues. We picked up some gatorade and I'll be getting some pepto today as well, really appreciate all of the help.

good work man! yeah thats def something to keep an eye on with the thyroid. on a good note on it, at least you are aware if it begins to give you an issue. you know what you are doing in that dept for sure it seems tho!

good deal picking up the gatorade. Id get the G2 to keep the sugar down tho, no sense in adding to it by drinking it, just need to good stuff in it. you may not need the pepto but if you do, youll be happy its already at your house hahah!

New Threads