First cycle in years

Reaction score
What’s up. I’m new to this board (and boards in general really) so I did quite a few cycles back in college and just after, so I’m not completely ignorant with all this, but I’m 37 now, and life came at me hard for a while and I’ve let myself go. But I’m lookin to get back into it, but being the size I was back then (5’9” 225lb 10-12%BF) just isn’t sustainable for me at this stage of my life. So I’m looking for suggestions to burn fat, increase muscle but like Cross-fit caliber not Huge. I realize a lot of this is in the kind of training I do, but I’m wondering how to change up my cycle from what I was doing in college. I was thinking just a simple Test/Tren stack but hoping someone can give me a bit more insight.

Thanks fellas.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What you should do and need to do first before running AAS again is get back to spending some consistent time in the gym while fixing your diet. Get back into a good constant rhythm, get back into some decent shape then think about running a little something. If in fact you were in good shape before it won't take a long time getting some of it back.

Reaction score
Agree with Seek, you need to get back into things prior to jumping on blast.

Curious of your reasoning. Not disagreeing with you (in fact it makes perfect sense) but just wondering if it’s because I might sound like I’m treating this as a magic pill. I definitely understand the work that has to be put in. I was a gym rat for years so I definitely get it. But if there is more of a physiological reasoning behind it, I’d be interested to hear it. Because I was in terrible shape my sr year in college and literally 3-4 weeks into a cycle, it was like I was a different person.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Curious of your reasoning. Not disagreeing with you (in fact it makes perfect sense) but just wondering if it’s because I might sound like I’m treating this as a magic pill. I definitely understand the work that has to be put in. I was a gym rat for years so I definitely get it. But if there is more of a physiological reasoning behind it, I’d be interested to hear it. Because I was in terrible shape my sr year in college and literally 3-4 weeks into a cycle, it was like I was a different person.
Sure thing. I actually addressed some of that in your intro thread.

-You're no longer in your twenties (its still not advisable if you are)
-Being overweight usually means your blood pressure is likely high, a constant battle for most using gear as this becomes compounded.
-Jumping on at 1000% bodyfat will make your estrogen along with other side effects very difficult to control.
-Being out of shape and overweight you will not have the ability to train with the intensity and duration needed to get the full benefit of the drugs you're using.
-Your ligaments and other associated "white tissues" will not be able to keep up with the strength gains from AAS.
-It's a nearly impossible leap to correct diet, training, AND assume a solid dosing and administration protocol of AAS all at the same time.
-You will be FAR more prone to injury as you progress.

These are just the reasons I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure others can chime in with additional reasons to NOT do what you're talking about.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
I agree with HWC on this one. Train for a good 6 months, get bloodwork done, diet right and then think about running a moderate test only cycle

Reaction score
Good call fellas, I’m actually gonna start putting together a program that is workable for me, this week. I can’t go back to the same stuff I was doing back in the day. I think that’s part of the problem. I need to switch it up. More compound movements, work for time rather than reps, stuff like that. Not full-on CrossFit but something that keeps it interesting.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
your body is an amazing organism.. you will be amazed at what you can accomplish before taking that leap. Keep your chin up.

New Threads