Seeking advice

Reaction score
The fastest gains are also the fastest lost. At 19 with about 4 years of training I wouldn't call you
an intermediate lifter. Not being a dick, but you're just getting started. And why do you think you should do a bro split if you're on AAS? This line of thinking indicates time you need more experience and reserch before gearing up. You have a lot of good gains you can make without hormones, and if your clients are sharp they're gonna notice and respect the fact more that your not going up and down the size yo yo , which is what I would predict at your current age, level of experience and knowledge. You're going to do what you want anyway, and good luck to you. Just giving honest straight forward feedback to your posts brother.

Accordinng to what I’ve read online, with how much I lift and how quickly I am able to add on weight I would fall into the intermediate category (according to what has been written by others). And everywhere I’ve read says for optimal gains on AAS you should train at least 5 days/week. If not this then what is your outlook/belief on this?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Accordinng to what I’ve read online, with how much I lift and how quickly I am able to add on weight I would fall into the intermediate category (according to what has been written by others). And everywhere I’ve read says for optimal gains on AAS you should train at least 5 days/week. If not this then what is your outlook/belief on this?

He didn't mention anything about training frequency. Only the split.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
What’s wrong with the split

Science says to hit each body part twice a week for optimal gains, not once. That was BRICKS point. People still use the bro split with good results even though the data says it isn't as optimal for muscle growth as more frequent training of each muscle group.

BTW bricks is one of the biggest guys on this board and low bodyfat.

Knowing this his type of stuff will get you more clients than being huge.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I was planning on running my first cycle here soon but after reading through a lot of forums and threads I have now become some what scared, I am 19 and mainly scared of erectile dysfunction or having to be on TRT the rest of my life. I have been training for about 4 years, I am currently 180 pounds, my bench press 1 RM is 275, my dead lift 1RM is 405, and I have never maxed on squat but my 5x5 max is 330 Lb. I track all of my calories and eat healthy foods. I was planning on running test E 250 mg 2x per week for weeks 1-12 and Dbol 30 mg daily for weeks 1-4, have arimidex from day one .5 mg eod and for PCT I have clomid and Toremifene but I can get Nolvadex If need be? Also can get HCG if need be but do not have it on hand as of yet. All advice or recommendations are appreciated

AAS before your mid twenties is a bad idea unless you're ok with TRT or low normal test levels forever. For some people's goals this may be worth it but you're 19 and your reason for using is not very good.

Let your HPA axis stabilize in your twenties before you start messing with it.

Reactions: Jin

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score

Ah but in what context is that written? If you're talking about a lifetime commitment to a bodybuilding lifestyle, then I'm sorry but I disagree. I understand in your 20s you have a different perspective. Live the life of one the the truly dedicated brothers on this board for a week and that perspective will change. You quote a lot of what you've read, but an intermediate bodybuilder would have a fair grasp on some of the more basic things as being true or not. How much you lift is not one of those defining things IMO. I know several men that are stronger than I am that I would bury in the gym.

As Jin pointed out, it's not how many days a week you train, its how often you train each body part. I speak from a bodybuilding perspective as I am not a powerlifter and defer that to the experts. From a bodybuilding perspective you should be training each body part as frequently as possible that personally gives you the best growth. Research has shown this to be twice a week. Now, this may not be optimal for everyone as we are all different. Personally I train pretty much on a PPL 3 days on one day off routine but have found after 35 years and doing pretty much every split you can think of, that I respond best on that routine but I may train 4, 5 or 6 days straight without a day off, and sometimes I will train 2 days then a day off. I listen to what my body tells me it needs.

Training clients is a business. If I needed a trainer, as a consumer my question would be since I am paying you what do you have to offer me? "I am huge" is not gonna cut it. Your knowledge, COUPLED with your experience, is gonna be where you make your money. As far as AAS in your 20s goes, that's kinda like hitting the NOX switch when you haven't got the excellerator to the floor yet. Or blowing your load before you're balls deep.

Last edited:

New Threads