DarthMaanz Madcow 5x5 training log

Reaction score
Just completed week 4’s wendsday workout, 4th set of deadlifts was 355x5, then went to standing over head press, was able to hit all five reps for 165x5 on the fourth set (last week I missed the last rep), and then squatted sets 3 and 4 for 255x5. Also 3x10 pull-ups and 3x30 sitting calf raises. Monday’s workout was completed as well missed no reps, excited about bench press going up I hit sets 4 and 5 for 255x5 which last year my 1RM was 255 so at least I know I’m gaining some strength. Can’t wait to be benching 315 and able to deadlift 500!

Reaction score
Also going to up calories to 4,000-4,500 on days that I work out because at 3,700 calories a day I still LOST a half a pound-a full pound this last week and I’m trying to gain weight.

strongassnurse

Reaction score
Also I know I originally said I’m going to do this program for 8 weeks, I now plan on extending it to 16 weeks and then testing my new 1 rep Maxes. After that possibly trying out the 5/3/1 program or does anyone else have any better recommendations?

I think that 5/3/1, cube method, lilliebridge method, conjugate method, juggernaut, etc can all be really effective for gaining strength and some size. My two cents is to run them exactly as they are written. I say this because I would always modify programs to what I thought fit me best and while I think that did help me get to where I am now with programming as I've been doing my own program based off principals I learned from the other programs I've run fairly successfully for a little over a year, I think it also caused me to leave pounds off my total because I inevitably ****ed up a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Week 4-Friday’s workout
squat set 4:315x5, set 5: 350x4 (I did an extra rep because I felt like it), set 6 255x8. Had some lower back pain during squats.
bench press set 4: 225x5, set 5: 255x3, set 6 185x8.
barbell back row: set 4: 175x5, set 5: 195x3, set 6: 145x8
I then did some light weight high rep assistance work on arms and got an awesome pump, felt like I looked like the hulk lol good vascularity and looking more full. Eating 4,000 calories a day is a bitch and it makes my stomach hurt sometimes, other night I tried to use milk to get more calories but I ended up really bloated, feeling sick, and was farting a lot and they smelt terrible lol.

Reaction score
Also going to start supplementing creatine again as of next week after cycling off of it for a month so should see a little strength increase with that. About at the end of my libido/test boosters, I’m not sure about increasing gym performance but I definitely wake up with morning wood way more and am more sexually aggressive in bed, I have no doubt it helps enhance my sex life lbs I can only imagine what the real test must make you all feel like on it.

Reaction score
For you all that don’t know me I have had sexual problems in the past, have never ran a cycle or anything but I had just gotten out of prison and about a month later I got a girlfriend. Well at the beginning I couldn’t get hard at all really, and then I started to be able to get hard when she gave me head and for the past month about I have absolutely no problem getting hard just by rubbing on her or thinking about sex most the time. And I started taking this supplements about a month ago so I do see a correlation there.

Reaction score
Completed week 5 day 1 today.
squat set 5: 285x5 (easy) about 1 min rest in between sets.
bench press set 4 and 5: 260Lbx5
barbell row set 4 and 5:190x5
over the weekend I had drank and smoked a lil bit of dabs. I can definitely tell it makes me a little less motivated/feel as powerful in the gym so I am just gonna cut that crap out of my life completely. Also had gained a pound and a half since last week and I’m pretty much 100% positive I’ve gained too much because of the alcohol and the slight overeating yesterday. Weighed in this morning at 181.6 pounds.

Reaction score
When I switch to bodybuilding I definitely need to work on my side delts lol. Also want to learn how to pose here soon.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
There’s no better time than today to start doing something

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
Completed week 5 day 1 today.
squat set 5: 285x5 (easy) about 1 min rest in between sets.
bench press set 4 and 5: 260Lbx5
barbell row set 4 and 5:190x5
Damn dude, you went from a Bench max of 175lbs. for one to a 260lbs. bench for multiple set of 5 in five weeks. Great work man, keep at it and belated Welcome to the Underground.
Furthermore, you wanting to build a base before using any AAS is extremely smart. Don't cave early, get ON when you are ready not "just because". That coming from someone who had an UNLIMITED amount of natural gains I could have made but jumped on AAS "because".

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn dude, you went from a Bench max of 175lbs. for one to a 260lbs. bench for multiple set of 5 in five weeks. Great work man, keep at it and belated Welcome to the Underground.
Furthermore, you wanting to build a base before using any AAS is extremely smart. Don't cave early, get ON when you are ready not "just because". That coming from someone who had an UNLIMITED amount of natural gains I could have made but jumped on AAS "because".

My bench max when starting this program was 275 if I put 175 that was my mistake. I’m sure my bench max has went up some though as well, I wouldn’t be surprised if I could hit 295 for 1 now. But thank you, and yeah I know when I posted this originally I was just planning on building a base and then going but now I’m almost positive I’ll wait about 3 more years and go right when I turn 22, I feel I should definitely be ready by then and it’s right before my stuff will reach it’s expiration date because I was stupid and had already bought all the stuff for my first cycle lol.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Meaning start working on them now so you don’t have as much to work for later.

but looking good brother keep up the hard work.

Reaction score
Meaning start working on them now so you don’t have as much to work for later.

but looking good brother keep up the hard work.

i hear you I don’t know when would be an appropriate place to put some side lateral raises in my program if any. Maybe on the wendsdays workout. As for posing I guess I can start learning that ASAP.

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
What do you mean by that?
He means, do some side lateral raises, upright rows, other isolation exercises after your 5x5 sets are done. Don't go crazy, you could do strict reps at light weight for like 12-20 reps to get a pump after your bench day or when you think. There would probably be ZERO impact on your 5x5, long as you weren't ego lifting slinging heavy weight around.
Don't be afraid to use light weight and rep shit when the time is right.
I don't remember everything programmed in 5x5, but OHP could be used as well.
PRO TIP: Work your rear delts. Front and side delt get work from other stuff like benching, the rear delt is often over looked. Do face-pulls (proper), they are a great rear delt exercise and awesome exercise for shoulder health in general.

Reaction score
you look like you’re in your 40s

i know I look a lot older than my age I even have a receding hairline at the age of 19. It’s all bad lol but yeah that’s definitely me and I’m 19.

New Threads