Thanks

R.I.P Stephen Perez and a life behind bars for Daniel keene, My Army buddies

You start to wonder how ****ed up our deployments really were after this happens to friends

Stephen Perez
    The test of a man's character is what it takes to stop him.

Thanks

Re: R.I.P Stephen Perez and a life behind bars for Daniel keene, My Army buddies

damn man, thats ****ed up!
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

Thanks

Re: R.I.P Stephen Perez and a life behind bars for Daniel keene, My Army buddies

Very sad INf and the worst part of all this is when you go for help cause you don`t feel ok from your head,nightmares, headches, insomnia,lack of appetite etc. they just told you need to talk to someone to let that go....****ING BS. Sorry for your battles bro is **** up

Thanks

Thanks guys. Keene was in my sniper platoon in iraq and to say the least we did some work there. But the ****ed up part is he kept in touch with the guys from our deployment and was having some major problems like the rest of us but the VA doesnt help. They just put us on meds and say your fine, if we were so fine why did one of the most humble, easy to talk to guys Ive ever known, kidnap and murder 2 people? And Perez went to afghanistan with us and just got back in October and was shot in the back because some kid wanted to fight him and instead of taking an ass beating like a man, pulled out a gun, and killed him. Shit's insane right now.
    The test of a man's character is what it takes to stop him.

Thanks

One thing I want to tell you Inf, no matter what or at what time or anything just let me know if needs someone to talk. I had lot of shit going on right now. Starting this deploymet with the lost of my brother in Kandahar in 2011 right before I was getting deploy, being blown up, shot at, back injuries,hearing lost I need an MRI to scan a black spot on my head. Guess what they have done for me??? not a got damn shittttt, instead SGM wnats to bar me to re-enlist and chapter me out for some bullshit. All this kind of stuff affect guys like us here and your friends are just victims of this war and VA just let them die slowly and without help. Once again sorry for all this you going thru now...

Thanks

Originally Posted by Infantry87 View Post
    Thanks guys. Keene was in my sniper platoon in iraq and to say the least we did some work there. But the ****ed up part is he kept in touch with the guys from our deployment and was having some major problems like the rest of us but the VA doesnt help. They just put us on meds and say your fine, if we were so fine why did one of the most humble, easy to talk to guys Ive ever known, kidnap and murder 2 people? And Perez went to afghanistan with us and just got back in October and was shot in the back because some kid wanted to fight him and instead of taking an ass beating like a man, pulled out a gun, and killed him. Shit's insane right now.
    Damn thats some crazy shit. I got out same time as Perez, back in Oct.

Yeah the VA aint great over here niether, but atleast it's something for now because apparently it's about to get shut down from budget cuts. So instead of a 25 min drive I gotta drive over an hour to get to the nearest VA.

Thanks

Im with you guys, this army has become an check the block and cover ur ass organization. And now with all these downsizing theres a lot of good troops getting screwed and barred for reenlistment for stupid reasons like seeking help for the problems that serving their country has caused them.

They always make it seem that they offer you help, but on the other hand you get punnished for triying to get help. For example on my unit, if a soldier needsto go to sick call and see a doc you have to be there at 0400. If they get a profile, they automatically get barred for re-up. Go to behaivoral health, ur barred from re up. The doc gives you medication thet migh make you drousy, they take away your car and trow you in the barraks. I could go on forever.

And like our sergeant major of the army had the nerve to call our injured troops "dead wood" and we need to get rid of them.

I guess story repeats itself, remember vietnam when our troops were getting called "baby killers". I woulda've felt better getti g called a baby killer by the country i served, then seen the injustice is been mado towards those who served.
    US Goverment Policy: If It Ain't Broken, Fix It Till It Is.