tails

Reaction score
ok so i didnt get a very good response on my last post. maybe this one will be better. haha. sh*t. So if you dont know tails preety much is a temporary instance of a computer with an operating system. So when you boot it up from your usb or dvd, it acts as a different computer from the one your own.

Tails automatically runs all the internet traffic through tor and when you are done with whatever it is your doing you and power down, the computer is gone. Its easy to install and you can preety much google how to do it. The difference between the booting from the usb and dvd is that on the usb you can partition the memory to store programs or wallets and have those things boot up with each new instance. The dvd boot will be a completely wiped and would be a clean fresh re-boot each time. Both have their obvious advantages and disadvantages.

When you use tails, they do not recommend vpns, but if you put the vpn in the router (you can make your own or purchase one) and connect through the vpn and then tor. If the tor exit node that your using is compromised and they're able to track it back they will come to a vpn server and they would have to compromise that vpn provider also.

There is also something similar called whonix. I am not as familiar with this, this one is a virtual machine and i've only messed around with it once. I was having a hard time setting this one up, on my particular machine but tails ran beautifully.

So you can add this to your arsenal, and even though im catching some slack thanks ugbb for leting me join. cause apparently its hard to sign up when using tor or my email service provider. anyways what gave me the idea to start posting on privacy was that i was creepying on another forum that had a cryptocurrency section and nobody seemed to know and if they did they werent posting.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
This is a steroid board.

Nobody understands what you are talking about and nobody cares.

We we don't need to be paranoid about ordering our gear because we don't do it through websites.

Reaction score
ok, i just saw a section for this type of stuff on another forum and they wouldnt let me join cause they said i was a spammer, but ugbb did. I understand this is a steroid forum, but there are people that order from the internet, i mean arent there? i have my own reasons to be paranoid and yea im freakin socially retarded so if i came off wrong, my bad. but i still think this info can help because when i read about busts, their setups are amateur at best. there has to be an audience for this stuff in our world it cant just be me. and if this is the way i can stick it to the system than why not

Reaction score
maybe i should put the posts in a different section? i have no idea

Reaction score
and if you dont go through website than who ever your source is should have protected services too, such as wickr or what not, so no matter where you get your gear from you still have to be paranoid

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I miss regular

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had some fantastic onion and oxtail soup last week

andy

Elite
Reaction score
while we on the subject - last week I had two big mac's in one sitting. i love off-season what more can I say...

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
strange charachter to say the least...

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I had some fantastic onion and oxtail soup last week

What did you flavor it with? Salt and pepper seems to ordinary. - eagerly awaiting your culinary response.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Vidalia onion, melted gruyere, sourdough crouton... oxtail

Lightly added pepper. I figured there was enough sodium in it so I didn't even need additional salt

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Vidalia onion, melted gruyere, sourdough crouton... oxtail

Lightly added pepper. I figured there was enough sodium in it so I didn't even need additional salt

The buildup was worth it. You didn’t let me down. I enjoyed the release.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can you help with my Vic 20, it has 5k of memory and uses cassette tapes for running programs?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone use invisible ink and decipher rings anymore?

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tails is not an easy OS to install
It is easy to use once installed correctly

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes but it just led to my keyboard being goooey. (Not in a good way)

Was that the “home made” invisible ink? ....Never mind. I am better off not knowing

New Threads