Well...I'm Ready to Share...Hopefully it Can Help Folks in Whatever Way..

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
Wow! Being relatively new to the UG, I didn’t know any of this. I have a ton of respect for your strength and your positive and realistic attitude. You certainly inspired me today and helped me to gain perspective on what’s really important.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
no medication on earth should cost $14,000/month, what complete bullshit. It's things like that that really piss me off :32 (4):

This right here...i thought my trt was expensive...14k a month is just greed..nothing more

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
This right here...i thought my trt was expensive...14k a month is just greed..nothing more

Without millions of dollars in research there would be no 14K/month treatment. There are two sides to every coin and it's hard to sort out what is justified and what is greed based on solely a dollar figure.

Personally i I think a lot is greed but there are extreme costs in reassert get and developing new cures. Who pays for them? The company out of altruism?

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Without millions of dollars in research there would be no 14K/month treatment. There are two sides to every coin and it's hard to sort out what is justified and what is greed based on solely a dollar figure.

Personally i I think a lot is greed but there are extreme costs in reassert get and developing new cures. Who pays for them? The company out of altruism?

Good point....and yea i guess i never really thought about how much the research costs. Would be interested to see some costs on some of this really...probably not public record tho.

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
True it can be very expensive for research, however, I am pretty sure most is done with govt and privately funded grants? I still think it’s a sham what they charge though..

everyone remembers “pharma bro” .. he is just peanuts compared to these huge corporations.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
True it can be very expensive for research, however, I am pretty sure most is done with govt and privately funded grants? I still think it’s a sham what they charge though..

everyone remembers “pharma bro” .. he is just peanuts compared to these huge corporations.

Government grants? Maybe some, but pennies on the research dollar. Private grants? Maybe a couple altruistic foundations, sure.

Big pharma is out to make money. They invest the millions and reap the tens of millions. Like it or not they're much if the reason people are living longer theses days. Also remember that once the patent expires the public can benefit from their investment with zero return to the discovering corporation by buying cheap generic versions of the meds.

Capitalism drives innovation and brings forth new, life saving drugs. Not your government and not charities.

*but I do agree that there is exploitation on markups from big pharma. These are often paid by insurance and this is a reason insurance is so unaffordable for many.

I am playing Devils advocate here to a degree:)

The system needs better regulation but it's far better than relying on the government!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'm such an asshole. Lost sight of the fact that this was jenners very important thread.

Sorry to derail you love! So glad you get the goodies for free!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm such an asshole. Lost sight of the fact that this was jenners very important thread.

Sorry to derail you love! So glad you get the goodies for free!

hahahaha...you and me both...in the beginning I went through a few sides I was afraid to deal with but they went away in a couple of weeks..thank god!

I agree with both sides but at this stage, I’m happy as fuuuck my oncologist is the type that handles business..and that’s something you can’t thank enough..he’s the fuuuckin bomb!! Shit...he’s only 1 1/2 after my partner...not # 2 lmao!!!!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Government grants? Maybe some, but pennies on the research dollar. Private grants? Maybe a couple altruistic foundations, sure.

Big pharma is out to make money. They invest the millions and reap the tens of millions. Like it or not they're much if the reason people are living longer theses days. Also remember that once the patent expires the public can benefit from their investment with zero return to the discovering corporation by buying cheap generic versions of the meds.

Capitalism drives innovation and brings forth new, life saving drugs. Not your government and not charities.

*but I do agree that there is exploitation on markups from big pharma. These are often paid by insurance and this is a reason insurance is so unaffordable for many.

I am playing Devils advocate here to a degree:)

The system needs better regulation but it's far better than relying on the government!

2 biggest reasons we live longer today

Sanitation - safe food, potable water, proper waste water disposal

And

Vaccine. One of my favorite stories about life expectancy changes due to vaccine comes from the 1918 flu pandemic. It dropped the American males life expectancy to like 34 years lol

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And yes.....staying alive is WAY different these days....people live after brain cancer..I know some that had it years ago and are just fine..I plan to be one of them. Sad part is still many folks believe cancer..no matter what is death..and that shits over with!!

Reactions: Jin

bplebo75

Reaction score
Keep fighting and moving on you will be fine. No doubt about it. Thanks for sharing needed a lift this morning. Wish you the best always !

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Btw, something I've always tripped on...with everything that's happened in my late 40's til now....I feel awesome..not even close to my age...lmao...I just told a friend that maybe my parents put the wrong birth date on my certificate..fuuuck life can be amazing!!:eek:

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t even begin to imagine hearing such news! You’re outlook on your situation is absolutely amazing. Truly inspirational. I’m a strong believer in what the mind can achieve. Having that positive attitude goes along way in mind and body. Wishing you the very best Jen!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Congrats on all the progress

i bet that birth cert is off as well. not many doing what you are

New Threads