Well...I'm Ready to Share...Hopefully it Can Help Folks in Whatever Way..

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So, on my eighth month since Stage 4 Brain Cancer surgery...and I'm actually ok finally talking about it..:D I'm sure most members don't know or remember..in 2014 I had Stage 1A lung cancer..which was the earliest possible stage so I had the surgery and moved on back to regular life...BUT and god only knows when, a red cell went from the lung to the brain.

I remember in January I started a thread about the strange ass shit my body was doing...well not very long after stating that..I ended up in the emergency room on a Sunday because I knew I wouldn't make it in to work on Monday (as that Friday at work I had to lay on a couch in a back office and that same Friday I had an appt. to see my regular Dr. and he had me do a few things and said..get a brain MRI asap and we made an appt for the brain MRI on the up coming Wed but..... ) shit hit the fan.

Something else that made me know shit was wrong was one day at work, I answered the phone and it was a sub I have talked to a million times over the years..when I put him on hold...went to tell my boss he was on the phone..I totally forgot his name..that's when I started to realize my memory was an issue.

Once at emergency, after discussing shit they knew brain MRI was # 1 thing to do and there you go...brain tumor and was set up for removal...didn't have to ask me twice because as far as I'm concerned....get the shit out of my body and lets move on! I didn't stress or cry..just handled business...it's the only way I know how to be...have been my whole life...it's a blessing for sure!

So, the day after and still today I'm dealing with the following things until the brain decides to get over what happened...

1. Def in my right ear
2. Issues with my right eye (was seeing double but not anymore but it's not completely back to normal)
3. I have to be careful walking and driving with my eyes (looking side to side can be an issue..just have to do it pretty slow) I can't drive on the freeway at night
4. Tingling through my left side head and face
5. Not full taste back
6. Not full smell back
7. My legs and feet have been the extreme issue I have been dealing with and I can not even walk completely normal yet (I would assume some folks might think I'm drunk)
8. I went from 136 lbs down to 118 lbs when shit was bad and now 125 lbs holding

This is my life at the moment...and I'm just happy as fuuuck to be alive as I'm not ready to go...however long I have to deal with this stuff, I'll take it.:D

I'm extremely lucky to have a beautiful family and small cell of friends for support, not to mention a great job that I just started back at last week...I've been so lucky they have treated me like family...

If you want to live, you'll do whatever it takes to make it happen...and I'll tell you one thing...I don't have time for anything but living and enjoying life..all the bullshit I used to stress about, it doesn't exist anymore..live life as if everyday could be the last!!

Last edited:

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lmao..something else I’m dealing with..

1. Loss of memory on names of things and people...numbers I remember fully...it’s weird

I’m sure I’ll think of something else..

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Jen,

Thank you for your inspiration. I can easily lose sight of all the greatness life has to offer when things don't go my way. I will be revisiting your post for a dose of reality during those times.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I can really get behind you on where you've been, and moving forward. Not having time for the B.S in life is an outstanding model to follow. You give me the hope and motivation to navigate through life Jen, and for that I say CHEERS!

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Youre a fighter, amazing gal. My younger brother died last year from colon cancer at age 47, so we know it doesnt discriminate.
My bro-inlaw (Sisters hubby) is also in treatment for stage 4 liver cancer, he seems to be doing well though, tumor shrinking.

Keep breathing defiance!!

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jen,
You continue to inspire me...you are amazing! Many adjectives come to mind; courageous, fierce, strong willed, intelligent, inspiring, beautiful, intelligent, ...wow I said that one twice! Anyway, I hope you get my drift. Keep up the good fight, people like you are a rarity and the world needs more of them.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Not to make light of it, but I think part of it is the world trying to balance out. You were born with more motivation and dedication then most so it has to throw you much harder challenges to get you back down to the rest of our levels!

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jen God Bless You and wish u nothing but speedy recovery from all this, thank u for sharing this.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So much respect for how ye carry yerself throughout this entire ordeal. I'd not wish yer exerience on anyone, but I also believe people dont get more than they can handle. Yer a fighter and an inspiration for how ye shouldered yer burden. Glad to know ye.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Your a trooper Jenn, great attitude, never give up. Thanks for sharing!

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's incredibly inspiring and shows a vast amount of strength and character. Nothing but respect for you!

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Funny how a couple of brushes with death can scare some one straight and totally alter their lives. Sometimes not in a good way. I can think of several people that havent been through half of this and got their second chance only to be bitter and feeling sorry for themselves. Drowning in self pity and despair. Ive always felt that a quitter will always find a way to quit even after giving a good fight.

Not you Sister. You’re a great example of grit and determination. Dare I say you're a role model on many levels.

Last edited:

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
Jenn your’e a fking fighter and an inspiration to people who think they cannot so something! Keep on fighting the good fight!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much you guys, truly appreciate the ones who have responded as you get it!!:D

There's other things that were't pleasant that I didn't mention and things I keep remembering after I post ..hahaha but shit is shit and once you get through it...doesn't matter anymore...THAT'S how life should be!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Btw...two MRI’s so far and all is excellent...my oncologist was ecstatic.. he also got me free Tagrisso medication as it’s like $14,000 a month but it’s a perfect med for my type of cancer and only 3 people besides me that go to my oncologist (don’t forget this is SoCal) is lucky to take this med..once again...not ready..all is good!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Btw...two MRI’s so far and all is excellent...my oncologist was ecstatic.. he also got me free Tagrisso medication as it’s like $14,000 a month but it’s a perfect med for my type of cancer and only 3 people besides me that go to my oncologist (don’t forget this is SoCal) is lucky to take this med..once again...not ready..all is good!

no medication on earth should cost $14,000/month, what complete bullshit. It's things like that that really piss me off :32 (4):

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Not sure that I have adaquate words to convey my thoughts on what you posted. All I can say is that it’s truly an amazing story and even more so considering your attitude through the whole thing. There are not many people in this world that are able to pull off what you did. Great doctors and medicine aside, it’s the person I feel that has the greatest impact on how things turn out. Granted the I’m going to beat this attitude unfortunately is not always enough when dealing with cancer, but there are those few that say **** off and win!
you get to add your name to the ones that pissed on this disease and lived to tell about it.
You really are an inspiration!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's just a part of life as far as I'm concerned...it's the same if I lost my job..I just see it differently than others and I'm so glad I'm the way I am.

I wish anyone that's going through it stays strong as possible and hopefully gets through it!

New Threads