Workout on cycle

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
Right now I do a push/pull legs routine. I am about to go on cycle, nothing extreme, and my question is; Would it be ok to continue the routine or since I'll be able to train longer and heavier do I need to swap to a body part a day. I'm just looking to be able to get the most out of my cycle. Thank you.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Why do you think you need to change your program if you're on cycle or not?

Reactions: PFM

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Dance with the girl you came with.

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
My reasoning was 2 fold.
1. A change up in routine would shock the muscles and stimulate growth.
2. Focusing on one part a day would let me train harder and have more rest and help bulk.
I was just seeing if anyone had done this before and what the outcome was.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
My reasoning was 2 fold.
2. Focusing on one part a day would let me train harder and have more rest and help bulk.

1) please Google up the physiology of muscle growth.

2) just no

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When the gear kicks your training is going to change. I'd point my concern towards eating enough, never missing a meal and getting solid sleep.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i would just add sets/intensity

If you are growing well on protocol X, no need to switch just because some tes.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
that would depend on whether you are cycling on and off vs blasting and cruising. years ago when I was cycling there was no way I was able to train with the same intensity on vs off. And back in those days we didn't pct. And speaking of pct, I'd actually like to hear from someone who does pct if they in fact do train the same, or even can.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
as I've said on here before and my dear old friend Charles Glass once told me many years ago is that the main condition while training on AAS is to increase intensity. To actually provoke the catabolic process in which AAS is most active. We are specifically talking about training here. That's the topic of the thread and that's my take.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I train no differently but I do drop the weights about 10% when I go back to TRT, then slowly bring them back up to my next starting point. If you try to maintain the same training weight on trt dose test vs. a test/tren blast, well I found out, no bueno. But that aside training is no different.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
My reasoning was 2 fold.

Dont let zilla see you talking about doing a "bro split" Just keep doing what youre doing and like the guys said, up your intensity. Your recovery will improve on cycle so why not hit the muscles multiple times a week.

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I will be blasting and cruising. Thank you everyone for the guidance. I workout before work at 4 in the morning and have to be at work at 6. I'm just gonna get there a little earlier when the intensity ramps up.

New Threads